Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cancer clear after 5 years

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant news, Tom and to all others concerned.

Mr F beat a malignant melanoma ( and lymph glands affected ) 20 years ago and touch wood, nothing scary since.

As others have stated, there must be few of us whose lives have not been touched by this disease.

To those still fighting this disease, you have all our best wishes .

Try to stay positive, KICK THE SH*T out of it and be another CL winner of the hardest battle you'll ever encounter !!!!!!

• Options
    Great news Tom. Have a beer for me. Maybe a shot too :)
  • Options
    Having lost my dad when he was 33, and many friends and relations since then - all to various cancers - it is great to hear the good news on here. Good luck to all who have fought it and won. Great to hear any type of good news on our forum, and even better when it affects our CL family members so profoundly.
  • Options
    #bestthreadever
  • Options
    brilliant - I don't know you but I am chuffed to bits for you. and enjoy every moment from now on!
  • Options
    Glad to hear this @addicktom - all the best to you mate, you are a winner!
  • Options
    Great news chuffed for you mate
  • Options
    Very, very happy for you mate. Also to hear about the all clear for Lancs' wife.

As the song goes, live, love, laugh and be happy.
  • Options
    Great news mate! Don't know you but really happy for you!
  • Options
    Wonderful news. Now get on with that bucket list....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Congratulations to @addicktom, also to @JT and @lancashire lad's wife. Good luck @Lincsaddick
  • Options
    All of charltonlife love a great result!
  • Options
    That is such good news Tom, massive congrats fella! I can't even begin to imagine how you feel right now. Have a right good beer tonight and make sure you have no recollection of it tomorrow.

Found out within the last couple of months that my wonderful mother in law has terminal cancer. An absolute bastard of a disease. Even more so in Sarah's case as she has been a Senior Sister at the Royal Marsden for years and has dedicated her life to the hospital since retiring. Why is it always the good guys that get affected eh?!

I'm nipping down the offy to grab a beer and will raise a glass to you sir.
  • Options
    Great news. Go enjoy Tom.
  • Options
    Out of interest @addicktom how old are you ?

Really pleased to hear about Lanc Lass, and keep fighting the fight Lincs.
  • Options
    You've defeated the odds, it is absolutely brilliant news for you. I have no idea who you are but I just feel very pleased for you, your family and friends.
  • Options
    Afka. I am 33 so was diagnosed at 28. Plenty more years of agonising over the addicks is ahead of me!!
  • Options
    That's really good news...chuffed for ya
  • Options
    Fantastic news. Really cheered me up so you must be going mental! Same age as me as well. But for the grace of god etc.
  • Options
    So young Tom !

I had some potentially troublesome tests come back all clear recently and was very relieved - how it must have felt to have beaten the fucker over 5 years is beyond me.

They will find a cure at some point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stuff Tom, don't know you but extremely pleased for you. I was diagnosed with skin cancer in June, not a great time at all.. Had a couple of ops and am now walking about with a tennis ball size hole in my back...fingers crossed they got it out, no way of knowing, other than it not coming back. Always good to hear when someone beats it. Nice one :-)
  • Options
  • Options
    I cried too...brilliant news.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Don't know you Tom, but after a shit day, its great to hear some bloody good news. Have a pint on me.
  • Options
    Made my day, this has! Great great post.
  • Options
    Excellent news. Enjoy your pint.
  • Options
    Great news Tom, have lost family over the years to the big C, the treatment they use to fight the curse has come a long way over the years. Hopefully they will find a cure for all the different traces of this evil disease.
  • Options
    Brilliant news mate.
  • Options
    Very good news. Enjoy the bevvies and best of luck for the future
  • Options
    great to hear