Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

striker problem ?

Powell clearly been trying and failing to bring a striker in on loan.

We all know about Yann, and Church is a worker. But there is no real box finisher there. Sordell is a huge disappointment, and Pigg is just not ready.

So what do we do ?

Comments

• Options
    Play Stewart up front. Did you see that finish?
  • Options
    We need another option, still think Sordell will score goals if he's given a run in the side
  • Options
    Has anyone seen enough of Michael Smith to make a call on how ready he might be to come back and give us options in Jan ?
  • Options
    Pigott might be like Harriot. Maybe it might be worth giving him a chance
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Has anyone seen enough of Michael Smith to make a call on how ready he might be to come back and give us options in Jan ?

Watched him last night against Coventry, scored a good header (which could be interesting as we've no one in the box for when its being crossed in so much) but very wasteful I found

Saying that its only the second time I've seen him play (After a cameo in the 4-0 win @ Halifax) so cant really judge myself
  • Options
    really need a small, nippy striker rather than another Smith/Piggott type. are any of the reserve/academy players up to it ?? Jordan Cook plays up front or how about Azzez or Sho-Shilva ??
  • Options
    I think Azzez is at Torquay. However, we could give him a go when he gets back
  • Options
    Cook's more of a winger. Not sure either of Azeez or Sho-Silva are good enough for this level but they both have pace, strength and height.

I thought Sordell was supposed to offer pace but at least Azeez or Sho-Silva would probably play with far more energy.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Cook would be worth a go. Failing that, how's Simeon Jackson enjoying life in Germany? Loan to Xmas??
    What about Becchio at Norwich?
  • Options
    Put Phil Chappel up front !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We haven't got the money to attract a really top class striker on loan .. and obviously, to pretty much contradict myself, any top class strikers are not going to be available on loan .. Sheffield Wednesday for example have signed umpteen decent (and a few rubbish) strikers both on loan and permanent with some success. They have the money. Richer clubs than us are able to stockpile a few strikers.
    Give Pigott a few games, although I fear that the braying CAFC Valley booboy donkeys will not really give the young man a chance and just make him a bundle of nerves. Perhaps the answer is to play him in a few away games to regain his confidence.
    Sordell is too inconsistent and lazy and does not appear to have his heart in CAFC, Kermorgant looks both unfit and disinterested, Azeez I know nothing about, Church is OK and could be a success with better service, although he looks better with another striker playing upside him. Stewart, as mentioned elsewhere, is very skilful and can score but he needs a bigger man than Church alongside to take the knocks ... so ... call for Pigott, bring back Smith and reinduct him into the first team squad, try him first from the bench and see how he goes .. but the very conservative and cautious by nature Chris Powell will almost certainly not do this
  • Options
    It's a massive problem. I'm sorry but I don't see Pigott as being anywhere near ready and Smith is on loan and although scoring a few it's a big leap to Championship. Not sure if it's possible but I would send Sordell back as soon as we can and use what I imagine is a considerable contribution to his wages as a means of getting in A.N. other. It's a pity because I thought Sordell would be great for us. Not sure why it hasn't happened for him.
  • Options
    To be fair to Sordell, whenever he's been in the team, we have not been creating many chances. With Jacko back and Church, Stephens and Cousins all playing well, it could be different now. I think he's the type of player who could suddenly transform into a hard working goal poacher if he were to score a couple and gain some confidence. I get the impression that he is low on confidence and is trying to avoid doing anything wrong atm. If Yann's going to be out for much longer, I'd give him and Church a run together.

• Options
    Try a yoof, can't be any worse than, cast aside your caution cp.
  • Options
    Stevie may..
  • Options
    We need luck...
  • Options
    Bolton signing Joe Mason from Cardiff, didn't he score against us last year?
  • Options
    Is Obika still injured ?
  • Options
    The problem with Spurs qualifying in the Europa League for us is that they still have two dead rubber games and I can see AVB possibly playing Obika if he is fit.
  • Options
    Obika got injured?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How 'bout Carlos Fierro?
  • Options
    Thought obika was elsewhere on loan sure i heard his name on goals on sunday the other week.
  • Options
    Takes risks ?
    Overcomes the odds ?
    Winner ?
    Quick ?
    Poacher ?

The Incredible Mr Fox (George Clooney) it is.

Are people saying Yann isn't up for it anymore ?
  • Options
    Surely we're due a good striker. Everybody else seems to get one once in a while.

Maybe it's the coaching or Scouting thats suspect.
  • Options
    Stevie may up in scotland is mustard looks like andy reid with long hair skills to burn.. Sign him up.
  • Options

Stevie may up in scotland is mustard looks like andy reid with long hair skills to burn.. Sign him up.

Celtic will no doubt head a long queue for his services.
  • Options

Thought obika was elsewhere on loan sure i heard his name on goals on sunday the other week.

Probably misheard Obita (Reading) for Obika.

• Options
    BGSAddick said:

How 'bout Carlos Fierro?

Or André!?
  • Options
    Peter Andre?
  • Options

Peter Andre?

Better option than Sod all Sordell............