Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    R0TW said:
    Looks like an excellent point away for Welling tonight, 1-1 at in-form 4th placed Hampton and Richmond. Welling won the corner count 15-2 according to stats
    Welling should have been home and hosed after that first 45.
    Just a split second of jittery play gave them an equaliser.
    Problem with corners is that they need to be worked on/practiced.
    When you only have two mornings (sometimes one) for training sessions, these have correctly fallen down Wellings priority list. But yes, a lot of corners with unfortunately, no end product.
    Second half pretty even.
    Lovely ground Hampton.
    £17 for an adult + under 18 was good value.
    Might buy a house over there. Maybe a detached riverfront property……
    I saw Hampton beat Dartford in the autumn, Proper non league ground that, and you can drink while watching too which is a bonus. Near Bushy Park too (which pips Danson I'm afraid :) )
  • Options
    In recent weeks Welling have played:

Yeovil (top) away and won
    Braintree (3rd) at home and drew
    Hampton (4th) away and drew
    Worthing (5th) home and won
    St Albans (7th) away and drew

Incredible run really given where they were. if they can get something at Chippenham this weekend and then beat rock bottom Dover at home then they won't be far off survival.
  • Options
    If anyone is in the area on Saturday....we are also doing a collection for the son of one of our players who has Cerebal Palsy,so your support would be welcome.

• Options
    Dartford have reduced admission prices to £10 (£5 for concessions) for the rest of the season.

And tomorrow is just £5 for PL and EFL season ticket holders
  • Options

For anyone down this way today. 2nd v 1st in the league. Expecting a crowd of over 1,000. Standing and drinking on the terraces.
    What's not to like!
  • Options
    Anyone at Bromley today?
    My fellow Cork Addick had a flight booked when we were supposed to be playing Wigan. So he & his son are off to Bromley v York instead.

• Options
    edited March 23
    Crowds not surprisingly down at Dartford. Able to get served in time for a pre match pint, instead of the usual long queues...

Did take up the £5 offer
  • Options
    Crowds not surprisingly down at Dartford. Able to get served in time for a pre match pint, instead of the usual long queues...

Did take up the £5 offer
    Already 1-0 down. Hard to believe the aim was promotion this season.
  • Options

Did take up the £5 offer
    Grim. The Hemel flag did make me smile though, having worked there many years ago and knowing their dialing code.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bromley losing at HT. Barnet had a great half and are 4-0 up
  • Options
    1-1 in a must win game
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Bad defeat for Welling to end their good run.

Been let off the hook though by Dartford and Hemel drawing 1-1, Eastbourne drawing and both Taunton and Truro losing to injury time goals. 

Welling really need to beat Dover next Friday though to give themselves even more breathing space.
  • Options

Been let off the hook though by Dartford and Hemel drawing 1-1, Eastbourne drawing and both Taunton and Truro losing to injury time goals. 

Welling really need to beat Dover next Friday though to give themselves even more breathing space.
    Welling still playing. Keep up. Btw Liverpool are out of the fa cup.
  • Options
    edited March 23

Did take up the £5 offer
    Grim. The Hemel flag did make me smile though, having worked there many years ago and knowing their dialing code.

I worked in Hemel for about four years. A special place for special people. The impaired mobility capital of Britain.
    When I went for my third and final interview, I asked the CFO (from Maidenhead) what Hemel was like. He paused for a moment, put his fingertips together on the desk and said 'The people in Hemel, they're not like you and me'. How right he was.
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Anyone at Bromley today?
    My fellow Cork Addick had a flight booked when we were supposed to be playing Wigan. So he & his son are off to Bromley v York instead.

My mates and I went to Bromley Vs York today - and we chatted to your mate briefly in the bar at Bromley 

Bromley’s ground - especially the big bar at one end - certainly much improved from when played there (yes I did, albeit a pitch hire) nigh on 20 odd years ago 

But my word - what an appalling game of football I watched - dreadful 
  • Options

They'd just gone 4-1 down in the 88th minute when i posted. Probably weren't going to turn that around.
  • Options
    edited March 24

They'd just gone 4-1 down in the 88th minute when i posted. Probably weren't going to turn that around.
    One of those games that made good betting.
    Pitch is on quite a slope and there was a strong wind blowing down it.
    Welling had both advantages in the first half.
    Following Tuesday nights game where they had 15 corners, and wasted them all, today they had a handful and scored from their first. Unfortunately Welling couldn’t improve on that, and with both the wind and gradient favouring them, should have gone on to increase their lead.
    Half time arrived and Chippenham are marked up at 11/1 with B365. That was too good an offer.
    Chippenham’s equaliser was a screamer from the edge of the box. The second a cross that the wind catches and sails into the top corner. After that Welling are chasing the game, and in pops the third.
    With the game being delayed 15 mins due to late arrival of the away team, that was the excuse I needed to get away for my 5:30 train. 
  • Options
    Just got in after getting plenty of fresh air and TNT 3 are about to show a National League South match between Worthing v Bath City.

The amazing story of George Dowell, the Ex Player who after a terrible car crash which left him disabled ploughed 800k Compensation into Worthing and has improved the club in so many ways.

You Dartford, Welling, and others supporters in this division will be aware of George Dowell MBE.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone at Bromley today?

My mates and I went to Bromley Vs York today - and we chatted to your mate briefly in the bar at Bromley 

Bromley’s ground - especially the big bar at one end - certainly much improved from when played there (yes I did, albeit a pitch hire) nigh on 20 odd years ago 

Nice one Flashy! 
    I saw his video, it’s certainly improved since I was last there.
  • Options

For anyone down this way today. 2nd v 1st in the league. Expecting a crowd of over 1,000. Standing and drinking on the terraces.
    What's not to like!

Just saw the 4 Deal goals:
    Now just 3 points behind Glebe with 7 games in hand in the Southern Counties east football league Premier division!

I always call it the Kent league as other than Fisher all the teams I believe are in the garden of England county.
  • Options

What's not to like!
     I could give you a long list of what's not to like....
  • Options
    Please do.
  • Options
    dev said:

What's not to like!

Go on then, we have a few interested parties here waiting.
  • Options
    edited March 25
    Anyone at Bromley today?

Nice to see Dipo get one, and a well taken one at that (ex Welling forward).

https://x.com/YorkCityFC/status/1772239511940223229?s=20
  • Options
    Starting tomorrow night, Truro have to play 12 games in 26 days.

The good news for them is that 10 of them are at home. The bad news is that 'home' is a 400 mile round-trip at Gloucester City.

• Options

The good news for them is that 10 of them are at home. The bad news is that 'home' is a 400 mile round-trip at Gloucester City.

Taunton have got a sizeable backlog as well, with tonight's game called off, they're 3 or 4 games behind everyone else other than Truro.

Massive game tomorrow as Truro play Dartford. I imagine Gloucester's stadium will be very quiet...
  • Options
    edited March 25

It will be interesting to see how many players they use for these games, the distance involved and the strain of playing so many games in a short space of time.
    You have to feel very sorry for the supporters as well.  The attendances will take a hammering.
  • Options
    dev said:

What's not to like!
    Elaborate