Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And then there was one: Paul Ellison suspended

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

rikofold said:

Not that it's really any of our business but I doubt that unless any of the individuals involved care to share what caused their respective departures that we will ever know why so many good Charlton people left the club. Even if there is a takeover at some point.

There are two employment tribunals pending and could be more. These are held in public and are likely to be reported.
    In VOTV? Can't wait... :-)
    I imagine that would be a balanced report
    if they are held in public why don't you attend and then report back for us?

Thought not .....

• Options
    Because I have a job of work to do.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Because I have a job of work to do.

the point is though that AB can hardly embellish a report in his favour when the hearing has been held in public for anyone to attend and report back on.

• Options
    I work in a world of spin. Anything can be spun
  • Options
    I had a message from Paul today saying his old mobile number would no longer be in use. After I replied he said:

"Ben, it's been a real pleasure to have got to know you and some of the other fantastic fans of the Club.

I will also say its been a real honour and privilege to work for such a unique and fantastic football club.

The Club will always be close to my heart. Good Luck in future."
  • Options

I had a message from Paul today saying his old mobile number would no longer be in use. After I replied he said:

"Ben, it's been a real pleasure to have got to know you and some of the other fantastic fans of the Club.

I will also say its been a real honour and privilege to work for such a unique and fantastic football club.

Implies he's off somewhere ? Good luck to him too.

• Options
    And another ones gone
  • Options
    Is this all Mr Bradshaws doing? I presume the club is following all proper procedures to the letter.
  • Options
    Good luck to him
  • Options
    Airman Brown
    You say that there are two employment tribunals pending. Has a date been set for the full hearing of either case? If so what date(s) and what are the locations for the hearings?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pretty much the same words used to me, Henry.

• Options
    I wonder if Paul was unhappy at the changes in Hospitality this season as I know that a lot of customers are.

Some of the people in the Celebration Suite yesterday were unhappy that it has been moved from what is now the Keith Peacock suite and were not told about the changes and went to the old suite having been there in previous seasons.

Also a lot of people now have to walk a long way to get from the Celebration Suite to their seats in the Upper West stand. Many people in the Keith Peacock Suite do the reverse journey, so there is much more movement, particularly at half time, causing congestion on the stairwells.

The costs of the hospitality packages is not cheap and the choice you get is now much less. Last year there was a choice of two meats, plus a vegetarian option. Now there is no choice of meat and the only alternative if you don't like the meat chosen for that day is the vegetarian option.

There is now no choice in dessert; yesterday the dessert was bread and butter pudding which I don't like. I asked if there was an alternative and the staff did try to get me something else, but came back and said that there was only one choice over the whole of hospitality and that the 'manager' had decided that there will now be no choice.

As the amount you pay in some of the suites is far more than you would if you went to a fine dining restaurant, I think that whoever has taken the decision to cut back on choice should think again. If customers continue to be taken advantage of then the club will start to lose many of those customers.

• Options
    edited September 2013

The whole experience sounds ghastly. I've never paid for "hospitality" and would only dine in such circumstances with my tongue firmly in my cheek. How can you charge lots of money for a meal and then not offer a choice?

• Options
    It is far from ghastly, however when you're paying £75 or £85 (depending on the match category) as is the case in the Keith Peacock Suite, it is not unreasonable to expect some choice.
  • Options
    Surprises me. I thought the prawn sandwich brigade would be the one group of supporter that the current board would go out of its way to please.
  • Options

It is far from ghastly, however when you're paying £75 or £85 (depending on the match category) as is the case in the Keith Peacock Suite, it is not unreasonable to expect some choice.

Could you tell me what you get for £75 / £85?

• Options

Surprises me. I thought the prawn sandwich brigade would be the one group of supporter that the current board would go out of its way to please.

Spot on , can't you put something in writing ME , at those prices you've got a right to complain.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    In the Keith Peacock Suite yesterday, the meal was soup to start with - potato, garlic & sweetcorn which was very good. The soup is always excellent.

The main course was steak and ale pie, mashed potato, peas carrots and swede. Dessert was bread and butter pudding, followed by tea or coffee and mints.

At half time you get tea/coffee and biscuits and at full time you get tea/coffee and assorted sandwiches.

A seat in the West Stand and a programme are included.

The fact that there is no choice now, when there used to be a choice of two meats and also that the was only one choice of dessert and tough if you don't like it, is what annoys me.

• Options
    I can understand them cutting back if there looking at cutting back on wastage, and chucking loads of food out , but why in this day and age can they not get people to preorder by email their meal selection in the week leading up to the match?
  • Options

In the Keith Peacock Suite yesterday, the meal was soup to start with - potato, garlic & sweetcorn which was very good. The soup is always excellent.

The main course was steak and ale pie, mashed potato, peas carrots and swede. Dessert was bread and butter pudding, flowed by tea or coffee and mints.

At half time you get tea/coffee and biscuits and at full time you get tea/coffee and assorted sandwiches.

A seat in the West Stand and a programme are included.

The fact that there is no choice now, when there used to be a choice of two meats and also that the was only one choice of dessert and tough if you don't like it, is what annoys me.

Thanks for the info, ME14. What's the quality like? For example, the steak and ale pie: is it at the standard of a pub with a good reputation for food, or right up there with Mark Hix and Gary Rhodes? And the mash: do they flavour it?; is it tasty? And is the veg cooked with herbs, or served with melted butter?

I hadn't realised the price includes a seat and a programme. So are you paying about £42 / £52 (depending on the match status) for the food?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    surely even an ice cream selection as an alternative is viable. All you need is tubs of ice cream and a freezer and doesn't exactly take an age to prepare. Or even cheese and biscuits.
  • Options
    This is nothing to do with why Paul left, except that both are about cost cutting really, whatever the official excuse.
  • Options

This is nothing to do with why Paul left, except that both are about cost cutting really, whatever the official excuse.

As we appear to be losing several million a year, I would have thought that 'efficiencies' were a wise move.

• Options
    "Cost cutting" and "efficiencies" are not the same thing.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

As we appear to be losing several million a year, I would have thought that 'efficiencies' were a wise move.

Not if you're paying top whack for the privilege.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

"Cost cutting" and "efficiencies" are not the same thing.

In 'Management Speak' they are :-)

• Options
    'Efficiencies' are what happens before 'cost cutting'. For instance - banning 15 minute fag breaks four times a day would correctly come under 'efficiency saving'. Stopping people from making a ninety second trip to the kitchen and back to make a cup of tea would come under 'cost cutting'. Or even 'c**tishness'.

Not that I speak from personal experience or anything...
  • Options

surely even an ice cream selection as an alternative is viable. All you need is tubs of ice cream and a freezer and doesn't exactly take an age to prepare. Or even cheese and biscuits.

Last year cheese and biscuits were available in the Celebration Suite if pre-ordered, but you had to pay £2.50 extra. I don't know if they are available this year but presumably when you make the hospitality booking, the club probably wouldn't know what the dessert of the day would be.
  • Options
    Viewfinder, the quality of the food is okay. The steak and ale pie yesterday was really a steak casserole with a puff pastry topping added afterwards. The mash was 'creamed' mashed potato according to the menu. As I stated before, the soup is always excellent and tastes home made not shop bought.

They used to serve a choice of gateaux and cheesecakes which were always delicious and this is what I'd like to see again. They did actually serve those last week at the Doncaster match, so perhaps this week they had to cut costs because of the necessity to supply the hospitality package again.

The swapping of the K P Suite and the Celebration Suites hasn't gone done well with a lot of customers and perhaps the cost cutting will have any effect in a way they hadn't anticipated - i.e a loss of customer bookings.

Last week there were hospitality questionnaires on our table - this week we didn't have one.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Thanks for clearing that up Airman. I am very sorry to hear of Paul's problems - he was always very friendly and helpful to us.