Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone on here got a domestic cleaner?

It's got to that time that housework is becoming too much of a chore after work, kids, cooking etc etc and we are thinking of getting a domestic cleaner in our house

Anyone here got one- if so

How much are they charging you?
How long do they do?
How frequently? once a week or every few days
What do you get them to do and what do they leave?
Do you ever tip them?
Do you feel confident that they aren't rifling through your possessions?

Also - if anyone is in the Maidstone / Medway area of Kent (specifically Snodland) then fee free to share any reputable companies

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    How much are they charging you? we pay £50 for two people for an hour and a half so about £17 ph which I feel is way too much but we inherited them when the mother in law moved in and she insists on having them
    How long do they do? see above
    How frequently? once a week or every few days once a week
    What do you get them to do and what do they leave? they just do a general tidy up, clean bathrooms, mop the floors, hoover, dust etc but if we want something specific down we tell them and they do it
    Do you ever tip them? we don't but the mother in law buys them a Xmas pressie
    Do you feel confident that they aren't rifling through your possessions?
    totally but them my mother in law has used them for about six years. initially I'd be careful until you feel you can trust them
  • Options
    £10 PH
    5 Hours per day three days a week. (We have three children!)
    General Cleaning, washing & Ironing. Cooking and shopping on request
    No Tips but Birthday and Xmas presents
    Never had a problem or worry with possessions
  • Options
    I just know that if we ever had a cleaner, my wife would spend the day before he/she came cleaning up to make sure it looked nice for the cleaner :-(
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I just know that if we ever had a cleaner, my wife would spend the day before he/she came cleaning up to make sure it looked nice for the cleaner :-(

That is exactly what happens with us. We employ someone we know for 4 hours at £10 per hour.

• Options
    Oakster said:

We just had that pain last week and weekend. I am now keen to make sure someone stays on top of it!

• Options
    My sister had her house ransacked while on holiday. Car stolen, the lot. Turned out to be friends of the cleaner (who should have known there were security camera's).
  • Options
    £10 per hour - 3 hrs cleaning and 1 hour ironing per week.

Totally trustworthy and have used her for about 4 years.

Box of chocolates at Xmas, no tips.

Wouldn't not have one and it keeps the wife focussed on the "important jobs"

;-O
  • Options
    first train spotting and now chars, golly aren't we becoming middle class
  • Options
    Charlton fans who have servants...put in a bid for the club please.
  • Options
    We use Molly maids. Come every other week and do the place top to bottom. Not sure how long they take as we're usually at work. Not sure exactly how much but think it's less than a oner a month.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brunello said:

£10 PH
    5 Hours per day three days a week. (We have three children!)
    General Cleaning, washing & Ironing. Cooking and shopping on request
    No Tips but Birthday and Xmas presents
    Never had a problem or worry with possessions

£600 pm on a cleaner !
  • Options
    http://www.nakedcleaners.co.uk/

Reckon these people are your answer.
  • Options

http://www.nakedcleaners.co.uk/

Reckon these people are your answer.

You would be more than a tad annoyed if you ordered fi and ended up with lena.

• Options
    A cleaner - Bloody hell I don't live in Downton Abbey !
  • Options
    That Lena is my cleaner.
    I don't know it, I'm a poet.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

ours is 30quid for 2 hours, and that is exactly what my missus does

shes a bit odd, scared of cats, I mean our kitten... and insists he's locked away, she broke a knife rack and glass jewellery box recently, latest is refusing to clean teenage daughters room it isn't that bad... always moaning, and takes more holiday than santa

• Options

A cleaner - Bloody hell I don't live in Downton Abbey !

Too right Beds , what is the going rate for a butler these days? :-0
  • Options
    A domestic cleaner ?? I thought that was what a wife/girlfriend is for ???

soon you'll be wanting to hire a cook or a hooker to do the other 2 tasks..........
  • Options
    so is that a cooking hooker or hooker cook?
  • Options
    in china i pay 4 pound an hour for 5 hours

once a fortnight

mops, irons, cleans.... occasionally does windows or washes dishes if i haven't had a chance to do them... have asked her to run a couple of loads through washing machine if i've had a busy work period

reliable... and trust her... buuuut.... came home early once and found a bloke on my sofa. dodgy!! assume she won't dare do it again, so dealt with it in a very chinese way and ignored it to save her face
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2013
    We both work long hours and travel a fair bit, so we decided to employ a cleaner at £10 an hour for 10 hours each week - usually 2 hours a day. She cleans, irons and walks the dog. 100% trustworthy - we have employed her for several years now and have never felt that she has 'nosed' around. She also checks the house whilst we are abroad. Usually buy her birthday/Christmas presents, but no tips. She is also the cleaner at my other half's office.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    How much are they charging you? - £10 an hour
    How long do they do? - 2 hours a week
    How frequently? once a week or every few days - once a week
    What do you get them to do and what do they leave? - she tidies everywhere, hoover's, dust's/polishes, cleans Kitchen and Bathroom and kids bedrooms, basically goes through the whole house (although we understand there's a limit to what she can do in 2 hours, she does a fantastic job)
    Do you ever tip them? - normally an extra £20 at christmas
    Do you feel confident that they aren't rifling through your possessions? - totally, she came recommended through a friend.
  • Options
    How much are they charging you? £12.00 ph
    How long do they do? 3 Hours
    How frequently? once a week or every few days Once a week
    What do you get them to do and what do they leave? Hoover & dust all the rooms, clean & polish the bathrooms.
    Do you ever tip them? Bottle of wine at Christmas
    Do you feel confident that they aren't rifling through your possessions? No, but if she wants to wear a pair of my boxers on her head whilst she is working she is welcome
  • Options
    I'm clearly not earning enough money. £150 a week to clean up your own mess?
  • Options

I'm clearly not earning enough money. £150 a week to clean up your own mess?

just make less mess ?!
  • Options
    If people have the disposable then good luck to them. Wages being circulated to people rather than some big international corp.

Bar the odd exception, its only what some other people spend on fags, or booze, or gambling.

Feel bad seeing my missus exhausted then having to start on the ironing about 9pm. If we were able to free up some time and effort then we definitely would.
  • Options

If people have the disposable then good luck to them. Wages being circulated to people rather than some big international corp.

Bar the odd exception, its only what some other people spend on fags, or booze, or gambling.

Feel bad seeing my missus exhausted then having to start on the ironing about 9pm. If we were able to free up some time and effort then we definitely would.

I'm surprised at the extent that some posters use them but otherwise feel the same really. Would love to be able to afford one myself.

That said I very much hope that all of the above is going through the books and there's no cash in hand going on though!!!
  • Options
    why dont you do the ironing smudge you lazy fecker
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2013
    He can't reach the board.

(Someone had to say it)