Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Going Erith Town tonight as they've got Holmesdale, who my nephew plays for.
  • Options

The National League promotion final at Wembley has been moved to Sunday, 5 May because of strike action on the Tube.

The non-league showpiece was originally due to be played at the national stadium the day before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68667198

• Options

Don't forget a player's comp.
  • Options
    Starting tomorrow night, Truro have to play 12 games in 26 days.

The good news for them is that 10 of them are at home. The bad news is that 'home' is a 400 mile round-trip at Gloucester City.

Taunton have got a sizeable backlog as well, with tonight's game called off, they're 3 or 4 games behind everyone else other than Truro.

Massive game tomorrow as Truro play Dartford. I imagine Gloucester's stadium will be very quiet...
    0-0. Not enough for Dartford really 
  • Options

Don't forget a player's comp.
    £8 please
  • Options
    Interested to know how Erith Town are affording to pay for Harrison Carnegie and the other lad they’ve just signed from Ashford.
  • Options
    dev said:

For anyone down this way today. 2nd v 1st in the league. Expecting a crowd of over 1,000. Standing and drinking on the terraces.
    What's not to like!
     I could give you a long list of what's not to like....
    elaborate
  • Options
    Harrison won't be on a lot now maybe 8 years ago
  • Options
    Interested to know how Erith Town are affording to pay for Harrison Carnegie and the other lad they’ve just signed from Ashford.

The Chair is loaded.
  • Options
    edited March 27
    He’s still come down two leagues for a side that average about 100 at home. 

I heard Stefan Payne at Faversham is on £800 a game plus £100 a goal. Ridiculous money for that level of true. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He ain’t worth that
  • Options
    He’s still come down two leagues for a side that average about 100 at home. 

I heard Stefan Payne at Faversham is on £800 a game plus £100 a goal. Ridiculous money for that level of true. 
    Came from another Step 5 club 
  • Options
    Haven't signed anyone from Ashford. 
  • Options
    edited March 27
    dev said:
    Bradley Ryan was playing for Ashford not long ago. If you ain’t paying him much then you’ve had a touch cos he’s the best player there by a mile.
  • Options
    dev said:
    dev said:
    Bradley Ryan was playing for Ashford not long ago. If you ain’t paying him much then you’ve had a touch cos he’s the best player there by a mile.
    Apols you are right. What we offer a lot of younger players is a chance to get game time and get their careers back on track in a positive environment, whilst helping us out in the meantime. 

Our reputation for looking after people has got out there and is also why we attract some good talented people on and off the pitch.

Too many have focused on the money element and have forgotten to build a club.

Also we scout heavily and we also know what kind of character traits we are looking for.

Saying all this we haven't won anything yet, but it isn't through a lack of hard work.

You've been doing it for a year or so, right? Has it gone as you expected? 
  • Options
    Doing it since 2017 (seems a lot longer) after I had a fall out with the lovely Belgians. It's 24/7 owning a club at this level and it's very very time consuming. The club is now very strong throughout all elements....just throwing money at it is not the answer, but it does help!
  • Options
    Didn't Worcester a few years back have to play 8 games in 7 days. If i am correct they played 2 games on the last day. But weren't allowed to kick off at the same time. If my memory serves me right one kicked off at 2 and the other at 4. 

The second match they sent their youth team who duly got hammered.
  • Options
    dev said:
    Doing it since 2017 (seems a lot longer) after I had a fall out with the lovely Belgians. It's 24/7 owning a club at this level and it's very very time consuming. The club is now very strong throughout all elements....just throwing money at it is not the answer, but it does help!
    As good a reason as any to do your own thing! There is way, way more to it than money which seems obvious but was still surprising to me quite how important it is to find other ways to make stuff work. There are plenty of clubs with cash who are going in the wrong direction. I spent some time at Corinthian Casuals and they have almost no budget at all, but like you, find ways to attract players without waving cash at them! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like Havant will be relegated on Monday with a defeat , Eastbourne losing 5-1 at Maidstone with 9 men. It's an awkward one to judge with all the games in hand Truro and Taunton have on everyone else. 
  • Options
    Another win for the wings, 1 0 at home to Dover. Dartford hammered 4 1 at Chelmsford and still deep in the shit.
    I think Welling are effectively safe now, a great effort.

It'll need a miracle for Dartford to survive now, and if they do it'll be because the likes of Eastbourne and Taunton are even worse 
  • Options
    Another win for the wings, 1 0 at home to Dover. Dartford hammered 4 1 at Chelmsford and still deep in the shit.
    I think Welling are effectively safe now, a great effort.

It'll need a miracle for Dartford to survive now, and if they do it'll be because the likes of Eastbourne and Taunton are even worse 
    It's definitely not over for Dartford yet but they do probably need to win their next two games.

Eastbourne (22nd place) at home.
    Havant (23rd place) away.

Also on the last day they play Truro at home, who assuming they are safe will probably be absolutely knackered and send their kids.

If they can get 9 points from those then they have a chance.
  • Options
    It’s astounding. I truly thought in January that the season was over for Welling.  
  • Options
    edited March 29
    stonemuse said:
    It’s astounding. I truly thought in January that the season was over for Welling.  
    It really is, almost felt inevitable and the culmination of several poor recent seasons. Welling being my second team after Charlton it's been great to see. Hopefully they can kick on from this and become play off contenders again. 
  • Options
    Spent a few quid on the bar and adjoining marquee. Very pleasant. 
    Good crowd stayed on for the MoM presentations.
    Not the greatest of games, but there current manager can certainly read a game well and change it when required.
    Shame they lost their on loan forward (Sonny Fish - from Crawley) to Gateshead yesterday. It certainly had an effect on the side.
    Gone to Gateshead, not even on the bench. Must have been a few pounds involved for this move.
    My guess is that he isn't cup tied (FA Trophy)
    Gateshead are certainly throwing some money about.
    That is two players they have taken from Welling this season (Cain Adom).
  • Options
    You know what's going to happen. Dartford finish in the bottom four, Taunton go into administration, up pop Dartford.
  • Options
    Well done Dev, delighted for you mate 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    dev said:
    As good a reason as any to do your own thing! There is way, way more to it than money which seems obvious but was still surprising to me quite how important it is to find other ways to make stuff work. There are plenty of clubs with cash who are going in the wrong direction. I spent some time at Corinthian Casuals and they have almost no budget at all, but like you, find ways to attract players without waving cash at them! 

Am surprised to see Casuals struggling at the bottom of step 4 now , I know obviously they do things differently but whenever I saw them with Worthing they were always an awkward side to play against and quite often had a few loanees from AFC Wimbledon dotted in their side.