Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best post PL relegation Charlton games (2007-13)

A few that stick in my memory:

Charlton 3-2 Sheff Weds Aug 2007 (great comeback win from 2 nil, gave hope for a quick return to the prem)
Southampton 0-1 Charlton Nov 2007 (Iwelumo grabbing a 90th minute winner)
Charlton 4-1 Norwich May 2009 (Burton with a hat-trick. We were already relegated to L1 but this win dragged Naaarwich down with us)
Charlton 1-0 Leeds May 2010 (Late winner from Akpo Sodje, kept us in the promotion hunt)
Charlton 2-0 Huddersfield Nov 2011 (Too many to mention from this season. Breaking Hudders unbeaten record was great though)
Charlton 5-4 Cardiff Nov 2012
Charlton 3-2 Bolton Mar 2013
Wolves and Leeds at home April 2013

Comments

• Some good ones there but loved the New Years victory at a scummy Watford and their cheating and diving mercenaries! Hope that''s not too un PC ;-))
  • edited October 2013
    11/12
    Sheff Utd A 2-0
    Sheff Wed A 1-0
    Carlisle A 1-0
    12/13
    Cardiff H 4-3
    Barnsley A 6-0

• Doncaster H 1a3
    Now that was funny
  • Charlton 2 - 2 Swindon - 2010

Llera's lob at the end made me go wild, how we ever got anything out of that with 9 men I'll never know.
  • ^was gonna say this one
  • Peterboro away 2010
  • My favs were the Swindon 2-2, Sheff wed 3-2 and Cardiff 5-4. Also a game against Carlisle in league 1 which for the first half we were absolutely on fire and Damny Green terrorised them. Second half was a damp Squib so it doesn't quite make the list.
  • Leeds 1-0 game was quality atmosphere but the game with the best football for me was the 1-0 defeat at home to norwich when they become champions we were superb that day
  • 5-1 against mk dons.
  • Seen relatively few live (or live on TV) since that time. Those I enjoyed a lot:

2-0 v Palace (Luke Varney brace)
    2-1 Brentford. JonJo Shelvey running the game. I deluded myself we were going to pass our way out of that division
    3-2 Yeovil, Danny Green winner, going there on the coach with my brother

but my personal favourite is indeed Watford away as Jonny K cited. An awayday at its best.

• Sponsored links:

• 1-0 Carlisle... When we won promotion from League One
    1-1 Yeovil... In that rain
    5-4 Cardiff / 3-2 Bolton... two great comebacks
    1-1 Nottingham Forest... this season (really enjoyed the effort)
    2-0 Huddersfield... When we stopped their unbeaten run
    1-0 Sheff Wed / United... Couldnt believe the two Jacko free-kicks
  • Southend away 2-1

All the times we have beaten Palace
  • Southend away 2-1

Loved that 2-1 win @ Southend, hadnt seen us win away from home in seven years (since the 1-0 win @ Anfield) and to score in the last minute... Just Brilliant!!
  • The 5-2 win over Preston springs to mind, the 3-0 over Hudders ending their 7000 game unbeaten run. Another fave was the 4-2 win over reading, really thought we would kick on, instead that was as good as it got!
  • 4-1 vs Coventry in May 2008. SCP coming on with 5 mins left and scoring and then being held aloft by the team. Magical
  • The 6-0 at Oakwell is something I'll never forget.
  • Another game I did enjoy was Lee Hughes' humiliating return to The Valley with Notts County. Anyinsah winner.
  • The 4-2 win at home to Reading in August 2008.

Got me genuinely excited that we were going to push for promotion...oops.
  • mpcafc said:

4-1 vs Coventry in May 2008. SCP coming on with 5 mins left and scoring and then being held aloft by the team. Magical

Maybe not the full 90, but SCP's finale brought out a different set of emotions that even Wembley 98, despite being overall more memorable and important, didn't match.
  • Southend away
  • Sponsored links:

• 2007/08 was a strange season and a real curate's egg. Though we were ultimately very disappointing, we played some terrific football at times.

Probably the stand out for me was the 2-0 win against Palace. Palace had been on a good run, but as Neil Warnock himself admitted we absolutely battered them in front of an almost full house.

Zheng Zhi and Majid Bougherra were outstanding whilst the hard working and likeable Luke Varney grabbed both goals.

I don't think we've been near this level since. Not yet anyway.
  • Oldham away in 2011 with 9 men was pretty good. The day we knew our players would not let promotion slip.
  • I really enjoyed Burnley away last year. Cardiff at home last year was pretty special. Wycombe at home 2011/12. Norwich at home 2008/9. MK Dons at Home 2009/10
  • Oldham away in 2011 with 9 men was pretty good. The day we knew our players would not let promotion slip.

this, but it was in 2012
  • edited October 2013

Oldham away in 2011 with 9 men was pretty good. The day we knew our players would not let promotion slip.

this, but it was in 2012
    Agreed, seemed like us against the rest of the world that day and the rest of the world lost, fitting that Yann got the winner:0) Not forgetting those already mentioned away games at Watford 4-3 Barnsley 6-0.

Edit: Remiss of me not to mention Cardiff at home and promotion at Carlisle to put the nightmare years behind us.......oh hang on a minute, nah fingers crossed it all works out fine :-)
  • i was at barnsley and sheff utd away games and even thoug we won 6-0 against barnsley at sheff utd it was incredible. first half we were infront of the goal we defneded and utd pretty much staked out in our half. i remember never seeing my dad go so mad when we scored the goals. best game i have ever been too, ever. i will go to one away game this season, im picking the right one
  • The Coventry game at the end of 2008. The first time I had the pleasure of watching Jonjo Shelvey play. He tore Cov a new one that day.
  • 1-0 win at Hillsborough. "He ain't got a clue, he ain't got a clue. Miguel Llera......"
  • 1-0s away to Palace when Todorov scored and at home when Spring scored to end four months without a win.

2-0 win at home to Plymouth in our second season in League 1, our new manager took charge of his first game, happy day.
  • Palace away 0-1 2007
    Sheff Wed home 3-2 2007
    Orient away 1-2 2009
    Yeovil away 1-1 2009
    Carlise away 3-4 2010
    Notts County 1-2 2011
    Sheff Utd away 0-2 2011
    Hudds home 2-0 2011

These are ones I attended that stick out!