Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cancer clear after 5 years

Comments

• Options
    Pleased for you there Tom.
  • Options
    Excellent news Tom, and others, happy for you all.
  • Options
    Great news mate
  • Options
    Awesome
  • Options
    Result.

Good luck Tom and everyone else fighting cancer
  • Options
    Bloomin' marvellous Tom! fantastic news.
  • Options
    Good news and good luck.
  • Options
    Congrats tom brilliant news enjoy thr game Sunday :)
  • Options
    Tom. Great news. Congratulations. :-)
  • Options
    BEST POST I have ever read on c life bar none. Like many others who have seen loved ones affected by this horrible illness, it is brilliant to see you kick the bastard out the park!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delighted to hear it Tom!
  • Options
    I'm really pleased for you mate,, understatement to say you have been through a bad time. I have known to many people who have not made it through cancer.

Put it behind you now and enjoy the life you have been given and don't waste any of it.
  • Options

Great news Tom.
  • Options
    Charlton Life forum at its best.
  • Options
    That's fantastic news Tom. Good luck mate.
  • Options
    Great news Tom, I can only imagine the great weight of of your shoulder when you got the news, I'll raise a silent glass to you in the Lib on Sunday.

Lincs & Lancs so made up for you two as well.
  • Options
    Tom - well done!

I am using this thread to share my experience with Cancer in the hope that it helps other people on here. Aged now 66, I was diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer 12 months ago and have just finished my treatment, the main part being a 7 week course of Radiotheraphy. I will understand the impact of my treatment in December, but I am highly optimistic that the treatment will be successful.

First key message is to seek medical advice if your peeing pattern increases, particularly at night. I did so and because it was identified early, my optimism for the future is bright. PLEASE seek early medical advice if you hace waterworks changes.

The method by which such issues are identified is via a blood test to identify PSA levels. Only one in ten of people with raised PSA levels are caused by Prostrate Cancer; the others are minor infections of areas such as bladder and can be treated effectively.

Don't be shy - see your doctor.

Hope this thread is helpful.
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more Peter and echo your sentiments wholeheartedly. Also, I wish you all the very best with your forthcoming prognosis and hope very much that your outcome is a positive one.

Thanks to everyone for their kind and sincere comments. It means a great deal. I will confess to having just crawled out of bed with a banging headache though after yesterdays celebrations got a little out of hand!! All it needs now is 3 points to make the perfect week!
  • Options
    Nice one, well done mate!
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

I went to see my Doc after feeling like shite for some time, ended up seeing a registrar chap who was standing in for him. Told me I had a chest infection and sent me away with antibiotics.

Next day I get a call from my actual GP who said he had seen me walk through the surgery and noticed how ill I looked. He came to my house that evening, checked me over and said I needed to go for a blood test asap. Went up the hospital and had that done almost immediately, and the next morning was diagnosed with acute myleod Leukaemia. All happened so quickly and I can't remember the following week whatsoever. Mates said I was just laying and staring.

That explains why I spent most of the time in Magaluf a few days earlier in the hotel room. As a 17 yr old on his first lads holiday that was truly gutting but obviously had no idea. Managed an all nighter in BCM with cancer though, not a lot of people can claim that!

All done and dusted now though. As Tom said, such a relief when you walk out of there. It's almost like a prison sentence.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My first thought was ' good luck to you son, but it's a private matter.' When I stopped to think I realised that there must be plenty of people reading your news who are enormously encouraged by it, well done.
  • Options
    JT said:

PeterGage said:

I went to see my Doc after feeling like shite for some time, ended up seeing a registrar chap who was standing in for him. Told me I had a chest infection and sent me away with antibiotics.

Next day I get a call from my actual GP who said he had seen me walk through the surgery and noticed how ill I looked. He came to my house that evening, checked me over and said I needed to go for a blood test asap. Went up the hospital and had that done almost immediately, and the next morning was diagnosed with acute myleod Leukaemia. All happened so quickly and I can't remember the following week whatsoever. Mates said I was just laying and staring.

That explains why I spent most of the time in Magaluf a few days earlier in the hotel room. As a 17 yr old on his first lads holiday that was truly gutting but obviously had no idea. Managed an all nighter in BCM with cancer though, not a lot of people can claim that!

All done and dusted now though. As Tom said, such a relief when you walk out of there. It's almost like a prison sentence.

haha quality mate.
  • Options
    That's a great story as well JT. Well done. :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Fantastic News, dont know many of you on here im afraid but best wishes to you! And Good luck to Lincs and any other sufferers also.
  • Options
    Great news tom hope the pint(s) went down well and congratulations!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Peter G , thank you for sharing your story , i think its important that more people who get this sort of stuff share and encourage other people , raising awareness is half of the battle , particularly for blokes , who lets be honest don't like to talk about this sort of stuff , and spotting stuff early is key , thanks again and good luck.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/150086.php
  • Options
    Great stuff. Good luck mate.
  • Options
    What a brilliant thread. Thanks to all who have shared their stories. As a woman who worked in Histopathology dealing with all the lumps and surgical specimens, it was always obvious that women will go and see their doctors much earlier than men and thus increase their life chances. Men do seem to want to ignore things and hope that they will go away. I so much hope that the stories will encourage you guys to seek medical help if you notice something amiss. Good luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Well done that man!!