Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    I'm keeping it light tonight, but that Trappe Dubbel looks gorgeous. 
    Lol, we're probably drinking each others beers tonight as I'm a fan of the West Berks output. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    cafcbrown said:

What is it?
    Neck oil
  • Options
    I've never (knowingly) had any West Berks stuff before. A fiend of mine treated me to a box of them, so I have four different ones to try. The two so far have been very good.
  • Options
    Been down near Stonehenge all week, so been on Wadsworth's. Horizon (golden ale) is OK, as is the IPA.  6X (amber) is probably the pick I'd the bunch, but Swordfish (rum infused ale) is also very nice.
  • Options
    TIPA seriously good beer
  • Options
    Decent drop, although at 7.2% is not a session beer!
  • Options

Tried these two recently. Both very good - the seaweedy one the best. Both maybe a little heavy for this time of year but still quite refreshing. 
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:
    Decent drop, although at 7.2% is not a session beer!

The glass looks like my waist.....................
  • Options
    Taken delivery of a case of Orkney Dark Island, easily on my top 5 of all time beers. Shall enjoy those.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Passion fruit sour - perfect for a warm, sunny evening in Portland, Maine. 

• Options
    One last beer before I go to see Squeeze. Boon Gueuze Selection is superb. Even more superb is that I can get it on draft at Novare Res Bier Cafe in Portland, Maine. 

• Options
    I don't have a picture, but has anyone tried Aldi's Anti-Establishment IPA? It's their own label version of Brewdog Punk IPA. A very good beer in my humble opinion.

Apologies if it's already been discussed and I missed it in the 87 pages (and this is all about beer drinking so I may have forgotten it in the beery haze).
  • Options
    Loved the name - bought a bottle in a little shop right by the River Exe.
  • Options
    Had an Iron Pier Imperial Stout the other day, fermented in bourbon barrels. Stunning. Great brewery from Gravesend. Must visit their taproom.
  • Options
    stocked up on Other Half (again) via Brew Cavern in Nottingham...love the beer, but not cheap at over £10 a can (12 cans = £149)...  I need to get back to the US and fill my suitcase up...going to crack one open to get me through the match this evening...
  • Options
    Other Half helping me through this half…
  • Options
    Didn’t get a picture but have a drop of Delirium for tonight’s game, if it all goes wrong I’ve also got a bottle of brewdog Mr President which I’ve never seen before. 
  • Options
    Second (Other) Half
  • Options
    You’re going to need something stronger @Charlton_Charlie !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saga Lout said:
    I don't have a picture, but has anyone tried Aldi's Anti-Establishment IPA? It's their own label version of Brewdog Punk IPA. A very good beer in my humble opinion.

Apologies if it's already been discussed and I missed it in the 87 pages (and this is all about beer drinking so I may have forgotten it in the beery haze).
    Here’s one I had previously.
    Aldi do have a few decent brews.
    the freak aleworks is a fave

• Options
    34 degrees here today, so a hood day for a cold beer at Lamplighter Brewery. 

Major Tom, 7.4% New England IPA. Juicy, tropical - very refreshing.  

• Options
    edited August 2021
    That Lamplighter IPA looks right up my street.

This is just a cheapy produced for Lidl but surprisingly good. 

And their sour was just on the right side of tart too.

• Options
    Never been a fan of hibiscus beers, but I’m following the Major Tom with Blame It On My Juice passion fruit gose and it’s absolutely perfect for this weather. 

My latest bottle subscription lurking on the left - sour ale blended with strawberries, cherries and vanilla. 9.7%. I need to get them in the fridge. 

• Options
    Stop with the sours !!
  • Options
    Bit of a road trip taking in Joules Slumbering Monk in Ludlow. Old Hooky in the Pear Tree next to the brewery and the Long Blonde by Long Man in the sunshine in East Grinsted - mostly paid for by Taylored at 14-1 and the Exacta at £51.50 with Wings of a Dove at Lingfield yesterday. Back oop north now for some Southport Golden Sands to keep with the light theme. Back on the Loch Lomond Silkie Stout tomorrow in Crosby if I can keep off the cask Titanic Plum Porter in Southport.
    Last day on it tomorrow and then back to the grind.
  • Options
    Something different on today’s brewery trail. A mild - just 3.6% and quite tasty. Nice hint of caramel. 

• Options
    Back out now they've got rid of e-coli from it...

End of driving so often at barbecues etc with the kids now, I like a non alcoholic beer rather than endless coke or lemonade etc, so excited to try this one given I'm a Guinness drinker normally.

• Options
    Currently trying Aldi's Twice as Nice (allegedly) double IPA, 6.6%>
    It is UTTERLY VILE, like a poor man's Colt 45, and that's saying something. Avoid at all costs.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Got to love going to the west country on holiday ...

Edit: was trying to post some pics, but one of the downsides of being down here is that the Internet is powered by a small mouse on a wheel!