Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Random things that annoy you at football

Comments

• Options
    [cite] righthandbackward:[/cite]the aesthetically pleasing young lady who used to sit in mine and howitzers row in N block has now moved about 8 rows further back. i find this annoying as i used to be able to steal cheeky, not pervy, glances at her during quiet spells in a game

ever considered this was the reason she moved 8 rows back ????
  • Options
    nah, i think it was her dad's decision....

*tumbleweed*
  • Options
    I thought you said it was so she could have a better vantage point to steal cheeky, not pervy, glances at us?!?!
  • Options
    the other team scoring, that's what I hate the most!
  • Options
    People that wear old, old CAFC shirts to games. ie. the Fads one, or a Woolwich one.

They are for wearing whilst jogging, or doing DIY. Nothing else.

I can see why you may think the FADS one is for doing DIY but otherwise I can't agree with you on this.

The Woolwich shirt is tops because I wore it.

Mostly though it shows that you've been around a while and that you're not a plastic. Not only does it display loyalty but it shows that you refuse to be conned exorbitant money for something that costs very little to produce and that you already own ten of.

How often do you want us to do the decorating or go jogging exactly?

The older it is the better (as long as it's in reasonable condition). How cool would it be to have an authentic '47 for example.
  • Options
    I quite like the Ironic look of the old woolwich and FADs shirts... the issue i have is with people wearing shirts from less than 5 years ago it just makes you look a bit pikey
  • Options
    [cite] jimmymelrose:[/cite]People that wear old, old CAFC shirts to games. ie. the Fads one, or a Woolwich one.

I can see why you may think the FADS one is for doing DIY but otherwise I can't agree with you on this.

The Woolwich shirt is tops because I wore it.

Mostly though it shows that you've been around a while and that you're not a plastic. Not only does it display loyalty but it shows that you refuse to be conned exorbitant money for something that costs very little to produce and that you already own ten of.

How often do you want us to do the decorating or go jogging exactly?

The older it is the better (as long as it's in reasonable condition). How cool would it be to have an authentic '47 for example.

It also shows that you probably still have your mum doing you washing for you.
  • Options
    I quite like the Ironic look of the old woolwich and FADs shirts... the issue i have is with people wearing shirts from less than 5 years ago it just makes you look a bit pikey

How many pikeys have you seen wearing a FADS shirt? Are you referring to us supporters in the 80's at The Valley in our old portacabin Valley Club?

Personally I'd love a FADS shirt (as I've already stipulated - in good condition). I've still got my Woolwich one but it's too small as I've put on a bit of weight since my appearances at Selhurst (excuse me).

You only look pikey if it's just a bit old because then it look like an accident. A truly old shirt though in good condition is like a mint condition old programme and to be respected and admired (even if Mum did wash it - at least she didn't wash the programme eh!)
  • Options
    Saturday reminded me how annoying 'goal music' can be. Please, never at Charlton.

May be on my own with this, but here goes........

FIIIISH.

Well woopie do, a goldfish halfway through a game. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    im with you on fish,but goal music i dont mind it gets everyone singin the same thing when a goal is scored.At leicester this year christ it woz loud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "May be on my own with this, but here goes........

FIIIISH.

Well woopie do, a goldfish halfway through a game. Unbelievable."

Spot on mate, 100% agree!
  • Options
    So called fans who go to away games as they did saturday, dont chear on there team, sit their like their arse is glued to the seat, dont get animatted and pass toffes around as if they were at a cinema,
  • Options
    Early Leavers
    Is that all you take away
    Your support is F***ing s**t
    People moaning about atmosphere and teh North Upper not singing when all they do is sit in silence
    god i could go on for ages sound like my mrs always moaning
  • Options
    Footballers not able to hit a corner beyond the first defender.

Not being able to smoke at half time.

Bright orange boots
  • Options
    Well, I'm guilty of at least two - deinitely shout Lukey and Matty (and used to be Dennis, of course) and I have been known to have the odd glass of red wine at football, albeit in Crossbars rather than the concourse. (If it's good enough for Fergie and Jose...)

Otherwise it's people sitting behind or next to you who natter insanely about stuff that's nothing to do with what's going on on the pitch, or when it is, they don't know what they're talking about...

Agree re foul throws too - our Kelly is one of the worst offenders!
  • Options
    Stewards who leave their common sense at home
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Saturday reminded me how annoying 'goal music' can be. Please, never at Charlton.

May be on my own with this, but here goes........

FIIIISH.

Well woopie do, a goldfish halfway through a game. Unbelievable.

Agree. Watch the game not the big screen.

Goal music. Why? It's the one time you don't need to generate noise. Now maybe if we had corner music or shot on target music I could understand.
  • Options
    Or you could watch me, I sometimes have a fish with me.
  • Options
    The Big Screen at the Valley last season Clapping at me saying 'Make Some Noise'.

I am making some noise thanks it's the other 95% of the ground that need waking up.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    I don't mind the fish - it's a quirky little thing that happens twice a game. A bit like when that fat physio used to run around and throw a pie into the Covered End.
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am making some noise thanks it's the other 95% of the ground that need waking up.
    As an aside, did anyone see that Fulham made some "clappers" for their game against Everton on Sunday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah, i saw that. copy cats. I thought their fans had had a transplant, they're not normally that noisy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]yeah, i saw that. copy cats. I thought their fans had had a transplant, they're not normally that noisy!

Shame it will probably have the same end result for them that it did for us :-)
  • Options
    people who just sit and look at you for ten seconds when you are trying to get out for a slash after you have sunk a few pints before the game, then when they decide to get up, they have to move their ruck sake, just move
  • Options
    people that boo during the game - i just don't get it. At 90 minutes agreed but during the game.

People that have to get up 5 minutes before half time to get in the beer queue - one particular bloke in my row does my head in he comes in 10 minutes late leaves 5 minutes early EVERY game.- are you that desperate for a bloody beer.
  • Options
    people on the end of the row that complain every time they get up, before the game has even started. 15 mins isn't always long enough to nip to the ladies, get a pie and get back to your seat before the players come out. if he didn't want to get up, then he shouldn't sit on the end of the row. he stays in his seat for the whole of the game anyway. i might ask if he wants to swap.
  • Options
    Being told to go to the turnstile entrance that is on my season ticket book,even though it takes longer in that entrance to get to my seat than at in the other turnstile entrances i could use
  • Options
    People who moan about the behaviour of other Charlton supporters ;-)
  • Options
    Henrys cardigans & Suzi not wearing them red boots when I ask
  • Options
    The bloke behind me who is the world greatest expert on football yet knows absolutely f*ck all!!

The lad who sits in the same row as me who goes for a slash after 25 minutes are gone in each half - every sodding game. What is the matter with his bladder?

The announcer mantra " this is the Valley etc" as if I don't f*cking know where we are.

The loud pre-kick off music when I just want to chat to my lad (and it makes my flask rattle...:-))

The saftey railings that obsure part of my view from the East C Block. Why the hell did they design the stadium like that?

The Killer Flag that always passes below where I sit!
  • Options
    Over pricing Palace away prime example