Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Head of Comms advertised

Comments

• LuckyReds said:

HarryLime said:

I wonder what she is thinking now. We were told at Meire’s PowerPoint meeting that she would start in Feb. Since then including the Power Point itself, there have been all number of PR gaffs, Dublin being a classic, culminating in a car park full of protesters and Minty’s effort in the Standard. She must have followed events, would she have handled things differently. Is she still looking forward to starting?

Or did she start early, and make contributions while not yet officially in post?
    If she's started already then she isn't doing too well; unless you mean by this weeks releases?
    Understand they've got an interim from the PL advising them.
    If they have had advice regarding the statement and the Fraeye revelations over the past couple of days then the Premier League employ chite staff.

• Head of Mistruth more like it.
  • seth plum said:

LuckyReds said:

HarryLime said:

I wonder what she is thinking now. We were told at Meire’s PowerPoint meeting that she would start in Feb. Since then including the Power Point itself, there have been all number of PR gaffs, Dublin being a classic, culminating in a car park full of protesters and Minty’s effort in the Standard. She must have followed events, would she have handled things differently. Is she still looking forward to starting?

Or did she start early, and make contributions while not yet officially in post?
    If she's started already then she isn't doing too well; unless you mean by this weeks releases?
    Understand they've got an interim from the PL advising them.
    If they have had advice regarding the statement and the Fraeye revelations over the past couple of days then the Premier League employ chite staff.

Either that or they don't heed the advice....
  • Let's give her a chance.

As far as we know she's not started yet so we can't blame her for this week. It will be a difficult enough job regardless.

I share AB's concerns about the lack of editorial experience but let's wait and see.
  • Let's give her a chance.

As far as we know she's not started yet so we can't blame her for this week. It will be a difficult enough job regardless.

I share AB's concerns about the lack of editorial experience but let's wait and see.

Agree. In my experience (from on the other side of the fence) the best communicatons/PR people I dealt with as a journalist were those who came from a similar background. They generally understand how the media works and what the demands are. That fosters a good working relationship based on mutual trust. Where it goes wrong is when the Head of Communications see themselves as a barrier rather than a facilitator, there to protect rather than filter, and to demand without offering anything back.

That said, the last few weeks have clearly shown there is a chronic need of some expertise inside the club. Some of the PR gaffs have been so obvious that a trainee could have spotted them and headed them off ...
  • Is she going to just look after PR or is her remit wider communications?

• Sponsored links:

• If she proves as hopeless as our CEO, and interim head coach, where does that leave Olly?
  • Was she interviewed on the centre circle?
  • Is it a return for Rachael, Airman?
  • Dave2l said:

Is it a return for Rachael, Airman?

I rather think not ...
  • Jeanette?
  • edited January 2016
    Fumbluff said:

Jeanette?

Ditto. I don't have her name. Yet.
  • They could appoint Alistair Campbell - though he might want a tad more than 40K - and it would not make any difference whatsoever.

The "message" in football is delivered from 1500-1645 every Saturday and for the last couple of years we have been receiving it loud and clear.

The team needs substantial investment to make it competitive or all there is no way in the world you can even begin to sell the good stuff RD is doing such as with the training ground development.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we sing "We all know your salary's shite!"???
  • Dave2l said:

I rather think not ...
    Once again some bird that knows nothing about football but perhaps an older wiser head then KM in a business sense
  • edited January 2016

Dave2l said:

I rather think not ...
    Is she still in Australia Airman?

• She's still doing Countdown.
  • I think the new head of comms is in an extraordinarily strong position. Assuming that she is competent and has down her own due diligence, particularly in light of the recent press attention, any advice that she gives and is not taken leaves her in a position where she exits stating that she is wasting her time there. Only time will tell about her competence and whether she is listened to
  • edited January 2016

Dave2l said:

I rather think not ...
    Is she still in Australia Airman?

Yes, started following her on Twitter, she backing the protests.

• Just as a slightly amusing aside. The new Head of Comms for the large well-known entity I used to work for rang me up and she asked "so, what's the difference between a private warning and a public warning"?
    My reply, was "okay, a private warning is, well, private; a public one isn't." I hope the club's new employee is a little more astute.
  • The only club in the country where office wallers are on more wedge than the pissin manager, interim or not