Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Time for a new Valley hero....

2»

Comments

• Options

Stig said:

Kap10 said:

Stig said:

Good article. The only bit I'd disgree with is about Rommedahl, "scoring a last gasp winner at Selhurst for a televised derby overrides all that frustration". It doesn't override the frustration for me - but then, to be fair I wasn't there that night. Maybe that goal counted for more, seen in the flesh.

It was magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not disputing the magic of the moment, just whether it was really enough to "override all that frustration".
    Way more than enough for me. He was frustrating but he wasnt a complete let down and that game and that goal is right up there with my all time favourite. Absolute magic I was bouncing for days after.
    As derbys go for us that was actually quite and important one too. We were struggling at that point if i remember rightly and a defeat wouldve left us in a worrying place and lifted them. Having conceded a pen getting a last minute winner like that out of nothing was a proper moment.

In a way I think sometime it takes somebody like that (or john hendry not that i was there for that one) who is a bit removed from or even unaware of the emotion of the occasion to step up. Somebody a bit more engaged in it might have been trying too hard to produce something like that, but Rommedahl was probably just thinking about his football and saw a little space and just though sod it ill have a pop. His face celebrating the goal you could tell he didnt quite realise what it meant! You compare todorovs reaction to that of andy reid for the palace goal tells a story too!

• Options
    Stig said:

Kap10 said:

Stig said:

Good article. The only bit I'd disgree with is about Rommedahl, "scoring a last gasp winner at Selhurst for a televised derby overrides all that frustration". It doesn't override the frustration for me - but then, to be fair I wasn't there that night. Maybe that goal counted for more, seen in the flesh.

I'm not disputing the magic of the moment, just whether it was really enough to "override all that frustration".
    Each to their own but yes it was a legend making moment for me and there is even a chant for it!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Kap10 said:

Stig said:

Kap10 said:

Stig said:

Each to their own but yes it was a legend making moment for me and there is even a chant for it!!
    For sure Kap because I' ve sung along to ' Dennis in the last minute, Dennis in th last minute' before! :0)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Where have all the good men gone
    And where are all the gods
    Where's the streetwise Hercules
    To fight the rising odds?
    Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
    Late at night I toss & turn & I dream of what I need.

I need a hero
    I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
    He's gotta be strong
    And he's gotta be fast
    And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
    I need a hero
    I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
    He's gotta be sure
    And it's gotta be soon
    And he's gotta be larger than life.

This is for all our lads tomorrow .

Who will be our white knight ?

COYA !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Come on boys get fucked in to those bastards from Bermondsey. I think Yann will be the man, tough and experienced enough to deal with the day and the atmosphere. Plenty enough good lads like Jonnie and others to make tomorrow very sweet!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Bit unfair to suggest Mendonca is known as Sir Clive on the basis of one game. This man was a superb player for us and got what? 30 odd goals that season.

Get the drift of the article though and the current side has plenty of heroes already. Yann, Solly and Jackson are the three that stand out.
  • Options
    @Fanny "Late at night I toss & turn & I dream of what I need."

Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    Any win today and we have 11 new hero's as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Today is the day of the pig
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

@Fanny "Late at night I toss & turn & I dream of what I need."

Thanks for sharing

I'm still looking for that hero, Kap !

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Time to stand up and be counted. This time, more than any other time.

This time, more than any other time, this time,
    We're going to find a way,
    Find a way to get a win,
    This time, getting it all together

To win against Millwall,
    It's what we'll set out to do
    We have a dream,
    We know you're sharing it too

Find a way to get a win,

We'll get it right
    This time, get it right,
    This time

It makes you wonder,
    It makes you proud
    To play for Charlton,
    And hear the crowd

As we're marching
    On towards victory

This time,
    This time

We're on our way,
    We are Powell's eleven
    Hear the roar,
    Of the red and white

Find a way to get a win,

We'll get it right
    This time, we'll get it right
    [repeat to fade]

.....maybe, just maybe, next time......

• Options

Any win today and we have 11 new hero's as far as I'm concerned.

D'oh