Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesborough 2013 Post-match news & Views

Comments

• Options
    Strange, after a whole summer you would have hoped we could have developed a plan b other than long ball to yann. Unless the midfield genuinely aren't up to it (which could quite likely be the case judging by today)
    It's a good job boro weren't much (but a bit) better otherwise I think they would have torn us a new one.
  • Options
    Yet another disappointing league result, this season is going to be far more difficult than last season. Only positive today is a win for me on a 6-fold accy!
  • Options
    Been to both games so far, today was a step backwards. Midfield is awful. Gower is slow and his passing is nowhere near what I had expected. Green is embarrasing, Harriot has gobe backwards so far. There were no positives from today. The biggest Charlton cheer was winning a corner. No tough tackling, only one shot on target. Their keeper was injured for 10mins and could hardly stand and we did nothing!

What have we done during the week, no set pieces, no passing. The entire team were tripe.

We have thrown away two relatively easy games so far and it is concerning.
  • Options
    In car on way home from match. Very worrying, no midfield and becoming more and more concerned that Danny Green isn't really a professional footballer. Think we mustard 1 shot on target all game.
  • Options
    Congratulations to Powell for the tactical masterstrokes ...hitting aimless high balls to one Charlton shirt surrounded by 6 Boro is worth the FIFA A licence alone.

Clueless today.
  • Options
    Well........that was absolutely diabolical!!
  • Options
    Looking forward to hearing Powell's thoughts on that debacle. He is going to have a hard time explaining himself after today.
  • Options
    Midfield were awful. Caryol gave both the fullbacks a roasting today too.

Gower and Hamer at fault for the goal and Sordell missed a sitter.

Can only get better.

Keep the faith.
  • Options
    Woeful. Can't even be bothered to pick the bones out of it.
  • Options
    Powell is still working out his best team after an uncertain pre season and Sordell arriving late. It's two games into the season. Pritchard is suspended and Jackson is injured. I assume Hughes is injured as well. Things will improve. Chill man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In car on way home from match. Very worrying, no midfield and becoming more and more concerned that Danny Green isn't really a professional footballer. Think we mustard 1 shot on target all game.

4 I think
  • Options
    Pritch is our only real driving force from midfield. Jacko is obviously not fit and along with Gower, there was not enough pace in the middle today. We were relying on two wingers to provide the pace, but wingers are notoriously unreliable. Wilson may have been a better choice on the right today. Having said that, this midfield is the same that almost got us to the play offs with the addition of Gower. I think we'll be OK, it's just a case of getting the right blend and a fit Jacko & Pritch back.
  • Options
    So many lapse in concentration from everyone except Gower I thought. Kermo was completely out the game today, Pigott should have been brought on with 20mins to go because the aerial ball just didnt work, at least he's shown he can play the ball onwards from the ground (similar to how Hayes played). Much to my dismay Green showed no reason why he should be ahead of Pritchard when hes back from suspension. Only sparks today were Harriot and Gower in my opinion.
  • Options

Powell is still working out his best team after an uncertain pre season and Sordell arriving late. It's two games into the season. Pritchard is suspended and Jackson is injured. I assume Hughes is injured as well. Things will improve. Chill man.

if you had parted with a long one today to travel and watch that like I have, you would not be "chilling"...
  • Options
    Think today has proven why Pritchard plays in front of Green and Wilson... He might be limited in ability but he'll at least get stuck in and do it for Charlton.

That corner where Green tried to score directly was just embarassing - Can someone tell me (and Green) just how often direct corners are scored from, am guessing its not often

Sordell for me also needs to try harder... He's had a longer (and apparently quite a good one at that) pre-season yet when Church came on the effort was clear to see (i.e. forcing the keeper into the sliced kick)

Not panicking yet as do feel Middlesbrough are a bit of a bogie side for us

Onwards to Barnsley
  • Options
    Can't remember a Charlton side ever giving the ball away as much as that. Touch and composure deserted everyone.

Can't believe people call for Pritchard to be replaced that 'proper winger' Green. If that's what proper wingers do then I'll stick with a narrow midfield thanks.

Dervite was standout Charlton player although he had little competition in that respect.

Worst I've seen Kermorgant play. Church looked threatening when he came on.

Already the next two games are vital in shaping our season. It would have been difficult to pick an 'easier' opening four games on paper.
  • Options
    I thought Hariott did OK and I don't think the forwards can be blamed or praised given they hardly know each other and got such poor service. Boro were nearly as bad as us which made for less than top drawer entertainment. I recommend listening to music on the ipod during games. Works for me.
  • Options
    Not good enough by a long long way. Green had a perfect opportunity to stake a claim and was clueless. Yann played too deep and therefore won no flicks and was negated and looked lost. Sordell isolated and not even feeding off scraps. There were none. Gower looks ok and Stephens did ok too. Wiggins was awful and Solly looked like a fish out of water with Green in front of him. Dervite and Morro looked ok ish. Harriot tried his hardest. Easiest three points Borough will get. Our first attempt on goal came on 54 minutes and I could have saved it. Today was an absolute disaster. Was either of the terrible twins there to witness ? Pissed off and concerned.
  • Options

if you had parted with a long one today to travel and watch that like I have, you would not be "chilling"...
    No not today, although I did many times last season including the 4-1 to Middlesboroigh and remained optimistic. Some people are just moody bastards though.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    On another note... Least we dont support Hyde - Lost 8-0 away @ Forest Green first game of their season today - When you think you've had a bad day remember, there is always a team to have had worse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On another note... Least we dont support Hyde - Lost 8-0 away @ Forest Green first game of their season today - When you think you've had a bad day remember, there is always a team to have had worse

I don't support Hyde though.
  • Options
    At least SmallWall lost... Right?
  • Options
    Sounds like an awful performance and the 6-1 thrashing Watford gave the amazing Bournemouth doesn't give me hope that things will get any easier.
    I thought the team was a good attacking one but by the sounds of it Green is a busted flush and can't cut the mustered ;-)
    Gonna be a tough season because we clearly punched last year and the division looks like it'll be stronger this season.
    One bright note the scum lost
    I'm sure the knives will be out for SCP but we gotta keep faith with him and he has earnt that

Top 6 0% ........ 7th-12th 10% .......13th-21st 78% ....... The big R 12%
  • Options
    Danny green is a joke. And sordell was dogshit. That is all
  • Options

The malaise running through the Club is spreading to the team. Sordell is cack. Just hope he doesnt have to play.

It's took you two games to mug him off. Nice one.
  • Options
    Ogleby's late goal was harsh on Welling, who gave a good account of themselves in their first game in the Conference Premier for 13 years.
  • Options
    We will always play crap for time to time what worried me was how many players looked over weight and unfit, Yann looked large, Wiggins and even Sol's either that or they are all wearing kids shorts #fatarses
  • Options

I'm sure the knives will be out for SCP but we gotta keep faith with him and he has earnt that.

Already out in the usual place. "Two defeats due to manager error", apparently.

And I'll offer out anyone who disagrees with me, ...... Yawn .......
  • Options
    edited August 2013

The malaise running through the Club is spreading to the team. Sordell is cack. Just hope he doesnt have to play.

It's took you two games to mug him off. Nice one.
    agree. He was pony today but give the bloke a chance ffs.
  • Options
    Tbh I thought SCP did get it wrong. Yann to deep and Sordell isolated. Their defence had the easiest of afternoons.