Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Pope

124»

Comments

• Options
    Got to feel for him, such a great season he is having as well, but was as blatant a red card as at Old Trafford in 94
  • Options
    What did he do?
  • Options
    Came out of area, went to head a dipping ball that Salah was running onto and got it all wrong and handled it
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What did he do?

• Options
    Only just a red, a tad harsh. More of an orange.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Even if deliberate handball wasn't a red card; Pope clearly denies a goalscoring opportunity because Salah would have had open goal to aim at. 

Probably the easiest red card the ref has ever given. 
  • Options
    Yep total red card
  • Options
    He made a complete mess of it. And he still handled it, if he just let it go he might have avoided a red
  • Options
    Newcastle’s second choice keeper is cuptied as well so they will be digging deep 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as Lineker said on MOTD if Joelinton had picked up a booking today he would have picked up a suspension but been able to play in the final yet Pope picks up a suspension but can’t. 
  • Options
    Why's that?
  • Options
    Yellow card suspension are only for league games
  • Options
    Yellow card suspension are only for league games
    Red card suspensions must be served across all competitions.

Yellow card accumulation suspensions must be served in the competition they’re received. 

This is to prevent incentivising players from deliberately getting themselves a fifth booking of the season in a league match to serve a one match ban in a meaningless early round cup tie.
  • Options
    Pope has just let a long range shot bounce off his body and straight to a forward who scored.

Now, where have I seen that before?!
  • Options
    No idea, he was absolutely perfect when he left for Burnley.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Pope has just let a long range shot bounce off his body and straight to a forward who scored.

Now, where have I seen that before?!
    Did it bounce just in front of him - if so it is the old weakness reoccurring.
  • Options
    I have a feeling this will be his last season at Newcastle. Reckon they will look for a new, younger keeper for next season, one who is a bit more in keeping with the current required traits of a keeper.
  • Options
    Poor keeping display from him today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Opposite display from my last post by him yesterday. Got a shellshocked Newcastle a point.
  • Options
    He did well yesterday. I was very disapointed with Newcastle yesterday and thought they were asking to lose. He was a big reason they didn't.
  • Options
    Nick Pope had a solid game and was Newcastle's best player. 
    Isak is a baller and the goal he created against Everton last season was magic as he turned several defenders inside out. Yesterday the ball didn't stick for him and Newcastle looked like rookies in the Champion's League; which they are.
  • Options
    Pope’s big development is in his mental toughness .  He’s has a couple of dodgy games lately and has lost his place in the England squad , but he bounces back well .  Bar his distribution , I do think he’s the best of the English keepers - certainly the best at commanding his box.