Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Went to the 19/20 London Senior Cup Final last night; Hendon v Brentford Bees at Hanwell Town FC. 

Good all-ticket crowd of 400 (plus FA bods and guests, nearer 500) and a superb pitch. Bees passed the ball like their 1st Team but without much cutting edge against experienced Hendon defenders and midfield. Very few chances in a very tactical game until extra-time, when Hendon keeper Jonathan North pulled off a brilliant point-blank save. Hendon went for it late in the 2nd half of ET and got a penalty....which was knocked in and we hung on for a 1-0. 

Hendon have now won the LSC six times and I think that might be a record. A lot of those Bees youngsters have very bright futures and were superbly drilled. All in all a really good night and now I'm looking forward to the FA Cup game away to Crawley Downs next Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Went to the 19/20 London Senior Cup Final last night; Hendon v Brentford Bees at Hanwell Town FC. 

Good all-ticket crowd of 400 (plus FA bods and guests, nearer 500) and a superb pitch. Bees passed the ball like their 1st Team but without much cutting edge against experienced Hendon defenders and midfield. Very few chances in a very tactical game until extra-time, when Hendon keeper Jonathan North pulled off a brilliant point-blank save. Hendon went for it late in the 2nd half of ET and got a penalty....which was knocked in and we hung on for a 1-0. 

Hendon have now won the LSC six times and I think that might be a record. A lot of those Bees youngsters have very bright futures and were superbly drilled. All in all a really good night and now I'm looking forward to the FA Cup game away to Crawley Downs next Tuesday. 
    Hopefully you'll be driving. It's a pig to get to from Three Bridges station.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Hopefully you'll be driving. It's a pig to get to from Three Bridges station.
    Definitely driving. Cheers! 
  • Options
    I went to Lydd 6-3 Stansfeld last week, very low standard obviously but only 56p per goal. I counted about 50 fans, they just took our name and number on entrance.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I went to Lydd 6-3 Stansfeld last week, very low standard obviously but only 56p per goal. I counted about 50 fans, they just took our name and number on entrance.
    Nice tick.
    Did they produce a programme?
  • Options
    I saw someone with what looked like one, but I didn't see any for sale. 

I was looking at Hastings this Saturday but they've already sold out their 400 tickets for £12 a piece. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thinking about going to Cray Valley (where I grew up) v Sittingbourne (my local club now) next Saturday. 
    Tickets on the door. 
    Depending on the governments say so this week, got to be careful where I live.
    Anyone been to CVFC ?
  • Options
    Thinking about going to Cray Valley (where I grew up) v Sittingbourne (my local club now) next Saturday. 
    Tickets on the door. 
    Anyone been to CVFC ?
    I worked at Cray valley paper mill for 7 years back in the 70s. 
    Played for them a few times back then.
    They are a far better side now though. 
    Enjoy your day.
  • Options
    Really ?
    I grew up living in Beddington Green, off St Paul's Wood Hill, went to Cray Valley school, which was changed to Kemnal Manor. Vaguely remember a cricket match at the Paper Mill when I was a kid, a charity match with celebs and some Kent CCC players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Really ?
    I grew up living in Beddington Green, off St Paul's Wood Hill, went to Cray Valley school, which was changed to Kemnal Manor. Vaguely remember a cricket match at the Paper Mill when I was a kid, a charity match with celebs and some Kent CCC players.
    My younger brother went to cray valley school and was there when it changed to Kendal Manor.
    He is 59.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Really ?
    My younger brother went today valley school and was there when it changed to Kendal Manor.
    He is 59.
    Either my year or one above. Who he ?

*Sorry for taking this away from the thread title, but I started this thread 7 years ago, so  😜
  • Options
    Kemnal
  • Options
    Really ?
    My younger brother went today valley school and was there when it changed to Kendal Manor.
    He is 59.
    Either my year or one above. Who he ?

*Sorry for taking this away from the thread title, but I started this thread 7 years ago, so  😜
    His name is Chris Rogers
  • Options
    Sorry, name rings a bell, but must have been 1 year up, don't remember him being in any of my classes, but then again, seriously, don't remember much nowadays. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Really enjoyed a day out to watch my local team Whyteleafe beat Herne Bay 4-1 at the seaside in the first match of the season in the south east  Isthmian League. ATT 366 and the only known player was Zak Ansah, but he was a frustrated figure for Herne Bay. It felt strange that every member of the squad came over to the 40 odd away fans and thanked us for traveling there. 

Same as Badger I saw the glebe 1 Whyteleafe 3 (Charlie MacDonald made his debut for Glebe) and also my son and I went to see Arundel v Varndinians, a team  who play at the Withdean, two weeks ago in the southern Combinations League with the Castle as a back drop.

Going to the FA cup game tomorrow, Whyteleafe v Binfield. I'm trying not to get emotionally involved with any other team after suffering with Cafc for many decades. 

After having a season ticket at the Valley it still feels strange. Most games we are going to you pay on the door and give contact details. There seems to be different rules for different tiers of the football pyrimid on whether you need to book on line. 
  • Options
    Tickets on the door. 
    Anyone been to CVFC ?
    Nice little clubhouse and tidy ground.  A shame they booted out Greenwich Borough.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Really enjoyed a day out to watch my local team Whyteleafe beat Herne Bay 4-1 at the seaside in the first match of the season in the south east  Isthmian League. ATT 366 and the only known player was Zak Ansah, but he was a frustrated figure for Herne Bay. It felt strange that every member of the squad came over to the 40 odd away fans and thanked us for traveling there. 

Same as Badger I saw the glebe 1 Whyteleafe 3 (Charlie MacDonald made his debut for Glebe) and also my son and I went to see Arundel v Varndinians, a team  who play at the Withdean, two weeks ago in the southern Combinations League with the Castle as a back drop.

Going to the FA cup game tomorrow, Whyteleafe v Binfield. I'm trying not to get emotionally involved with any other team after suffering with Cafc for many decades. 

After having a season ticket at the Valley it still feels strange. Most games we are going to you pay on the door and give contact details. There seems to be different rules for different tiers of the football pyrimid on whether you need to book on line. 
    I'm hoping to get to Beckenham v Bearsted this Saturday.
    I have been told there is no need for tickets and they produce a programme.  
    I have not been for about 25 years but have seen it is a nice little ground now.
  • Options

The rules ARE very inconsistent, especially as 7th and 8th tier clubs aren't covered by the same rules as 6th tier clubs, who are covered by the same restrictions as EFL and PL clubs
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54240644

The new National League season will not start on 3 October if fans are not able to attend, BBC Sport understands.
    With cases of Covid-19 rising, a planned programme of test events prior to a phased and partial return of supporters at sports venues from 1 October is set to be scrapped.
    National League clubs have been told that if supporters are not allowed to attend, their season will not begin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully going to see Hartley Wintney v Erith Tuesday night. Might see one or two of you...
  • Options

The new National League season will not start on 3 October if fans are not able to attend, BBC Sport understands.

With cases of Covid-19 rising, a planned programme of test events prior to a phased and partial return of supporters at sports venues from 1 October is set to be scrapped.

National League clubs have been told that if supporters are not allowed to attend, their season will not begin.

The league had previously received approval to hold test events with fans.

Last week up to 1,000 people were to be allowed to watch friendly matches at Dagenham & Redbridge, Yeovil Town, Dartford and Notts County on 22 and 26 September.

A decision on fans returning has yet to be confirmed, but BBC Sport understands that officials at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) are expecting to have to tell governing bodies that spectators will not be permitted.

Sports are to be asked by officials for their assessments of the financial impact of playing behind closed doors for several more months, while the government is said to be keen to work with sports on a possible support package that would enable them to survive.

National League chairman Brian Barwick has previously said he feared clubs would "suffer severe economic hardship" if spectators were not allowed to return to stadiums in the near future, with teams at that level more reliant on matchday income.

The 2019-20 National League regular season was brought to an early conclusion because of the coronavirus pandemic, although play-off games in its three divisions were played behind closed doors in July and August.

• Options
    So with those being the only three Divisions (and with the FA Cup restarting) whats going to happen if everyone else completes their season and we've had two tiers in the middle of the pyramid that cant promote or relegate anyone? - Is it going to be another year where clubs there wont be any relegation from League Two below?
  • Options

With cases of Covid-19 rising, a planned programme of test events prior to a phased and partial return of supporters at sports venues from 1 October is set to be scrapped.

Last week up to 1,000 people were to be allowed to watch friendly matches at Dagenham & Redbridge, Yeovil Town, Dartford and Notts County on 22 and 26 September.

A decision on fans returning has yet to be confirmed, but BBC Sport understands that officials at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) are expecting to have to tell governing bodies that spectators will not be permitted.

Sports are to be asked by officials for their assessments of the financial impact of playing behind closed doors for several more months, while the government is said to be keen to work with sports on a possible support package that would enable them to survive.

National League chairman Brian Barwick has previously said he feared clubs would "suffer severe economic hardship" if spectators were not allowed to return to stadiums in the near future, with teams at that level more reliant on matchday income.

The 2019-20 National League regular season was brought to an early conclusion because of the coronavirus pandemic, although play-off games in its three divisions were played behind closed doors in July and August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745

Plans for fans attending sporting events postponed. Can see the National League season being cancelled if it doesn't happen before Christmas.
  • Options

Plans for fans attending sporting events postponed. Can see the National League season being cancelled if it doesn't happen before Christmas.
    Where does this leave fans attending below the National League?
  • Options

Not sure mate. I was watching the Hashtag FA cup game last night, they had fans in the ground and when they won the penalty shoot out a few ran onto the pitch to celebrate with the players, which is a big problem given the current situation.

• Options

Not sure mate. I was watching the Hashtag FA cup game last night, they had fans in the ground and when they won the penalty shoot out a few ran onto the pitch to celebrate with the players, which is a big problem given the current situation.

I'm not expecting to manage that Saturday......
  • Options
    Yet you can still drink in boozers.  Madness.
  • Options
    Eastbourne were due to the start the league season against Dorking on the 6th. Was quite looking forward to going down there to see the national league south favourites in action.  
  • Options
    Eastbourne were due to the start the league season against Dorking on the 6th. Was quite looking forward to going down there to see the national league south favourites in action.  
    Tick Eastbourne Town, a cracking little ground.