Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Blackpool | Sat 5th Oct 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    Bringing a guest to their first ever Charlton match, indeed their first ever game of football tomorrow. Really hope it is a good experience and we gain a convert.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Simonsen -

The Diamond was used by CP to match-up with Forest, who use that system most weeks. It wasn't a system chosen to win the game, it was more a case of stopping them taking control of the game. You have to pay attention to how the opposition line-up, unless you are strong enough to pick whatever system you want to use, like a Barcelona or Real Madrid, without worrying what the opposition do. We don't have the players to do that, as reflected by our league position.

I believe Blackpool use an orthodox 4-4-2. CP has the choice to match-up again and trust our players to win their individual battles, or choose a system to exploit their weaknesses based on the Chief Scout's report from their Tuesday game. A key decision will be on how we are going to stop Tom Ince having an influence on the game ( if he's playing).

I liked our midfield blend on Tues....we didn't have a central midfielder stuck out wide or have a lightweight winger who doesn't cover his full-back. A lot of the pre-match talk was of how good Forest were going to be but we were every bit as good. There's some good teams in this league but none that should be feared....especially at home.
  • Options
    3-1 for me - and a performance to go with it
  • Options
    Sadly 0-2 (People quickly forget that our home form is shocking. ;-(
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Bringing a guest to their first ever Charlton match, indeed their first ever game of football tomorrow. Really hope it is a good experience and we gain a convert.

About to say the same...
  • Options
    2-0 us
  • Options
    Taking Jayden with me Tomorrow As he asked to come along again! Pretty convinced after tomorrow he will be a converted fan and another regular down the Valley.

Prediction close game ending 2-2
  • Options
    mixed responses from there fans. One bloke thinks we are utter shit. Think he will be in for a surprise
    or two. I think this will be a draw

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-13992.html#.UlC0ulOndTA
  • Options
    2 0 to Charlton!
  • Options
    I will be out and outta touch all afternoon/early evening .. soooooooo .. COME ON YOU ADDICKS and let's have a win for a change .. all you need is the confidence
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Blackpool could be the perfect opposition for us to play against. We play better when teams come at us at The Valley, and play poorly against the teams that come and sit back. Blackpool will come to attack but I don't think their a good enough team to do that successfully. We shall see, I'll stick with a 2-1.

Sordell
    Cousins

Fuller
  • Options
    0-2, Ince to score first.
  • Options
    Not sure why everyone is so confident, we don't score enough. 1-1
  • Options
    seth plum said:

When I took a friend's son along to his first game we went 0-3 down at half-time at home to Barnsley, 2 weeks later Pardew was gone. He's an Arsenal fan now.

• Options

seth plum said:

When I took a friend's son along to his first game we went 0-3 down at half-time at home to Barnsley, 2 weeks later Pardew was gone. He's an Arsenal fan now.

When I took a friend to his first ever match, we were lodging at Parkhurst Cell and were soon 0-3 down to Millwall. We came back to draw 3-3, and for his sins Chris has been a Charlton fan ever since.

• Options

mixed responses from there fans. One bloke thinks we are utter shit. Think he will be in for a surprise
    or two. I think this will be a draw

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-13992.html#.UlC0ulOndTA

They obviously watched us on TV against Millwall