Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The club shop

Comments

• I much prefer the new shop & nike merchandise we have now compared to the years of rubbish we have had in the past
  • To be fair though how many years before Nike came along did the stalls sell gear with the badge on?

How come Macron, Joma and many more before them had no problem with the sellers outside?

I found that most of the time the stalls outside had better gear then the club shop!

In the late eighties, a guy that had a stall outside spuds got heavily fined for selling badges with the spuds logo. He was warned in court that any further breach of copyright could land him in prison for up to ten years.

• I also heard that the reason one of the stalls near the arch had to fold is because they had to many items with the Charlton badge on and Nike said no to the copyright?

I have also been told if you look at the stall that is there now you will find nothing with the badge on? They are also not allowed to sell pin badges as the club were not happy about it!!

the pin badges is definately correct as i asked on saturday
  • Not sure if the stock on the club shop website is the same as in the store but at the moment it's woeful. Hardly any kids stuff in stock, hoodies, jackets etc. Very disappointing for the start of December. I suppose they are happy to have shifted stuff but missing a trick to not have more in. Hope they get more stock in.
  • Nug said:

Not sure if the stock on the club shop website is the same as in the store but at the moment it's woeful. Hardly any kids stuff in stock, hoodies, jackets etc. Very disappointing for the start of December. I suppose they are happy to have shifted stuff but missing a trick to not have more in. Hope they get more stock in.

Doubt they will do anything until the takeover happens/falls through. I would have thought all spending has been frozen.
  • I normally don't have to much praise to heap upon the Nike shop but i bought my son a pair if Nike trainers reduced from £35 to £16 on Saturday and Sport Direct are still selling them for £30 . cant argue at that.
  • I normally don't have to much praise to heap upon the Nike shop but i bought my son a pair if Nike trainers reduced from £35 to £16 on Saturday and Sport Direct are still selling them for £30 . cant argue at that.

Good deal.

• Nug said:

Not sure if the stock on the club shop website is the same as in the store but at the moment it's woeful. Hardly any kids stuff in stock, hoodies, jackets etc. Very disappointing for the start of December. I suppose they are happy to have shifted stuff but missing a trick to not have more in. Hope they get more stock in.

Agree was in there with 2 of my boys (5 & 7) looking to buy anything and there was none of the half decent (yet pricey) nike Charlton track suit tops in the 6-8 size
    All we ended up getting was 4 soft teddy bears !

• Well the older i get , the less i care about what people think of me , just out of interest , OOey , whats your take on Y fronts? :-0

Down with em............

They're pants!!

• The Club Shop has sold branded Charlton merchandise to the stall holders in the past to clear their old lines. They can hardly complain about them selling it after the event. One of the stallholders had three American visitors to the Leeds game spend £100 with him shortly before the end of the match. They were surprised that the Club Shop was not open or accessible to fans during the game. He laughed and told them that was typical. He didn't realise they were there on behalf of the prospective new owners…..
  • Sponsored links:

• They had some decent deals (sale) on football boots on Saturday
  • As I do not travel to away games I cannot be 100% on this,but what other Club Shop does NOT sell Programmes,surely that,s the first thing away supporter,s look for.I know there are seller,s on the way to the ground, but away fan,s usually go to the shop first.
  • Derek1952 said:

As I do not travel to away games I cannot be 100% on this,but what other Club Shop does NOT sell Programmes,surely that,s the first thing away supporter,s look for.I know there are seller,s on the way to the ground, but away fan,s usually go to the shop first.

I've been to a fair few away games, I don't recall ever going to the club shop.
  • Derek1952 said:

As I do not travel to away games I cannot be 100% on this,but what other Club Shop does NOT sell Programmes,surely that,s the first thing away supporter,s look for.I know there are seller,s on the way to the ground, but away fan,s usually go to the shop first.

You'd struggle to get into the shop at The Valley on a match day without seeing the seller parked immediately in front of the door. I think the DVDs is more of an oddity, but as I've said before it's nobody's fault including the franchise-holder.
  • Went in today, very poor stock on kids stuff, I hoped they'd had a delivery, couldn't tell me if there would be any more before Christmas.
  • Nug said:

Went in today, very poor stock on kids stuff, I hoped they'd had a delivery, couldn't tell me if there would be any more before Christmas.

I would be surprised if the shop was re-stocked with takeover talks happening, or not as the case maybe.
  • edited December 2013
    a takeover would have no impact on the shop or it's stock as it is run by a different company (just sport)
  • Never been one for club apparel, but i do like this

• Nicholas said:

£66 for a hoody is too much.

people in their 40's shouldn't wear hoodies

Yes they can! Its the first sign of a
    Midlife crisis. Next comes a pony tail and a harley

• edited July 2015

To be fair though how many years before Nike came along did the stalls sell gear with the badge on?

How come Macron, Joma and many more before them had no problem with the sellers outside?

I found that most of the time the stalls outside had better gear then the club shop!

In the late eighties, a guy that had a stall outside spuds got heavily fined for selling badges with the spuds logo. He was warned in court that any further breach of copyright could land him in prison for up to ten years.

10 years behind the door all in the name of a potato. must have been a hot potato.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

Yes they can! Its the first sign of a
    Midlife crisis. Next comes a pony tail and a harley

They're called pony tails for a reason: if you lift one up there's an arsehole underneath....
  • @shine166 how much is that? Can't load the shop website for some reason.
  • Nicholas said:

b locks. been wearing hoodies since 70s along with vans and new balance. not gonna change cos of age.

• shine166 said:

Never been one for club apparel, but i do like this

Looks suitable for doing your painting in... :wink:

http://addicks.clubstore.co.uk/ca-5363-windrunner-jkt-adult

Bit pricey unfortunately
  • SEFREE said:

Nicholas said:

b locks. been wearing hoodies since 70s along with vans and new balance. not gonna change cos of age.

You've got to be dressed impeccably in order to decree what others should or shouldn't wear! And even then it's a bit silly. If I have to throw out my hoodie collection in a few years time because some guy decided it's a mid life crisis thing, that would lead to a real mid life crisis. I'd end up buying a fast car.

£66, I'm getting one
  • shine166 said:

Never been one for club apparel, but i do like this

Looks suitable for doing your painting in... :wink:
    Do love a windbreaker and yes, they usually turn into painting jackets pretty quick

http://addicks.clubstore.co.uk/ca-5363-windrunner-jkt-adult

Bit pricey unfortunately

Standard price for a jacket like that