Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Oxford Utd - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

0-0 full time lose 5-4 on pens jacko missed pen and we all start to shit our pants

I won't be cacking my underwear - I'll be expiring through sheer boredom. All summer you eagerly look forward to the start of a new season - and then this happens. Attendance: a soporific six thousand.

• Options
    Quietly confident we will not need penalties this year. 2-1 Oxford and another cup run is over. So hope I am wrong.
  • Options

Echoes of 2002, when I popped down to The Valley one fine evening to watch us get knocked out by this outfit on penalties!

Capped, I seem to remember, by Steve Brown in his last season at the Valley, putting his penalty as high over the bar as I've ever seen and landing the ball not far short of the back row of the North upper...

• Options
    We're gonna smash 'em 1-0 and our name will practically be on the cup
  • Options
    Think we'll win. Better do considering the amount of dreading was going on after we lost to Leyton Orient on penalties last year.
  • Options
    Can I afford to spend £20 for me and the missus only to be bored to death and distraught at a loss by the end of the night....
  • Options
    Don't fancy our chances for a cup run and besides, I'm going tonight. We never win when I go to a league cup match. 3-2 Oxford
  • Options
    A VERY reliable source has told me that Pigott and Church will start up top. Pigott is the only u21 who is starting, with a couple more on the bench, so the team will be quite strong I presume.
  • Options
    hopefully none of the players read this forum. would feel them with loads of confidence.

but unfortunately it wont be a cup upset, oxford to win 1 nil.
  • Options
    It's the cup, an early exit then we can concentrate on what's important - the league!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Pope
    Solly Morrison Wood Evina
    Wilson Gower Hollands Harriott
    Church
    Sordell

Subs: Hamer, Cort, Cook, Green, Cousins, Stephens, Pigott
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    i hope its a strong team for those that make the effort.

Pope
    Wilson
    Cort
    Evina

Green
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Cook

Piggot
    Church

Sordell, Dervite, Hammer, Harriet, Gower-----must have a strong bench

go all out for a win.

1 all loose on pens----------------then the usual bollox about "its all about going up/staying up/ consoludation ----------------blah naffing blah" Oxford get Man Utd at home in next round.

• Options
    Wycombe, Luton, Yeovil, Hereford, Shrewsbury and Orient are amongst the world beaters who have knocked us out of the league cup in the last 7-8 years. I have no doubt this fine run will continue this evening.
  • Options

A VERY reliable source has told me that Pigott and Church will start up top. Pigott is the only u21 who is starting, with a couple more on the bench, so the team will be quite strong I presume.

Probably with Green and Stephens in a 4 man midfield. Already sounding like the type of Charlton team that gets knocked out in the first round.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a strong team with a couple of youngsters thrown in. A midfield of Green, Gower, Cousins and Harriott with Kerm and Piggot up front, for example.
  • Options

i hope its a strong team for those that make the effort.

Pope
    Wilson
    Cort
    Evina

Green
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Cook

Piggot
    Church

Sordell, Dervite, Hammer, Harriet, Gower-----must have a strong bench

go all out for a win.

1 all loose on pens----------------then the usual bollox about "its all about going up/staying up/ consoludation ----------------blah naffing blah" Oxford get Man Utd at home in next round.

That's the end of our cup run, ten men, no Goalie and the Pope at RB!? ;-)
  • Options
    4k home fans 450 oxford, 4500,
  • Options
    4500ish*
  • Options
    Any tickets left? :-)
  • Options

At home to a team 2 divisions below us represents a good chance to start a winning run. Hopefully just a few changes. 3 - 1 home victory.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone remember the 0-0 draw with Oxford at Selhurst which was arguably the most boring game ever played since football was invented? not sure there was a single shot on target.

of course tonight will be nothing like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sordell and Church will play for match fitness, with Yann and The Pig on the bench.
  • Options

At home to a team 2 divisions below us represents a good chance to start a winning run.

See my post at 1.29pm, most of those were 2 divisions below us. Wycombe were 3!
  • Options

At home to a team 2 divisions below us represents a good chance to start a winning run.

See my post at 1.29pm, most of those were 2 divisions below us. Wycombe were 3!
    I'm aware of our poor cup record. However our players are worthy of playing in the 2nd tier of English football (some could play at a higher level), our manager is more than capable of setting up the team to win and therefore I see no reason why we should not have a good chance of winning tonight.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

anyone remember the 0-0 draw with Oxford at Selhurst which was arguably the most boring game ever played since football was invented? not sure there was a single shot on target.

of course tonight will be nothing like that.

@Macronate - was that the evening game with about 10 men and a dog? Is so; yes I do remember it tho' I often try and forget....
  • Options
    yup, pretty sure it was.
  • Options
    looks like it was a re-arranged match if this was the one....image
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I get the impression that this is not going to be a sell out crowd. Any predictions? 5,254

4,500 bums on seats

75,031 announced on the big screen (if it's working tonight)

• Options
    Just to add to the pleasure - train delays through London Bridge due to signal failure. Half-hour delays reported at 1710. Will try to keep you updated.
  • Options

Just to add to the pleasure - train delays through London Bridge due to signal failure. Half-hour delays reported at 1710. Will try to keep you updated.

jubilee to north greenwich and bus it from there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!