Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Blackpool | Sat 5th Oct 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We were unlucky not to beat forest but we can't forget that we didn't. This was mostly because we find it hard to put the ball in the net. This means that every game is a challenge! I think there are 2 changes that should be made if they can be made - Firstly Yann must come back if fit and secondly Gower is just an extra pass in thi steam - He doesn't pose a goal threat and lays every ball off simply and rarely plays a killer pass! He is getting on so can't put himself about the pitch - it should be a no brainer that any of JJ, Pritchard or Hughes can and should replace him. Stephens was a bit of a revelation for me against Forest and Cousins needs a run - will probably end the season regarded as our best player.

What concerns me is that Blackpool will set up like Millwall, so we need energy in the middle and Harriot in the side so that we press them. Despite their current position they are on the list of teams that will come for a point and hope for 3 rather than come for the 3!
  • Options
    3-2 cousins mom
  • Options
    3-1
  • Options
    our first home game and first time in the east stand, do we need our thermos and rugs to gain entry?
    CP says it will be the same 18 so expect unchanged but maybe a different system.
    As Fuller is bound to score then 2-1 to us.
  • Options
    If Yann is fit, I would hope he replaces Church and not Sordell
  • Options
    Would get a win with kermit fit but without him probably a draw, that's the most likely result
  • Options
    why is cousins mom gona play
  • Options

why is cousins mom gona play

This is her type of game.

• Options
    2-1, addicks continue where they left off on Tuesday......match thread from 2 pm.............COYR's
  • Options
    I have a positive feeling about this game.Hopefully it'll be the one where we end our recent winless run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic 1-0 Blackpool
    Sordell 68'
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It would be nice to think we could improve on Tues night's decent performance and get all three pts. But as we haven't scored more than a single goal in any of the last six games, I think that means we'd have to keep a clean sheet and do it 1-0.

Not confident of the clean sheet as we haven't managed one all season, so another 1-1.
  • Options
    Sounds like neither Kermogant or Johnnie Jackson will be fit for Saturday - but if Powell wants to get the crowd going he might want to suggest they take a little stroll in front of the Covered End before the game and at half time.
  • Options
    we will win by 3 goals to 2
  • Options
    Given our injury situation I'll be happy to avoid defeat in this match.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

we will win by 3 goals to 2
    Hope so, just backed that score 33/1 also Morrison 1st g/s 40/1

• Options
    2-1 victory - cousins and harriot have blinders and Stewart comes on and wins it in the last 10 and declares it's his dream to sign for us - future starts to look bright
  • Options
    1 - 1
  • Options

2-1 victory - cousins and harriot have blinders and Stewart comes on and wins it in the last 10 and declares it's his dream to sign for us - future starts to look bright

I think a win tomorrow could really be a turning point. If we can get confidence installed into players like Cousins, Harriott, Stewart and even Stephens then i honestly think we can really push on.
  • Options
    On Tuesday night far too many balls were played direct to Church and Sordell and often they were too high, probably on the assumption that they play like Kermogant. If we can correct this and start playing more ball into the channels for them then I expect an easy victory.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-2
  • Options
    A clean sheet is due I think. 2-0 Addicks. COYR!!
  • Options
    Why not stay with the diamond? On Tue it meant Stephens played further up the pitch and wasn't back playing keep ball with our centre backs. Cousins did a brilliant job protecting the back four but still found time to get forward. The system also encouraged Wilson and Wiggins to get forward without being blocked by their own winger. Harriott did the donkey work well and tracked his man to good effect but looked very one footed when we attacked. Jackson could play at the tip of the diamond or on the left. I can't see 442 working too well unless we take a chance by playing both wingers. Stay with the diamond and let Blackpool worry about us.
  • Options
    http://nathanmuller87.wordpress.com/2013/10/04/charlton-vs-blackpool/#pd_a_7449714

Another preview, if anyone wishes to read? Poll also...? Thanks
  • Options
    sm said:

On Tuesday night far too many balls were played direct to Church and Sordell and often they were too high, probably on the assumption that they play like Kermogant. If we can correct this and start playing more ball into the channels for them then I expect an easy victory.

I agree. Until CP probably gave them a rollicking at HT. The 2nd half we were playing with more enthusiasm. The 1st half we looked lethargic, and not very creative at all. Gave too much respect to Forest.

• Options
    When you play so well like they did on Tuesday and still do not get the win then you have to be a bit wary of the next match. A lot of fans are more positive of getting the win, myself included, which is worrying. Therefore I reckon 1-0 to them, Fuller to score the only goal.
  • Options
    Some goals from recent years against Blackpool: http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/category/clubs/blackpool/

(I say some, there's just Chrissy Solly's and a Darren Ambrose goal from when we got spanked 5-2 at Bloomfield Road)
  • Options
    Simonsen -

The Diamond was used by CP to match-up with Forest, who use that system most weeks. It wasn't a system chosen to win the game, it was more a case of stopping them taking control of the game. You have to pay attention to how the opposition line-up, unless you are strong enough to pick whatever system you want to use, like a Barcelona or Real Madrid, without worrying what the opposition do. We don't have the players to do that, as reflected by our league position.

I believe Blackpool use an orthodox 4-4-2. CP has the choice to match-up again and trust our players to win their individual battles, or choose a system to exploit their weaknesses based on the Chief Scout's report from their Tuesday game. A key decision will be on how we are going to stop Tom Ince having an influence on the game ( if he's playing).

• Options
    edited October 2013
    CAFC 2 v Blackpool 0 ..... unchanged from Tuesday no matter what 'club legends' have recovered from recent injury

Tangerine Barry Ferguson is out with a broken ankle .. Ryan Gosling has signed for them on loan from Newcastle where he has been a damp squib/non starter for a couple of years
  • Options
    2-0 here to, expecting a late nerve calming second goal.