Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best post PL relegation Charlton games (2007-13)

Comments

• Carlisle away then the big wins at Barnsley and Peterborough for me.
  • The Cardiff game at the Valley almost a year ago is the one for me. Don't forget that Cardiff went 2 up and scored two more goals in the 90th minute to put our hearts in our mouths. However, in between we rattled in 5 and, what turned out to be the winner was scored by Rob Hulse. Best game I've seen since the Wembley play off final.
  • The 1-0 win at Hillsborough with JJ's sublime free kick and the 6-0 trouncing at Barnsley for me.
  • edited October 2013
    Carlise, bournemouth, hartlepool 2012.

Sheff utd 2011
    Barnsley 2013

powell finale

Cardiff at home 2012

Chris powell and this team have gave as memories we won't really appreciate for a few years.

Legendary games in the making.
  • Sheff Utd 2011 one of my favourite ever days, watched England beat Scotland at rugby in boozer opposite St Pancras, cards and more beer on way up, drank in a cracking pub in Sheffield 'Fannys' full of friendly Utd fans (two of our group of four had colours on), great performance, great support. More beer before a 7ish train home when we had a laugh with Jim Davidson on way back
  • Surprised the 1-0 win at Palace in 2007 hasn't been mentioned much. Our support was immense from start to finish. Haven't celebrated a goal as much as when Todorov prodded home. Carnage!
  • Leeds 1-0 game was quality atmosphere but the game with the best football for me was the 1-0 defeat at home to norwich when they become champions we were superb that day

That Norwich game was one of my favourite in recent years. We played so well against a top side and made them look very ordinary.
  • Simonsen said:

Leeds 1-0 game was quality atmosphere but the game with the best football for me was the 1-0 defeat at home to norwich when they become champions we were superb that day

That Norwich game was one of my favourite in recent years. We played so well against a top side and made them look very ordinary.
    We totally battered them, they scored from a corner that was pretty much their only chance on goal. We did everything but score.
  • lets just agree that on a happiness scale, last 3 years have been pretty good, eh. who knows thsi season could have alot left in it yet
  • our 1-0 at Hillsborough will always be special. Cheers johnnie for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• I also remember Benno scoring a last minute winner at Carlisle. We'd been 3-0 up and they'd come back to 3-3. We then broke their hearts in injury time winning 4-3.
  • think the 3-2 at home to hartlepool for obvious reasons,was just a generally great day.
  • Oldham 0 - 1 Charlton in our promotion season a couple seasons ago purely because we were down to ten men after like the 30th minute (Danny Hollands got sent off) and then Kermogant scored a header from a beautifully whipped in ball by Wiggins and we held out for the win, Big Yann collapsed at the final whistle after he'd ran his beautiful French legs off for us. That was when I was really like 'we're gunna win the league this season' and the atmosphere was amazing
  • Don`t forget Waggy was sent off in that game too!
  • Powell's first game in charge.
  • Palace away 0-1 2007
    Sheff Wed home 3-2 2007
    Orient away 1-2 2009
    Yeovil away 1-1 2009
    Carlise away 3-4 2010
    Peterborough away 1-5 2010
    Notts County 1-2 2011
    Sheff Utd away 0-2 2011
    Hudds home 2-0 2011
    Barnsley away 0-6 2013

These are ones I attended that stick out!

• Llera's late lob vs Swindon is one of my all time favourite moment ever.

There was a week in 2010 when we won convincingly back to back away at Swindon and Posh. We were terrific in both games (Benno in particular) and it was the first time I'd seen us win away since Curbs left, that was a great week.
  • Sheffield United at home, I knew we were going up after that!
  • Charlton 2 - 2 Swindon - 2010

Llera's lob at the end made me go wild, how we ever got anything out of that with 9 men I'll never know.

I hate to admit it, but I was in the car on my way home from the game, when I heard about Llera scoring on the radio. I thought there was zero chance of that happening! It wasn't a great performance, but I did enjoy the 1-0 at Bournemouth for the whole weekend - and a late goal from Yann that was just over the line and against the run of play!
  • 1, Finally seeing us clinch promotion at Carlisle (missed all the previous times).
    2, Being able to say "I was there" for our all-time biggest ever away win. In 20 years time the away attendance at Oakwell will have grown to about 5000 if the 7-6 v Huddersfield is anything to go by.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2013

".......... Being able to say "I was there" for our all-time biggest ever away win. In 20 years time the away attendance at Oakwell will have grown to about 5000 if the 7-6 v Huddersfield is anything to go by.

Quite possibly but most of them won't be able to produce the ticket stub like I will (if still around) :0)
  • They will if I sell them mine RC ;-)
  • They will if I sell them mine RC ;-)

Go for it mate and let me know how much you get, everyone has their price :0)
  • Another vote for nine men getting a point v Swindon at the Valley in 2010. Enjoyed that at least as much as any of the wins.
  • Leicester away last season, fantastic winning goal with his first touch from Danny Haynes. The previously mentioned 9 men at Oldham game the consecutive weekend Sheffield games, Blackpool and Ipswich away last season too
  • A few new ones to add....

Charlton 1-0 QPR March 2014 Great Jacko winner at the death
    Blackpool 0-3 Charlton May 2014 Fantastic win to end a poor season
    Norwich 0-1 Charlton Sept 2014 Classic smash and grab away performance
    Charlton 3-0 Brentford Feb 2015 A first win in 3 months against a high flying Brentford side
    Charlton 3-0 Huddersfield Feb 2015 The best football for a fiver game so far, we were all nervous about Powells return as it seemed to have a hudds win written all over it. Tony Watt put our minds at ease...
  • Didn't we beat MK Dons 4-1 at home 1st season in L1.
  • edited April 2015
    Kap10 said:

Didn't we beat MK Dons 4-1 at home 1st season in L1.

5-1. We were excellent that day! That was the game after the Northwich debacle. We had a point to prove. I remember Mooney had a stormer
  • edited April 2015
    Yeovil away, standing in the rain.
  • edited April 2015
    Last Friday

Jacko in the 93rd minute v QPR