Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer

Comments

• Still one of my favourite beers of the last few years.

• This was nice too...
  • Very pleasant IPA - What Plants Crave from Odd By Nature Brewing. Not as flowery as a lot of the NEIPAs. Very clean, nice bitterness. 

• Moros God of Doom from River Styx Brewing. 12% Imperial Stout conditioned on Kit Kats, Twix and Oreos. A bit sweet, but not too sweet.  As long as they keep serving it in pint jars, I’m a fan. 

• Very nice drop indeed.

• Beer served in jars.

How "trendy".
  • Off_it said:
    Beer served in jars.

How "trendy".
    It doesn’t matter what it’s served in as long as it’s got a hole at the top. 
  • Off_it said:
    Beer served in jars.

How "trendy".
    It doesn’t matter what it’s served in as long as it’s got a hole at the top. 
    Of course it matters. It doesnt affect the taste so much, but it makes the drinker look like a right pretentious ****!
  • edited January 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• This was an interesting drop that I picked up from my local bottle shop...

...one you're familiar with @PragueAddick
  • @Bournemouth Addick No, not at all, had to look it up. Turns out to be from a microbrewery just south of Prague, which in turn looks like it has a relationship with one of the first of the new wave breweries called Unetice close to my gaff, and Unetice have been successful in export, despite their size. Still good for them to get it into the UK. Now do make my day and tell me how much you paid for it  :D

I'll look out for it, although I generally don't like the Czech dark beers. Their others may be good. If they are connected to Unetice that's generally a good connection.

• Whilst £1.75 from Sainsburys secured me this beauty.

Nice beer, that one, but VERY citrussy
  • @Bournemouth Addick No, not at all, had to look it up. Turns out to be from a microbrewery just south of Prague, which in turn looks like it has a relationship with one of the first of the new wave breweries called Unetice close to my gaff, and Unetice have been successful in export, despite their size. Still good for them to get it into the UK. Now do make my day and tell me how much you paid for it  :D

I'll look out for it, although I generally don't like the Czech dark beers. Their others may be good. If they are connected to Unetice that's generally a good connection.
    Therein lies a tale @PragueAddick

My regular bottle shop is knocking them out at a reduced price of £2.80 (he claims 40% off normal) because they had a BB date of 5/11. The beer is fine of course. He says he found them in his store, having previously told me he doesn't have a stock room, and is just clearing some space. I guarantee he's never had these on sale before btw, I'm in there every week. He's telling porkies for some reason. 

Other retailers are also knocking out beers from the same brewery at similarly reduced prices, all with the same BB date of 5/11. If I were guessing I'd say that there's been a recent delivery into the UK of beers from them that, shall we say, might have been caught up in a supply chain issue of some sort.

I've been back in since to buy another 4, including some of their pale version. Will let you know what it's like. 

• Timmy Taylor Boltcutter, in a glass, in a pub.

But which pub???

Big fan of this one
  • Just come back from South Africa. Found a place which brewed it's own craft beer. The Tuk Tuk Microbrewery. Had a few very easy to drink brews. I was surprised that craft beers have even reached out there. However, they're not fully up to speed as it was only 2 quid a pint. ;)

https://tuktuk.co.za/
  • Off_it said:

Timmy Taylor Boltcutter, in a glass, in a pub.

But which pub???
    Is the name showing not a giveaway?
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Whilst £1.75 from Sainsburys secured me this beauty.
    Big fan of this one
    Me too - their Crayfish and Rocket is the dog’s bollocks.
  • addickson said:
    Off_it said:

Timmy Taylor Boltcutter, in a glass, in a pub.

But which pub???
    Is the name showing not a giveaway?
    Yeah,  well done. 
  • edited January 2022
    Bought ten large tins of Greene king IPA in Waitrose today, basically because they'd been reduced to £7.50. I don't really like GK beer, I find it thin and metallic, certainly on draught. But oddly, the canned version seems darker and slightly richer than the draught stuff, and while it will never make my top 50, it's actually fairly palatable.
  • Tahnoon's got the same wallpaper as you
  • edited January 2022
    like drinking a crunchy - v Harry potters butterbeer

McBobbin said:

Whilst £1.75 from Sainsburys secured me this beauty.
    Big fan of this one

Decent stuff, even better on draught. One of the good things about an Awayday to Peterborough, a visit to the Oakham Brewery Tap.
  • Snow coming, so I needed to replenish supplies 

• Take out the beer and that looks like Southall's gaff
  • edited January 2022
    IdleHans said:
    Take out the beer and that looks like Southall's gaff
    Didn’t look at his pictures - does his house look like the top shelf of my fridge?

Edit : I just took a look, it’s bit clinical. Do they do all his wife plastic surgery at home?