Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds - (Alternative) Preview, Predictions and Line Ups

Comments

• Options
    Fantasic preview very funny indeed 0-1 last seasons leeds game was my sons first ever match :)
  • Options
    2-1 to the addicks, great preview @AFKABartram - match thread from 2 pm.
  • Options
    Dañ I done you a dis- service by not reading that preview before posting

The best preview of the season
  • Options
    Made me choke on my Corn Flakes, that preview.
    3-2 to Charlton, Jackson to get a couple.
  • Options
    I'm curious, with our current striker limitations, i.e. a Gary Nelsonesque favoured striker and an unfavoured multi million pound striker and an injured striker who keeps on being brought back too early and the board having sanctioned (allegedly) loanees over a week ago why we have been unable to bring anyone else in? Even if all three strikers were on top form a 4th striker would extend options, this is a bit like the Pardew season when we struggled along with just two center halves.
  • Options
    Can't make it tomorrow as I'm off to Stourbridge to see Biggleswade Town get through to the second round of the FA Cup - Because of that I fully expect Charlton to win comfortably 2-0 .
  • Options
    any likely team news?
  • Options
    razil said:

any likely team news?

yes, I've heard we will likely be putting out a team

• Options
    Great review , you really do learn something new every day!

'As a former player in the glory Pardew era, Luke Varney is well known to Charlton fans. Having spent the first 25 years of his life living in a barn and surviving off the land, the bright lights, motor cars and people of the big city was all too much for our Lukie'
  • Options
    CAFC 2 v Leeds United 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    School boy error. It's GARRY Nelson.

Go to the back of the class, write GARRY 1,000 times and learn to read back on your work before you submit it.
  • Options
    0-0
  • Options
    I spelt it right, it was his parents who spelt it wrong.
  • Options
    2-0, a brace from Steve Dowman. Or have I regressed 30 years?
  • Options
    Another clean sheet. 1-0 to the Reds
  • Options
    a nail biting all action end to end 0-0
  • Options
    No bones about it, I despise Leeds. Like no other club. So when we play them I pray for a win, any win, don't care how we get it. Tomorrow I'm confident the defence have the nous now to withstand what they'll bring to us and we'll have that little bit of luck up front to secure a satisfying 2-0 win.

Need the bragging rights at work on Monday.
  • Options
    My boy is one of the mascots tomorrow and has been hyper since we told him on Monday!

Looking forward to the whole day and praying for a win. I'll go for a 1-0 win with a Stephens winner. COYR!
  • Options
    mart77 said:

My boy is one of the mascots tomorrow and has been hyper since we told him on Monday!

Looking forward to the whole day and praying for a win. I'll go for a 1-0 win with a Stephens winner. COYR!

Hope he brings us some extra luck & enjoys his day, mart.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had a little look on a Leeds forum (I've disinfected) and they're not underestimating us. Most seem to think it'll be a tough game and they'll be very happy if they manage a win. Which they won't.

Bloody wish I was going.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    With recent results a low scoring draw might be on the cards. But with Charlton you just never know. Church to score in the first half early on. We play all the football but do not add to it. Then with 10mins to play a McCormack double sinks us. 2-1 Leeds.
  • Options
    Leeds are one of the latest clubs to fanny around with 3-5-2, by the way. Don't be surprised if they line up like that tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bloody Hell....wish I was going. Laid up in Hospital bed in Norwich..was there last year when Obika scored in last 5 mins....will never forget the smile on SCP face and the hug he gave him....the place erupted..the upper north went berserk...thats why I love Charlton
  • Options
    good luck to everyone at the Valley today, we shall be at Morecambe for the cup match, expect at 1-1 but hope for a 2-0
  • Options
    Brilliant preview
  • Options

mart77 said:

Hope he brings us some extra luck & enjoys his day, mart.

this
  • Options
    Just left mid way through an ante natal class for this, the shame I feel will only be nullified by a win!!!
  • Options
    Pitch Inspection at 1:30.
  • Options
    God no, it can't be called off!!!