Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Head of Comms advertised

Considering Matt Wright resigned 4 months ago, surprised its taken so long to advertise for a replacement.

Seems to me like they are asking a lot for 30-odd K

Comments

• says up to £40k now

Thought it was interesting that it the JD seems slanted towards PR and no mention of journalism
  • Also no advert for the job Gary Haines left or Lisa the other member of the comms team who has just departed.

Although I'd guess that they'll try and appoint to both roles from the one round of interviews.
  • Sounds ideal for Airman...
  • Also no advert for the job Gary Haines left or Lisa the other member of the comms team who has just departed.

Although I'd guess that they'll try and appoint to both roles from the one round of interviews.

Lisa who?
  • Did Gary leave of his own accord?
  • So who us left to turn out the lights? Jimmy Stone .......
  • edited November 2013

Did Gary leave of his own accord?

He fancied a change as we all do now and then.
  • Glovepup said:

Did Gary leave of his own accord?

He fancied a change as we all do now and then.
    We tend to fancy it a lot less in a recession

• edited January 2016
    The new head of comms, due to start at the beginning of February, is from a marketing background, it seems. She doesn't have football or substantial related editorial experience, as far as I understand from multiple sources.

Let's not make an issue out of her being a woman, though. We've had some excellent women press officers at Charlton and I'm sure one of them would have made a good head of comms (and might take offence if I imply otherwise).
  • Sponsored links:

• a woman?

will we ever learn?
  • what's her Sofa preference?
  • If she has no editorial experience is this another indicator that the club will be cancelling the matchday programme next season?

Lisa who?
    Squires?
  • I hope she has the ability to refrain from answering emails and to treat all customers with equal disdain. And also to be able to say "I'm sorry, Katrien has had to go out on urgent business so your meeting is cancelled ... she'll get back to you" in eight languages.
  • I wonder what she is thinking now. We were told at Meire’s PowerPoint meeting that she would start in Feb. Since then including the Power Point itself, there have been all number of PR gaffs, Dublin being a classic, culminating in a car park full of protesters and Minty’s effort in the Standard. She must have followed events, would she have handled things differently. Is she still looking forward to starting?
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

If she has no editorial experience is this another indicator that the club will be cancelling the matchday programme next season?

Ohhh... that's a very good question.
    HarryLime said:

I wonder what she is thinking now. We were told at Meire’s PowerPoint meeting that she would start in Feb. Since then including the Power Point itself, there have been all number of PR gaffs, Dublin being a classic, culminating in a car park full of protesters and Minty’s effort in the Standard. She must have followed events, would she have handled things differently. Is she still looking forward to starting?

"They've set the bar really f*cking low there..... result."
  • HarryLime said:

I wonder what she is thinking now. We were told at Meire’s PowerPoint meeting that she would start in Feb. Since then including the Power Point itself, there have been all number of PR gaffs, Dublin being a classic, culminating in a car park full of protesters and Minty’s effort in the Standard. She must have followed events, would she have handled things differently. Is she still looking forward to starting?

Or did she start early, and make contributions while not yet officially in post?
  • HarryLime said:

Or did she start early, and make contributions while not yet officially in post?
    If she's started already then she isn't doing too well; unless you mean by this weeks releases?
  • Does she speak English?
  • LuckyReds said:

HarryLime said:

If she's started already then she isn't doing too well; unless you mean by this weeks releases?
    Understand they've got an interim from the PL advising them.
  • LuckyReds said:

HarryLime said:

Understand they've got an interim from the PL advising them.
    Wait.. seriously, or jokingly?

Am I right in saying that at the moment we have:

- an "Interim Head Coach"
    - an "Interim Head Scout"
    - an "Interim Head of Communications"
  • Another suspect for the blindly pro-club comments posted in response to the Standard article.
  • As long as she says yes to you know who, she will suit them.
  • edited January 2016
    posted in error.