Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nutty things you do when there is no one else around (non-sexual)

Comments

• Always drive over the black bits of zebra crossings.

Always try and overtake and get back into lane one without driving over a cat's eye.
  • JT said:

I do like a good pedestrian race

I do that. I had a classic race the other week with some bloke who was none the wiser. I never caught him. It wasn't you JT was it! ( it was for the Maidstone Wheatsheaf to Morrisons World Title Walk )
    I also sometimes do a surprised "Hi" to myself if I pass a mirror and there's no one about.
  • Far too many to mention or admit to..................
  • Make random noises or jump about like a monkey, sing stupid songs like Barbie Girl and Jack and Jill in as deep an opera voice as I can, pick stuff up off the floor with my toes, practice my free kick technique and try to throw tea bags into cups from as far away as possible, often through the legs or behind the back
  • If the gf goes to bed early I tell the dog a bedtime story.
  • In the car do beep and wave. Toot the horn and wave at a random person and they invariably wave back thinking they must know you.
  • Addickted said:

Always try and overtake and get back into lane one without driving over a cat's eye.

I do that as well.

Always try to throw balled-up paper into waste-paper basket from as far away as possible for a 3-pointer, basketball stylee!

• Saga Lout said:

I also say "bridge" when I get into lifts, but I don't have to be alone for that. ;-)

That one made me giggle.

• WSS said:

See how far I can walk down the road with my eyes closed

In the car, line up a mark on the windscreen with a car in the distance and take it out with machine gun fire

Yep
  • WSS said:

Bloody hell - I do this as well! I also walk round my flat with my eyes shut trying to walk from room to room without bumping into anything.
    Me too. I once fell into a hedge in front of an attractive woman.
  • Sponsored links:

• I nod my head at lampposts when walking, and when driving I slap my right hand on the steering wheel if there's a gap all the way between the traffic and two lampposts
  • Was it her hedge.
  • Stand at distance in the kitchen and throw my tea bag into the mug, cant have a tea until it goes in. Sometimes been there for 20 minutes then just given up haha
  • robroy said:

Stand at distance in the kitchen and throw my tea bag into the mug, cant have a tea until it goes in. Sometimes been there for 20 minutes then just given up haha

That may have crossed the line from 'nutty' to 'OCD'. :)

• McBobbin said:

I nod my head at lampposts when walking, and when driving I slap my right hand on the steering wheel if there's a gap all the way between the traffic and two lampposts

The brain's way of inventing games to keep itself alert whilst performing boring tasks like driving.

• Rizzo said:

robroy said:

Stand at distance in the kitchen and throw my tea bag into the mug, cant have a tea until it goes in. Sometimes been there for 20 minutes then just given up haha

That may have crossed the line from 'nutty' to 'OCD'. :)

20 minutes was probably exaggerated haha.
  • Another beatboxer here. Pretty bloody good at it now - after about 20 years of practice.

Another slightly odd thing I do is sing along to songs, but one line ahead. God knows why I do that.

I've mastered Daniel Bedingfields, 'Gotta get through this'. I can now do the beat and the tune at the same time. Honestly, I think my talents are wasted here.
  • I still can't do the Charleston, and as the kitchen floor is quite slippy, I practise The Lambeth Walk rather more often than I care to admit.
  • @GlassHalfEmpty watches Geordie Shore when no one is around. I caught him out the other day as he left it downloaded on the Sky Planner.
  • I like to try and film people singing whilst they are in their car, buliding up a compilation video to go viral on youtube...
  • Sponsored links:

• fattmatt said:

WSS said:

Bloody hell - I do this as well! I also walk round my flat with my eyes shut trying to walk from room to room without bumping into anything.
    Me too. I once fell into a hedge in front of an attractive woman.
    That's a serious amount of pubic hair.

• Wee in the garden
  • Nicholas said:

Wee in the garden

Yep me too, but it's not overlooked. Have also used the kitchen sink which really annoyed the gf as she was doing the washing up at the time.

• Plaaayer said:

Another beatboxer here. Pretty bloody good at it now - after about 20 years of practice.

Another slightly odd thing I do is sing along to songs, but one line ahead. God knows why I do that.

I've mastered Daniel Bedingfields, 'Gotta get through this'. I can now do the beat and the tune at the same time. Honestly, I think my talents are wasted here.

we need a video like the Obika version mate you need to upload one

• Nicholas said:

Wee in the garden

done this one if I can't be arsed to go upstairs, even though it's actually just as far to walk and open the back door!
  • Plaaayer said:

@GlassHalfEmpty watches Geordie Shore when no one is around. I caught him out the other day as he left it downloaded on the Sky Planner.

this is my guilty pleasure too.....along with The Magaluf Weekender
  • In depth interview with myself after a FM session..............
  • In depth interview with myself after a FM session..............

haha quality
  • A good few years back I had a job temping in a stockroom. Absolutely no one came to get anything ever and all I had on my "desk" was a load of marker pens and for some reason some huge elastic bands.
    I managed to come up with a game whereby the pens were stacked along a wall and I had to knock them over by pinging the elastic bands at them.
    Then it started to get serious.
    It became the World Championship Pinging Elastic Bands At Marker Pens. I was a contender for the title. I even began to look forward to going into work as the plucky British Hope.
    The only problem was I set the benchmark too high and the best I ever managed was second place! In my own game :-)
    I also had a job selling houses from a show home and no one ever turned up to see that either. I tried to reprise the game again but couldn't find enough marker pens or big elastic bands. And it was never quite the same anyway. In the end I learned to juggle using tippex bottles instead.
    My contribution to this country's GDP has generally been quite small ;-)
  • 3blokes said:

A good few years back I had a job temping in a stockroom. Absolutely no one came to get anything ever and all I had on my "desk" was a load of marker pens and for some reason some huge elastic bands.
    I managed to come up with a game whereby the pens were stacked along a wall and I had to knock them over by pinging the elastic bands at them.
    Then it started to get serious.
    It became the World Championship Pinging Elastic Bands At Marker Pens. I was a contender for the title. I even began to look forward to going into work as the plucky British Hope.
    The only problem was I set the benchmark too high and the best I ever managed was second place! In my own game :-)
    I also had a job selling houses from a show home and no one ever turned up to see that either. I tried to reprise the game again but couldn't find enough marker pens or big elastic bands. And it was never quite the same anyway. In the end I learned to juggle using tippex bottles instead.
    My contribution to this country's GDP has generally been quite small ;-)

This sounds awesome! Just out of interest @3blokes what are you up to these days?