Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The idiot driver who nearly caused a major accident this evening.

I cannot believe the mentality of some people who have supposedly passed a driving test - tonight they was very nearly a major pile up on the coastbound A2. Some idiot got himself into the left lane at the Kidbrooke junction and stopped dead when he realised he needed to turn right towards Kidbrooke. We were in the right hand lane and he then moved from the left lane and stopped right in front of us and just sat there waiting to join the queue of traffic in the far right lane waiting to turn towards Kidbrooke. Everyone was hooting at him, but he refused to move until the lights changed and he was able to get into the queue of traffic.

Words fail me at the stupidity of some people.

Comments

• Options
    I was out down Crayford this morning and coming home via. Brampton Road I was stuck behind two Learners on main roads extremely reluctant to do even 20mph

I really feel for these guys as well cos its not there fault where they're driving but what are the instructors doing letting them on the main roads if that person isnt confident enough??
  • Options
    the standard of driving on the roads these days is shocking.

yours sincerely

S Vettel

*drivers who don't signal really winds me up.
  • Options
    powell out
  • Options

I cannot believe the mentality of some people who have supposedly passed a driving test - tonight they was very nearly a major pile up on the coastbound A2. Some idiot got himself into the left lane at the Kidbrooke junction and stopped dead when he realised he needed to turn right towards Kidbrooke. We were in the right hand lane and he then moved from the left lane and stopped right in front of us and just sat there waiting to join the queue of traffic in the far right lane waiting to turn towards Kidbrooke. Everyone was hooting at him, but he refused to move until the lights changed and he was able to get into the queue of traffic.

Words fail me at the stupidity of some people.

Exact same thing happened to me in the exact same place this morning.

Have seen it happen so many times there.

• Options
    Macronate said:

the standard of driving on the roads these days is shocking.

yours sincerely

S Vettel

*drivers who don't signal really winds me up.

People who put their fog lights on at the first sign of rain. The clue's in the name people.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's the same place you're on about, but a few years ago, was a passenger in my mates car heading away from Charlton. Just past the sun in the sands roundabout, a car (with foreign plates) missed the right hand turn to get on the south circular, so decided to slam on his brakes and reverse back up the A2 in the 2nd lane. The car behind him slammed on his brakes in time to stop. Unfortunately, the 2 cars behind didn't brake quickly enough, causing a 3 car pile-up (we just about managed to stop). As if nothing had happened, the car which caused all this simply drove away leaving the carnage in his rear view mirror.

What made it even more annoying (but being a foreigner, probably didn't realise) is that a 100 yards up the road is the exit for the south circular, which at worst, would've added 2 mins on his trip..........
  • Options
    Just looked at the junction on Google Streetview and as you approach the junction there is a bend, so to do what this man did tonight makes it even more dangerous and lucky that there wasn't a pile up. If this is a common occurrence, then it seems like a good idea to put up cameras so that these people can be fined for dangerous driving.
  • Options
    Would it suprise you to know that some of the people driving on English roads today actually passed their tests atop elephants?
  • Options

I was out down Crayford this morning and coming home via. Brampton Road I was stuck behind two Learners on main roads extremely reluctant to do even 20mph

It's worse when you get stuck behind someone who's actually passed their test and they're crawling along at 15-20mph. If you went that slow on your test i'm sure you'd fail it for driving dangerously slow.
  • Options

It's worse when you get stuck behind someone who's actually passed their test and they're crawling along at 15-20mph. If you went that slow on your test i'm sure you'd fail it for driving dangerously slow.
    There are a lot of drivers out there with a lack of confidence. What gets me are the people who drive at 40mph in a 60 then proceed to do 40mph in a 30, lack of awareness?

Then you have those who don't know which lane to use on a roundabout and have a go at me for driving properly, it's not my fault you are an idiot! And let's not forget people there is a stick none as indicator, use it!

I could really go on....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Probably nerves, that area is close to a test Centre so it's common to see plenty of learner drivers about, i will slow down and keep my distance to hopefully give them a bit more confidence.

There will always be bad and lazy drivers about who have forgotten what they learnt, it's frustrating but it seems to be more of a problem.
  • Options
    elephants ?
  • Options
    See this a few weeks ago a car stopped in the inside lane then turned sharp right and was sitting at 90 degrees to the oncoming fast lane and a car slammed on its brakes and couldn't stop and hit straight into the African drivers door causing a lot of damage to both cars
  • Options
    The one that gets me at the moment is a complete absence of knowledge about what a box-junction is. Lost count of the times I have been beeped to move into one when waiting to turn up Burrage Road, with three lanes of traffic heading towards me on Plumstead Road! Wish they would use the cameras there to fine all the twats that do it!!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

The one that gets me at the moment is a complete absence of knowledge about what a box-junction is. Lost count of the times I have been beeped to move into one when waiting to turn up Burrage Road, with three lanes of traffic heading towards me on Plumstead Road! Wish they would use the cameras there to fine all the twats that do it!!

Tel, I think you will find that you can do that if you are turning right.

In both Ireland and the United Kingdom (where cars drive on the left), drivers may enter the box and wait when they want to turn right and are stopped from doing so only by oncoming traffic or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.
  • Options
    True, i picked the wrong example there, but the layout at Plumstead Rd/Burrage is awful as sight lines are poor, through the barriers, and sometimes you get a filter and others you don't.

It's everywhere though and not just junctions like that. They block roads, when they have no way of getting across the junction and then when you get your green light, you have nowhere to go, as they are still across the road from whichever other side they've tried to sneak a few yards from.

• Options
    Do Africans need a UK driving licence for driving in the UK?
    Take this as being as racist if you like, but they are bloody useless at driving.
  • Options

Take this as being as racist if you like, but they are bloody useless at driving.

Anyone who's main residence is in the UK needs a UK licence.

• Options
    If you have never driven in the Algarve you don't know you are born... ;-)
  • Options

True. Probably the worst place I have driven. Although Poland runs it very close.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's a lovely drive down to the 'worlds end' then upto Odimira and back down to Albuifiera.
  • Options
    Taxi drivers round my way seem to have their own highway code. It has got to me so much I go out of my way to not to be a gentleman of the road for those divs.
  • Options

It's a lovely drive down to the 'worlds end' then upto Odimira and back down to Albuifiera.
    Yes - absolutely, just keep your wits about you! :-)
  • Options
    Africans and Addison lee drivers worst on the road
  • Options
    as some one just starting to learn how to drive, these stories terrify me!
  • Options

Don't know if it's still the case, but about 20 years ago Portugal had the worst statistics in Europe re accidents per mile driven.
  • Options
    At all the roundabouts near Bluewater people go in the left lane to turn right and at the one as you come from Bluewater to asda in greenhithe people go in the right lane to turn left then have a go at me when I'm in the left lane and go straight on and almost hit me. Clowns.
  • Options

and just to add a bit of sexism, African women drivers WTF!
  • Options

circumcised African women drivers would have them foaming better on here Baldy...
  • Options

circumcised African women drivers would have them foaming better on here Baldy...

as sung by the upper north,
    cawd,cawd,cawd

i'll get my coat.