Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fenerbahce vs Arsenal

Seems crazy that Fenerbahce have been allowed to play this due to their appeal against a ban for match fixing.
The outcome of the appeal will be known just after the second leg is finished.
Wonder what will happen if Arsenal lose and Fenerbahce lose their appeal?
There seems to be a few teams appealing bans at the moment.
Metalist Kharkiv appealed and their appeal was thrown out by CAS. I wonder why all the appeals couldn't be heard before the contests began.

Still should be an interesting tie and not easy for Arsenal.

Comments

• Looking forward to this one. The Fenerbahce atmosphere is one the Arsenal players will find very uncomfortable.
  • Hope Fenerbahce knock Arsenal out of Europe, am very much enjoying laughing at their downfall right now.
  • Hope Fenerbahce knock Arsenal out of Europe, am very much enjoying laughing at their downfall right now.

This.
    I'm surrounded by plastic gooners up here.
  • I want Arsenal to qualify. More English teams in Europe the better. Not as much fun watching the latter stages of CL when there is no English interest.
  • Not as much fun watching the latter stages of CL when there is no English interest.

Not true
  • I want Arsenal to qualify. More English teams in Europe the better. Not as much fun watching the latter stages of CL when there is no English interest.

Totally agree. As long as it's an English team, I don't care who they are are who they are playing.

• ha ha ha h English team ----shit day but that made me laugh.

come on the Turks smash the goonershit and serve em up with lots of chilly sauce.

come on the Turks smash the goonershit and serve em up with lots of chilly sauce.

You seem a tad biased GH?

• ha ha
    Arsenals away support................one for oohaa! Couple hundred at best.
  • ha ha
    Arsenals away support................one for oohaa! Couple hundred at best.

Go to Turkey with the possibility of getting murdered or stay at home & watch it on TV ?

Bit of a no brainer for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha, just seen that Fener fans were going mental outside Arsenal's hotel last night so they couldn't sleep properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_U8yjkvaTo

Their supporters are f'n crazy, they were banned from a home Europa League game last season so instead stood outside firing in flares on parachutes.

• Jenkinson on
  • poor Kosceliny .. so far defo NOT his season
  • edited August 2013
    if arsenal can't beat this lot then they have little hope of doing much in the premiership.

meireles hasn't changed much since he was in England. still dogs#it.
  • 0-0 half time, pretty dire stuff.
  • Arsenal are trying to walk the ball into the net...and failing. If they don't beat this load of poo tonight then they are in for a l -o -n -g season.
  • gibbs 1-0
  • Managed it that time legal :)
  • They listened to me and Arsene took my advice:-)
  • Arsenal always manage to get through this stage - its just afterwards when they "fail"
  • Sponsored links:

• Ramsey 2-0
    Shocking keeping lol
  • how can Alves be booked for an elbow in the box but no pen, instead a free kick to Fenerbahce?

Goin well...
  • Some people have gone pretty quiet....

Lets be honest, they were never gonna lose here. This is their big money-maker.
  • early contender for this seasons 'worst team in the whole world' award. Fenerbachce. (and I've seen Charlton play!)
  • 3-0 full time.
    Fenerbahce got to the semis of the Europa league last year. A pale imitation this year. I wonder whether the threat of being kicked out anyway effected the players. They were shocking.
  • Arsenal do this...they surprise everyone and quickly bounce back after disappointing form.
    In the long term just won't mean anything.

In my opinion their biggest priority should be the domestic cups. The capital one cup in the bag just to release the horrible trophy-less void. It won't happen though.

Q.F knockout champions league and 5th in the premier league if their lucky.

Used to like Arsenal for their class and unique style of play but now not even a serious competitive team already ruled out of title hopes which is entirely their own fault as they have the ambition of a tortoise.

Highbury was a great little football ground...RIP
  • Well done Arsenal.
  • Don't get why people support Arsenal in here
  • SE7West said:

Don't get why people support Arsenal in here

I don't. I hate arsenal. Or nearer the point, I hate arsenal fans. Wankers one and all. Pass me the petrol gh.