Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ozil

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ozil should be nicked for taking (bags of) money under false pretences
    Arsenal elected to pay him on a contract bags of money. Now they want him out but he doesn't want to go. Contracts work both ways. Tough. Infact contracts should be upheld , not renegades on .
    Which is why I made the comparison with Phillips. We have no right to moan if a club doesn't come in for him but still picks up the wages and stops us from freeing up another place in the squad.

The only difference I see between Ozil and Phillips is that I would stake my life that Phillips would still perform to the best of his ability. Ozil wouldn't as evidenced by the fact that not only is he lazy but for a so called play maker he scored one goal and created two in the whole of last season!
  • Options
    Why would you buy someone and want to change exactly what made them a highly sort after player in the first place.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Why would you buy someone and want to change exactly what made them a highly sort after player in the first place.
    Because he stopped doing what made him a highly sort after player and then wasn't prepared to adapt to make him an all round player.

As I say, Wenger didn't want to offer him a new contract. Gazidis did. Top teams in the PL don't have luxury players any more, least of all one that had a record last season of 6 goals and 4 assists for the last 2 seasons - and who didn't want to chase back when he lost the ball.

Aguero had to learn to adapt and is older and now defends from the front. Ozil could do it but doesn't want to. And team mates get pretty pissed off when they see Ozil with his hands on his hips doing nothing when he doesn't have the ball. 
  • Options

Would love to know what's gone on behind the scenes here

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Love the fact that people have a go at Ozil for what he earns, when it was Arsenal who offered him the contract, what whas he gonna do turn round and say na thats to much money lol.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Whenever I watched the bloke play he was the laziest one on the pitch. Awful body language. Not surprised he's being phased out. 

He's had this problem with a few managers now, so it's not like he can blame them.
  • Options
    I always thought it was an odd signing. Even when playing in Spain with a (generally) lower match intensity he was getting benched after 60 mins.
  • Options
    "Loyalty is hard to come by", says a player who ran his contract down to the last 6 months and threatened to leave on a free until they more than doubled his wages.
  • Options
    Always thought he was better in Eastenders

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rumours are that Ozil is not playing due to speaking out against China and the Arsenal sponsors are refusing to let him play
  • Options
    Rumours are that Ozil is not playing due to speaking out against China and the Arsenal sponsors are refusing to let him play
    He played quite a few games after he spoke out on that, lost his place some time later.
  • Options
    Ozil is anchored into the classic romantic number 10 position, he is world class at drifting between the lines, unlocking deep stubborn defences and playing the final pass.

But most teams don't play with a classic number 10 now, they have had to adapt into a number 8 position like De Bruyne or adjusted to attacking from wide like Rodriguez at Everton.

Ozil never looked good pushing forward and scoring goals and is a defensive liability out wide. 

When he signed that deal, he was one of the best at doing what he did so well. But players like him need a team built round them, that never happened. Poor planning by Arsenal, which they are paying for. 
  • Options
    "Loyalty is hard to come by", says a player who ran his contract down to the last 6 months and threatened to leave on a free until they more than doubled his wages.
    That's not disloyal though is it? If he had two years left on his deal and was refusing to play unless he got more money then sure, you can say that's disloyal. The reality is though he signed a deal to play for Arsenal for 5 years and was willing to fulfill that in full, and then said that he'd happily stay at Arsenal if they paid him what he assessed his worth at, and if not he'd get it somewhere else. Is loyalty agreeing to be paid less than you can be elsewhere after completing the period of work you agreed to? That sounds more like allowing yourself to be taken advantage of. I know these are astronomical sums we're talking about, but it's not like he came through Arsenal's academy, or their 'success' is contingent on him, or even that they're short of cash and need to get him off the wage bill to survive; he had offers to go elsewhere for more money and then when Arsenal agreed to pay him what he asked he signed up for another three years. He really hasn't done anything wrong except agree to be paid what's on offer and then to be honest they've fairly publicly made a dick out of him. I hope he clings on to the very last seconds of that contract and pisses himself laughing while Arsenal side-eye him as they keep paying him millions a month to hang out with Gunnersaurus
  • Options
    And how is paying him every week but deciding that they don't fancy him as a player anymore any less loyal?

Effectively he's saying "they should pick me because I've been here for ages" but didn't mind saying "you should pay me loads or I'm off for free" before.

• Options
    Anyone expecting or even wanting loyalty in football doesn’t understand it. 

Just take a look at our released list from any season, where was our loyalty there? It’s just not how it works, only fans are (normally) “loyal”.
  • Options
    His argument is a bit flawed though. Managers choose who gets in the team, based on who he thinks is best for the side, that's how it's always worked

And if Ozil wanted to leave he could have, I can't see Arsenal asking for a fee, but he's clearly not prepared to drop his salary demands