Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - Sat 6th Nov 2004 - Tottenham 2 Charlton 3

The day after Santini resigned at Spurs and Martin Jol took temporary charge, Charlton ran riot at 'the Lane', cruising into a 3-0 lead before Shaun Bartlett was sent off and they pulled two back for a nervy ending.

Shaun Bartlett got the first two, Jerome Thomas the third.

Tottenham: Robinson, Pamarot, Naybet, King, Bunjevcevic, Davies (Ziegler 45), Pedro Mendes, Redknapp (Carrick 59), Keane, Kanoute, Defoe. Subs Not Used: Keller, Brown, Silva Sousa.

Goals: Keane 69 pen, Defoe 79.

Charlton: Kiely, Young, Perry, El Karkouri, Hreidarsson, Kishishev, Holland, Murphy (Fortune 89), Thomas (Konchesky 84), Johansson (Euell 81), Bartlett. Subs Not Used: Jeffers, Andersen.

Sent Off: Bartlett (68).

Booked: Thomas, Young.

Goals: Bartlett 17, 39, Thomas 50.

Att: 35,423

-----

Cracking days, who else was there ????

Comments

• Options
    Yep. Great day out. Brilliant save from Bartlett!! Thomas's debut I *think*.

Nervy, as you say.

9 years ...Jesus :-/
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Im sure that was the one me and the girls got showered with plastic pint glasses after giving a full rendition of VFR as we were about to leave one of "their" pubs afterwards.
    I did know them so it wasn't meant too badly but fecking funny all the same... oh we laughed all the way down the Seven Sisters Road. God i miss them days.

sigh.

Cant really remember the game...
  • Options
    We were absolutely cruising but that last 10 minutes was horrible. Great day though............
  • Options
    Great day out, back in the days when anything less than 3 points at the Lane was considered a disappointment! Think we must have gone about 10 games unbeaten there, including a couple at the end of the 80's.

Might have been JT's league debut, but pretty sure his first Charlton appearance was as a sub in our home league cup defeat against Palace reserves.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Cant really remember the game...

I was going to post first, but chickened out. Although there, I can't remember it either & we won ! Shameful. :-)
  • Options
    Bartlett's diving header was probably one of my all time favourite Charlton goals, fantastic one touch build up then a great finish. Fantastic goal, still shit my pants when it 3-2.
  • Options
    As usual the Programme can be seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/7408217236

Want to see more Charlton Programmes, then visit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/sets/
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    One of my favourite away days from the Prem era, I took my 8 year old son and amazingly he correctly called that it would be a 3-2 win for Charlton , I really wish I had put a fiver on his prediction.

Couldn't believe it when we went 3 up but typical Charlton we let 2 in and a nervy last 10 minutes with 10 men after Bartlett saved the ball on the line just before Keane scored the penalty.

On our line up Konchesky,Perry and Young were all ex Spurs and Murphy went on to sign for them.
  • Options
    Konchesky ex spurs?
  • Options

Konchesky ex spurs?

He went there in a loan swap with Perry.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gosh I'd forgotten that!
  • Options
    Considering we had a sold out away end, was during our best ever period and was one of our best ever away wins, surprised at so little comment or people there to be honest.
  • Options
    Yeah I only do misery as far as CAFC is concerned. Although I do remember nearly cracking a smile on the way out. Nine years ago, bloody hell...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Got a couple off free tickets of Sean Davis who had just signed for spurs. Went with a spurs fan and how I kept me head down when we went 3-0 I do not know. The picture on my friends face was awesome too! We both had a good laugh about it on the day
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Considering we had a sold out away end, was during our best ever period and was one of our best ever away wins, surprised at so little comment or people there to be honest.

Surprised me as well considering the interest in the Northwich debacle.

Wasn't there also a minutes silence for Bill Nicholson that day or was that the previous season ? We have had some good trips to Spurs over the years.

I now live in Walthamstow which is very close to White Hart Lane and I have been taken there a few times in recent years on corporate hospitality so I have adopted them as one of my other teams along with Barnet and Leyton Orient. I didn't drink that day because I took my son but on other occasions I have used the Ferryboat pub close to Tottenham Hale and got the train to Nothumberland Park 20 minutes before kick off. I now use that Pub quite a lot as it is one of the better ones in the area,it is strange how life works out sometimes.

• Options
    I was there........typical Charlton having been 3-0 up & looking comfortable we had to play out a nervy last 10 mins. As said on here earlier, cracking 2nd goal from Bartlett.
  • Options
    Was a cracking day from start to finish as per the norm for this fixture I was in the spuds end and absolutely pissimg myself at the score and their pathetic performance

There was a time when 3 points from the pussies from down the road was the norm

• Options
    was there too lol but in our end and if ya remember NLA we had a bonfire party at Helens that night and i was on the big screen at the lane after each of our goals got a few looks on me way round the ground to meet ya after lol
  • Options
    One of my my favourites, went up with two yidos and as my memory serves one of the last times we beat them baskets

Thomas gave them the runaround, remember lot of them chatting about being happy Jol would be taking over too
  • Options
    Sean Bartlett's header from Luke Young's cross was the culmination of a great team move and one to be proud of--a top quality Premier League goal.As good a goal as we scored in the Prem.And a great all round performance.Quite liked our games over there,apart from the last league game under the hapless Les Reed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was in a Spurs box for this with the bookies (yes I'm a loser/looser/loo sir) magnificent game iirc thomas' goal had a bit of a deflection on it and we were under the cosh to hang on

they were dream days mixing it with the giants of football rather than trying to get a hard on about beating nobody fc in the last few years

thank you Alan
  • Options

If I remember rightly which is probably wrong but I swear we had a piss poor turnout and it was our first away win of the season.
  • Options
    it was our first premier league away win of the season and i don't think we sold out either (but thats a standard thought from me anyway !)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Defo didn't sell out, as huge queue at ticket office (home and away sales) just before k/o, a tout tried to sell me one for something extortionate - told me it had sold out, I replied "yeah, right, we're Charlton ffs!" and immediately haggled him right down, and once in chose where to go (and stood I think)

The look on the spuds fans next to us at half-time when we were cheering our goal replays on the big screen was priceless!
  • Options
    I don't get to many away games now due to family commitments but I remember this game well. Arrived hoping for a draw and couldn't believe we went three up! We must have scored from all of our chances. Spurs fans booing their team. Us singing "Where's Santini gone?!" after they took the piss about Parker at (I think) the prior game at the valley. Great day.
  • Options
    I was there, became our own 3 point Lane for a while after this & Carlton Cole scoring in a 1-0 win! Remember Thomas' putting us 3-0 up, then Bartlett got sent off & it was proper backs to the wall defending from then on in - pretty sure JT had a bit of a worldy against them, ran their back 4 all over the place
  • Options
    Was this the game when they wheeled out Ray Liotta at half time?
  • Options
    Just checked Carl Leaburn's programme photo and it confirms this was the first game after Bill Nicholson's death.

There was a minutes silence before kick off and some ex Tottenham players were on the pitch to pay respect.I think it may have been Michael Carrick's debut for them as a sub for Jamie Redknapp.

I can also confirm that we didn't sell out the away end but judging by the comments here I suspect that many Addicks infiltrated the Home stands.That some people can't remember this game clearly shows what a golden era this was.
  • Options
    My recollection of this game is of Johansson having a stormer playing up top with Bartlett. I'm sure I remember him tearing them apart down the right hand side. Unfortunately when Bartlett was sent off, JJ was substituted for Euell & we ended up hanging on for dear life. It was a great win.
  • Options

Was this the game when they wheeled out Ray Liotta at half time?

think you're right.

Good random memory that !