Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The idiot driver who nearly caused a major accident this evening.

Comments

• Options
    'kin foreign lorry drivers are a disgrace to their trade. Watched one driving around a roundabout near me that was farcical.
    I drive abroad from time to time. Driving is by no means my profession but I still know how to navigate a f*****g roundabout no matter what bloody country I'm in!
  • Options
    On Friday evening I was driving on the M20 near Maidstone and it was raining heavily with a lot of surface water. I saw a foreign juggernaut about a car's length away from the car in front of him. The car was driving at the speed limit of 50mph. The car wouldn't have stood a chance had he braked, as the lorry couldn't possibly have stopped in time.
  • Options
    So, I was driving home from the game yesterday waiting to turn right into the Kidbrooke junction and all these pricks were honking at someone else somewhere .......
  • Options

as some one just starting to learn how to drive, these stories terrify me!

Dont let it worry you... Driving at the end of the day is great fun, just be aware of everything going on around you whilst having the confidence to do the speed limits
  • Options

Assume every other road user is a congenital idiot and you won't go far wrong is my advice after 40 odd years driving.

• Options
    edited November 2013

Just stay in the zone mate.

You are driving a deadly weapon, almost everyone around you is out to get you, have been fully lobotomised, would not know a British driving test if it bit them on the arse and have no awareness of anything else outside of their own little dream world. And remember, if you make it back in doors intact, pray to all that you deem holy for thanks that you live to fight another day.

Right off you go KA...
  • Options
    Driving along the M25, a guy in a van was serving around. I got alongside him and noticed he was text messaging. Honked my horn. He chased me, went right up my back end, got alongside me, gesticulating to pull over, got in front and slammed the brakes on and eventually roared off.

Admittedly my armoury of irritating gestures - sarcastic claps, excessive yawning motions and the occasional thumbs up - didn't help (I don't get road rage but rather enjoying mocking those who do), but having reported him to 101, I was told the police would send me a form to fill out! Brilliant. A form. That'll learn 'im.
  • Options

Dont let it worry you... Driving at the end of the day is great fun, just be aware of everything going on around you whilst having the confidence to do the speed limits
    Yeah, but driving at the start or during the day is a freakin' nightmare kentaddick!!!! ;-)
    JiMMy 85 said:

Driving along the M25, a guy in a van was serving around. I got alongside him and noticed he was text messaging. Honked my horn. He chased me, went right up my back end, got alongside me, gesticulating to pull over, got in front and slammed the brakes on and eventually roared off.

Admittedly my armoury of irritating gestures - sarcastic claps, excessive yawning motions and the occasional thumbs up - didn't help (I don't get road rage but rather enjoying mocking those who do), but having reported him to 101, I was told the police would send me a form to fill out! Brilliant. A form. That'll learn 'im.

Jake Bugg's Two Fingers playing by any chance?? :)
  • Options
    If you are driving on the main Czech motorway and some sales manager warrior type gets up your ass, don't be tempted to give him the finger, otherwise this may happen.

The female victims were ok, although you can see they wouldn't have been, one second later where the trees are. The guy is currently doing 5 years. He works, or worked for South African Breweries, I know people who know him.
  • Options
    I was in the car and the wife phoned to tell me the police had said be careful as someone was driving the wrong way on the A2. I said to 'someone?, there are hundreds of them!'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you are driving on the main Czech motorway and some sales manager warrior type gets up your ass, don't be tempted to give him the finger, otherwise this may happen.

The female victims were ok, although you can see they wouldn't have been, one second later where the trees are. The guy is currently doing 5 years. He works, or worked for South African Breweries, I know people who know him.

Bloody hell! Didn't understand a word, but surely that stuff only happens in movies. Glad the victims are OK...5 years is too lenient for attempted murder!! Be safe out there Prague!
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Do Africans need a UK driving licence for driving in the UK?
    Take this as being as racist if you like, but they are bloody useless at driving.

Had a touch of the 'seconds' and removed my comments in case some 'do gooder' takes offence and sends the old bill round to nick my laptop!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Bloody hell! Didn't understand a word, but surely that stuff only happens in movies. Glad the victims are OK...5 years is too lenient for attempted murder!! Be safe out there Prague!
    It taught me the value of having cameras on the motorways. Imagine trying to prove that's what happened, otherwise. Like you said, it's movie or video game stuff. No one would believe you. As it was, it became a real WTF moment for the whole country.

Not typical though. Czechs can be arrogant and ignorant in their cars but open aggression is unusual. Jimmy85s experience would also be unusual. But I still breathe a sigh of relief when I cross the border into Germany or Austria.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Africans and Addison lee drivers worst on the road

And Audi drivers.

• Options
    I went on a Speed Awareness course this morning, 8am in Penge on a Sunday morning! Well better than 3 points.
    It was four hours long and I thought it would be a nightmare. Actually it was excellent and the time literally flew by. Ok it was helped by a truly wonderful instructor who was interesting, amusing, charming and hugely informative. I really felt I learnt a lot and for now at least I think I will keep more of an eye on my speed.
    As an urban driver I genuinely do try to keep my speed down all the time but on bigger roads and motorways I regularly speed, not excessively or I wouldn't have got the option to do the course. Far more serious incidents on urban roads and that little bit over the 30 limit really does make a difference.
    This course should be part of the Driving Test and every driver should be made to do it at least once. It's not a pass/fail course, it's about education and I certainly feel educated. I've been driving for 30 years btw.
  • Options
    Was at the round about by the O2 going straight on (2nd exit) towards the O2, so left hand lane, as I'm going past the first exit a van in the right hand lane decides he wants to go down the first exit and comes straight at me, I swerved out the way, he stopped so I stopped it was 2 Indians in a van and he put his arms up at me?! How on earth could that be my fault? I swiftly told him where to go
  • Options

Was at the round about by the O2 going straight on (2nd exit) towards the O2, so left hand lane, as I'm going past the first exit a van in the right hand lane decides he wants to go down the first exit and comes straight at me, I swerved out the way, he stopped so I stopped it was 2 Indians in a van and he put his arms up at me?! How on earth could that be my fault? I swiftly told him where to go

How did you know they were Indians? Was it their bow and arrows and wigwam in the back?
  • Options
    Chortle.
  • Options
    It was the other six sitting on the roof
  • Options
    Riviera said:

How did you know they were Indians? Was it their bow and arrows and wigwam in the back?
    Same as the other poster 'knew' the driver of the other car was African. What is it about driving that brings the basest prejudices of people to the surface?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was driving the other day in an 80Kmh zone and I saw a car RIGHT behind another vehicle, probably no more than 2 metres behind.

I pulled level on the inside lane and looked across and the female driver was TEXTING with no hands on the wheel and - the coup de grace - had THREE SMALL CHILDREN STANDING UP on the rear passenger seat - totally unsecured.

I tried to take her registration number but lost her in the traffic, it actually really shook me up that someone could be so stupid - and this was in broad daylight on a very busy road.
  • Options

I was driving the other day in an 80Kmh zone and I saw a car RIGHT behind another vehicle, probably no more than 2 metres behind.

I pulled level on the inside lane and looked across and the female driver was TEXTING with no hands on the wheel and - the coup de grace - had THREE SMALL CHILDREN STANDING UP on the rear passenger seat - totally unsecured.

I tried to take her registration number but lost her in the traffic, it actually really shook me up that someone could be so stupid - and this was in broad daylight on a very busy road.

It wasn't Springvale, was it? :)
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Do Africans need a UK driving licence for driving in the UK?
    Take this as being as racist if you like, but they are bloody useless at driving.

Anyone who's main residence is in the UK needs a UK licence.

I don't think this is true. Any license from within the EU is fine. I drove in France for five years with a UK license and I think it works both ways.
  • Options
    I think you can drive for three years on an EU-issued license after you become a resident. After that, you have to take a uk test and get a uk license.
  • Options
    Simply terrible

I blame Thatcher
  • Options

I think you can drive for three years on an EU-issued license after you become a resident. After that, you have to take a uk test and get a uk license.

Not what we were told yesterday on the Drviewatch course. Any EU member license can be exchanged for UK one. No driving test required.
  • Options
    Where's that thread we had on here where someone was absolutely adamant that you signal right when going straight over a roundabout and despite the Highway Code saying he was wrong, the OP was still adamant. That was a classic CL thread :)
  • Options
    worst driving I ever saw was in Bolivia. I'll never sit front an top in a coach again. On a windy mountain road with two lanes in each direction, the lorry in he inside lane decided to pull out while we were next to it. he didn't stop pulling out until we were in the hard shoulder on the wrong side. I honestly thought my time was up.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Oops. Wrong thread!
  • Options
    You want to try driving in Palermo.