Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Bright bloke is Brand. Shame about his soppy haircut! ;o)
  • He's suprisingly insightful. Best when not trying to be funny.
  • Very bright and always found him amusing, but thought this made him look an absolute knob - "admin bods" will save the world!!!!
  • why is Paxman wasting his time with this arrogant poseur ?
  • Forget your prejudices - there is one central message beside all the laddy posing which is spot on - the current system is not working for the vast majority of the people. Only a politician or multi millionaire can deny that, surely? Whether your bug bear is "bloody foreigners" or "bloody tax avoiders" no one is happy with the status quo.
  • edited October 2013
    We're going to save the world maaaaannnnnnnn it will be revolution!

What are you going to do?

I don't know.
  • Everyone's obsessing over this 10 minute interview in which brand says very little except "poverty is bad, equality is good". He just butters it up with lots of fancy words (occasionally using them in the wrong context) and everyone looks all bright eyed and "oh isn't this really clever". I like the bloke's ramblings on things, but he just chatted the most obscene amount of shit for 10 minutes and you can see Paxman pretty much thought the same.

Populist media junkie is brand.
  • Or you could set aside your prejudices and listen to the central point he makes?
  • Or you could set aside your prejudices and listen to the central point he makes?

that the current system is unfair? Well done einstein Brand, no one's said that before. I went into watching the video thinking "oh, a paxman/brand interview, brand always talks a lot of sense" and came away thinking the guy is just an attention seeking, articulate turnip.
  • Sponsored links:

• So not going to set aside the prejudices then KA... LOL.

Oh well, we can't all be patronising bellends like you. Nice one for trying to derail a thread that could possibly turn out some interesting debate LOLOLOLOL

Oh well, we can't all be patronising bellends like you. Nice one for trying to derail a thread that could possibly turn out some interesting debate LOLOLOLOL
    Nice.

Nice.
    LOL
  • Nothing will change, because no-one actually cares. Sure people like to moan about how nothing is fair for them, but then they'll shuffle off to vote in a few years time for two parties that are exactly the same.

And to be honest, we're not that hard done by really. Poor people are looked after and businessmen have the capacity to start up and run successful companies.
  • Sounds like an undergrad ranting away at two in the morning after a few joints. Gawd save me.
  • Nothing will change, because no-one actually cares. Sure people like to moan about how nothing is fair for them, but then they'll shuffle off to vote in a few years time for two parties that are exactly the same.

And to be honest, we're not that hard done by really. Poor people are looked after and businessmen have the capacity to start up and run successful companies.

Exactly, the current system has hardly failed him has it. He seems to have a bigger problem with the US government than with ours

• Croydon said:

Nothing will change, because no-one actually cares. Sure people like to moan about how nothing is fair for them, but then they'll shuffle off to vote in a few years time for two parties that are exactly the same.

Exactly, the current system has hardly failed him has it. He seems to have a bigger problem with the US government than with ours

And steps are being taken towards saving the planet/Whales.

Sounds like an undergrad ranting away at two in the morning after a few joints. Gawd save me.

Summed up perfectly! Someone his age should either grow up or actually do something.

this is how I see it. This country is brilliant when it comes to political satire. When ever people arnt happy about what the government are doing whether through an injustice or through incompetence we usually moan and then laugh about it, calling those in charge a bunch of clowns.
    Few get angry enough about it to actually stand up and try to challenge the powers that be.

though brand offers little to explain how his revolution will come about and what will happen after it, he does however bring up a point that a fair few would agree upon. People want change, ANY kind of change because they are fed up and disillusioned with how things are.
    Should he be the leader of this revolution? I hope not.
  • Sounds like an undergrad ranting away at two in the morning after a few joints. Gawd save me.

Agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2013
    The amount of charlie that fellas had up his snout , i'be be disappointed if he didn't have one or two bright ideas , even if they're flawed.

Edit , i've just said the same thing as stilladdicted , but with different words.
  • Funny, I've never heard any undergrads speak such sense. We're so brainwashed into thinking that the current system is the only way to be and we have to put up with it that the second someone starts talking sense and comes up with some radical ideas they're rambling or a crackpot. Nothing will ever change because no one believes it to be possible.
  • Thought this was gonna be about Aftershave.
  • Not enough people vote the way I think they should so I'll boycott the system and say it doesn't represent me
  • blokes a knob

but he does have a point

but he is also a grade one knob so I cant bring myself to agree
  • Intelligent bloke. That said, one of the biggest low life scumbags on the planet.
  • He sleeps with beautiful women and did ridiculously large amounts of class A's. I like him.
  • I tried to put my prejudices aside but gave up at 2 mins

What an absolute tosser that bloke is, there isn't really much debate to be had about that

• edited October 2013

Unfortunately I have no opinion on the matter because I can only picture him kneading Katy Perry's soft luscious boobs whilst licking double cream off of her taught youthful nether regions!

Nope sorry, still thinking about the above... whats did the twat say?