Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best apps (updated)

Comments

• Options
    Footy Chairman; oh my god; soooooo addictive on the iPad. I seem to have lost my freedom and Margaret Meldrew is a very unhappy woman right now! My fans are very fickle; 2 promotions in 3 years, a £50m investor, ground developed, team improved.......and still they want my resignation as they 'don't like the way the club is being run'. Shocking!
  • Options
    Just about to download Football Chairman. Dangerous times ahead.
  • Options
    Is it Football Chairman Lite I am going for chaps?

Lite implies that there might be another paid for version but that's all that is coming up.
  • Options
    That's the one.
  • Options
    my mate has won the premier League only using free transfers and youth team products.
    record fee paid - Nil.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

That's the one.

Thanks for that. Will be giving it a go forthwith.
  • Options
    Thank you for the Football Chairman suggestion.

Been on it constantly for week or so now.

Keep starting again after a few seasons as I always end up with a squad of 700+ players.

I just can't say no.......
  • Options
    I'm a bit bored of chairman now. Played it loads because I've been off work and eventually won the prem, then won it a couple more times in a row. (Took me about 40 seasons though!) I've fully expanded the stadium and all my players are 99s and 98s. Upgraded everything I can. Can't really see any reason to go on.

Good game while it lasted!
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Strangely - Cinema World app is good at letting you know one off showings of the more obscure (for them) films that are happening locally.

May try that.

My app recommendation is Adobe Revel.

It's a photo sharing app on iPhone, iPad and Mac OS. I think the Android version is coming as well.

The interface is well designed and simple.

It seems to me less about the social networking side of things (although you can share to various sites) and more about sharing with family and friends.

You can also use effects but I don't know if they are like, say Instagram.

You get unlimited uploads for the first month and 50 per month free after that.

I have found it great for sharing photos of the children with the family (shared photos are also downloadable) instead of emailing them all the bloody time!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    cant you just do this with whatsapp? Except there is no limit to how much you can send?

**edit except you can use effects **
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As far as I know Whatsapp (I use it on my phone) is a messaging service that also let's you send photos and videos (I don't even know if there is a desktop version and if there is a max file size?).

Revel lets you store your whole photo library high res up in their cloud (in albums if required) with the ability share website links of single photos or complete albums with whoever or publish them to twitter/Facebook if you're into that.

The app on all Mac platforms lets you have your entire library for you to view whenever/wherever.

I don't work for Adobe
  • Options

Dave - Footy Chairman has ruined my life!

Ditto. Cant get out of Non-League A.
    Bloody amateurs!! ;o)
  • Options

Dave - Footy Chairman has ruined my life!

Ditto. Cant get out of Non-League A.
    Bloody amateurs!! ;o)
    I, somewhat, lost interest when Kings Hill won the Premier League the same season we sold our star player for £85m.

Even with that the fans didn't like me very much.

Ungrateful sods!
  • Options
    Is this on Android?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    If anyone is in to getting out for last minute events (music, clubbing, theatre, food, unique venues), try YPlan London.

Updates daily, will give you a selection for today, tomorrow & a few further out. Usually with discounts and you can share your code (user name) with as many people as you like, which gets you a £7 credit to use each time.

Have used it for gigs, including Hyde Park during the summer, and one off pop-up drinks nights. Some very good days/nights :)
  • Options
    Can you get Football Chairman on non-iPhone android?
  • Options

Can you get Football Chairman on non-iPhone android?

Nope. Coming soon though apparently.

• Options
    Downloaded "Quiz Up" 2 days ago and havent got much work done. If you like your trivia, this is a good app.
  • Options
    Top eleven, best football app going. 1 game a day (which stops it becoming obsessive) and against real people.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Top eleven, best football app going. 1 game a day (which stops it becoming obsessive) and against real people.

Yeah this is good. Up to level 8 but starting to lose a bit of interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have that too... on level 11 which means ive been playing for a year!!
  • Options

Downloaded "Quiz Up" 2 days ago and havent got much work done. If you like your trivia, this is a good app.

Is it challenging though?
  • Options
    Real racer 3 is excellent
  • Options

Good app but very poor scoring twice I have lost games despite the times being the exact same and somehow i lose stopped playing after the 2nd time
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Great one I found it was a free app yesterday
    Puzzles & Jigsaws Pro
    Very good you can make your own Jigsaw Puzzle using your photo's
    The hard level is very Hard just over a hour for me to complete one of the play off final
  • Options
    everyone get on flappy bird, so addictive best of 19 atm and thats taken me 2 days!
  • Options
    "Oh you mean Laura?"

"Yeh she was a bit of a Flappy Bird"
  • Options
    My kids got me addicted to leps world 3. 8 ball pool is great.
  • Options
    Match dots. It's doing my head in!
  • Options
    Livemedia - available on iPhones and android . It's an app that let's you play any tv station in the world streamed for free. Including sky sports / Bt Sports etc -