Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Anyone watching the current frame Higgins vs Robertson? just finished as I typed Higgins won. Was odd the last 15 mins was a bit of lull as Robertson needed a snooker but got nowhere near. Might be a short break as Robbo needs his cue retipped could be dangerous for someone on form to have to change his cue/tip.
  • Options
    No retip needed... just what commentators said end of the last frame. Maybe a quick pee break then lol
  • Options
    stuck indoors with illness a t m so I'm watching far too much TV (when I should be reading some of the many unread books that are waiting on my shelf) .. the snooker is compelling viewing and the standard of the modern players is remarkable .. so many in with a chance of winning the tournament .. watching on Eurosport as I prefer the commentary especially good ol Joe Johnson ((:>)

Hope your feeling much better soon
    many thanks .. man flu+ (so I am told) .. nothing too serious ((:>)

Rest up Linc, enjoy the snooker and make the most of it :) better than that Jeremy Kyle malarkey..
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    1st Session
    End of Session

Judd Trump 7-1 Stephen Maguire
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    1stSession
    End of Session

John Higgins 4-4 Neil Robertson
  • Options
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    2nd Session
    End of Session

Dave Gilbert 10-6 Kyren Wilson
  • Options
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    2nd Session
    End of Session

One foot in the semis.  Who does he play if the gets there?
  • Options
    Would like Carter to win. I never realised how tough he has had it the last few years. 
  • Options
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    2nd Session
    End of Session

One foot in the semis.  Who does he play if the gets there?
    Winner of Higgins v Robbo
  • Options
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    2nd session
    End of Session

Gary Wilson 9-7 Ali Carter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    Result

Gary Wilson 13-9 Ali Carter

So the 1st man through to the World Championship Semi Finals is world ranked 32 Gary Wilson.

Gary is a 33 year old from Wallsend, he is currently ranked 32nd(at the start of the event) but will end the event no lower than 20th.

Gary has made 1 ranking event final losing to Mark Selby 10-2 in the 2015 China Open

This is only his 2nd year at the World Championships, his 1 previous appearence was in 2016/2017 season when he lost in the 1st round 10-7 to Ronnie O'Sullivan
  • Options
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    Result

Gary Wilson 13-9 Ali Carter

So the 1st man through to the World Championship Semi Finals is world ranked 32 Gary Wilson.

Gary is a 33 year old from Wallsend, he is currently ranked 32nd(at the start of the event) but will end the event no lower than 20th.

Gary has made 1 ranking event final losing to Mark Selby 10-2 in the 2015 China Open

This is only his 2nd year at the World Championships, his 1 previous appearence was in 2016/2017 season when he lost in the 1st round 10-7 to Ronnie O'Sullivan

Thanks for all your updates Paulie
  • Options

loving the snooker this year.

hate the Eurosport commentators though, who's the really effeminate sounding bloke on there?

• Options

hate the Eurosport commentators though, who's the really effeminate sounding bloke on there?

Former player Dominic Dale may be the person your referring to.
  • Options

Coverage is rubbish on both channels, annoying how they cant just utilise the two channels on Eurosport. Online you have to pay a seperate fee so its obviously down to that, so cant flick between tables, i think you can on BBC but not sure if always available. BBC talk too much and miss bits by catching up or showing replays. 

Wish someone could do it properly, its 2 weeks a year!  

Cant remember what commentators i prefer but some are annoying AF

Well done Gilbert, wins me some money him getting through to semis :) Higgins would be good too moneywise but still think Robertson is the man to beat. 
  • Options
    On the BBC red button you can get live coverage of both tables,also you can watch coverage of previous sessions.
  • Options
    Gilbert isnt through just yet @johnnybev1987 and Wilson was 6-2 and 9-7 down to Hawkins so I wouldnt write him off just yet
  • Options

Coverage is rubbish on both channels, annoying how they cant just utilise the two channels on Eurosport. Online you have to pay a seperate fee so its obviously down to that, so cant flick between tables, i think you can on BBC but not sure if always available. BBC talk too much and miss bits by catching up or showing replays. 

Well done Gilbert, wins me some money him getting through to semis :) Higgins would be good too moneywise but still think Robertson is the man to beat. 
    Gilbert is not through yet, Wilson is. He looked impressive this morning. Agree Robertson is the man to beat.
  • Options
    Has Wilson got the most centuries so far this tournament?
  • Options

Gilbert is not through yet, Wilson is. He looked impressive this morning. Agree Robertson is the man to beat.
    Gilbert isnt through just yet @johnnybev1987 and Wilson was 6-2 and 9-7 down to Hawkins so I wouldnt write him off just yet
    Correct sorry my mistake, i have him / Higgins and Mags so got confused. Also dont mind K Wilson beating Gilbert as thats another decent thing for me so either way all good :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry i should of said Gary Wilson...keep forgetting there is two of them.
  • Options
    He did prior to last eve sessions , i cannot confirm since :) 
  • Options
    Cheers was trying to find the latest on bbc website but gave up. 
  • Options
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    2nd session
    End of Session

John Higgins 9-7 Neil Robertson
  • Options
    Cheers was trying to find the latest on bbc website but gave up. 
    Current centuries:
    K Wilson - 7
    G Wilson - 7
    Robbo - 5
    Higgins-5
    Trump-5
    maguire-5
    Carter-3
    Current quarters count, quite surprising when people say Robbo has been unstoppable + Trump on form again, maybe as they have played less frames overall? Kyren Wilson kind of gets alot of slack for his position, but still to be up there for the tourney he cant be so bad. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    All a bit gimmicky, i like the idea though. Especially if people get more than one. Shouldn't be a set 20 people to hit them, should do it like 10 as that would be achievable. 
  • Options
    World Championship
    Quarter Final
    Result

Dave Gilbert 13-8 Kyren Wilson

Dave Gilbert is the 2nd man into the Semi Finals

Dave is a 37 year old from Derby he is currently ranked 16th in the World

Before this year he had three 1st round exits and one 2nd round exit in the World Championship

Dave has reached 3 ranking finals in his career:
    2015- International Championship losing 10-5 against John Higgins
    2018- World Open losing 10-9 against Mark Williams
    2019- German Masters losing 9-7 against Kyren Wilson