Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sponsorship for Charlton Life charity games - PLEASE READ

Comments

• Options
    bart, i still have not recieved an email from you! come on man, i need to no where i can get this form from, as i dont really understand the website thingy!
  • Options
    sorry, have had to send it out in smaller groups. you should be getting it this afternoon.

Not too sure what it is that you don't understand. People click on the 'Sponsor us now' box, type in the amount they wish to sponsor and then put in the bank details securely.

http://www.justgiving.com/charltonlife
  • Options
    So shall i send this link to some mates via email! Then they can either sponser me or not! what has everyone else done??? come on doods, help me out here!???!
  • Options
    i'll forward you a mail i sent friends
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'll forward you a mail i sent friends

thanks dude, its been a tough week for this poor little brain of mine!
  • Options
    The just giving page has gone down , Ollie what have you done mate
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited March 2007
    gawd only knows, cant believe they let me loose on a compooter!
  • Options
    it seems fine to me, £1,090.
  • Options
    It says this for me

We are very sorry
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Our technical team has been alerted them to the problem and are working to correct it as soon as possible.

Please bear with us and visit the site again later in the day.

Thank you for your co-operation.

The Justgiving Team
  • Options
    Back to normal now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    site down again.
  • Options
    £1470.00 its coming on.....
  • Options
    Blimey shag! you got some generous mates!!

We drove past the building site of the new hospice in Eltham on Saturday.

Come on people dig deep
  • Options
    Yippee, someone just sponsored me a £5.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Blimey shag! you got some generous mates!!

We drove past the building site of the new hospice in Eltham on Saturday.

Come on people dig deep

Yeah blimey , I've just seen that .

Mind you he does own 2 boats !

Top bloke he is
  • Options
    Gentle reminder:

Please make sure you tell everyone to select the Gift Aid option. Doesn't cost them a penny - just means more money for Demelza.
  • Options
    AFKA, is the £30 to be included in the sponsorship, i;e added to my list of sponsors (as the wifes paying it) or will it be collected by your goodself?
  • Options
    Good question covered, I'd like to know the answer to that one. Come on AFKA
  • Options
    If you are doing all your fundraising via the justgiving route, please make the payment yourself by that means

If you are getting most of your sponsorship on the forms, put down a SELF payment on the forms for the £30, and lump it in with everything else.

Last thing i want to do is go round on the day with a checklist taking £30 off 50 people.....
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    One question, how are we going to keep track that everyone has paid £30 themselves for the pleasure of playing and not hidden the charges with the sponsorship money? Not saying that people will. Am I being to fussy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not really, its only right if some people pay, everyone pays.

I'll be keeping check, and catching up with everyone to make sure they've paid. But i can't see a problem to be honest.
  • Options
    Dave Storry,

on behalf of everyone involved please give our sincere thanks to Masefield Limited for their generous contribution.

http://www.justgiving.com/charltonlife
  • Options
    blooming heck!!!
    Bang On!!
  • Options
    F**kin ell..! Get in There....
  • Options
    A right touch... heard it was coming on friday, but didn't want to jump the gun.

I'll have to work even harder on the fitness now.

Our sincere thanks duly conveyed to my guv'nors.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]A right touch... heard it was coming on friday, but didn't want to jump the gun.

I'll have to work even harder on the fitness now.

Our sincere thanks duly conveyed to my guv'nors.

top company, nice to know they are still out there, gives us all hope.
  • Options
    Well done DS (and everyone else of course)!
  • Options
    DS Top man! Well done mate.
  • Options
    Over the £4k mark, well done everyone.

Couple of points:

1. Its is worth noting that if you are collecting all your cash via the forms, intending to do a lump payment onto the site nearer the time, then that is fine, but you won't be able to tick the gift aid option. Similar for a payment made by a company. I'm not sure how this is adhered to or checked though, and i'm sure there are ways around it.

2. Most of you who work for large companies are likely to have a charitable budget set aside for contributions to staff fundraising. A simple phone call or email to your HR explaining your involvement and the charity may significantly boost the total.
  • Options
    afka,
    regarding point no 1. cant we just collect the money from the forms, pay it into our own accounts, then transfer it, form by form as a donation from ourselves, putting in the comments box something like "paulbaconsarnie ft1" ft1, ft2 etc meaning form transfer. then when we hand the forms in, at (or after?) the match they can be traced.

regarding point no 2. i work for greenwich council and to get through to HR it would take me past 22nd may.