Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Oxford Utd - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Church is unfit. He should come off the bench. Piggott in.
    We lose 0 - 1
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one 2-0 to them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    god knows with this one - after all its a cup match...but I'll stick my neck out and go for a 2-0 win for the addicks. I cant do the match thread as i'm on a late shift, so perhaps someone can step in for me. I'll be back Saturday for the Boro game.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options
    reckon we will nick this 3-2 we go 2 goals up then oxford get one back.we then lead 3-1 with 10 mins to go then oxford score again and we have to keep hoofing it clear for 5mins.
  • Options
    1-0 Oxford
  • Options
    Church needs game time so will definitely start. Sordell looked a bit short of match fitness too so I reckon they will both start. Not sure bout the rest and it doesn't really matter as we will lose anyway, probably after extra time and pens and I will get home about 1.30am again thoroughly cheesed off.
  • Options
    Covered End Junior's 1st game was at home to Oxford in The League Cup.

We lost on pens.

I expect the same to happen tomorrow :-)
  • Options
    Hamer
    Wilson Woods Cort Evina
    Green Stephens Hollands Harriott
    Yann Sordell

We will make a hard job of beating a team 2 divisions lower than us, but 2 late goals will make the scoreline look a comfortable 3 1.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Last summer, as usual, I was getting twitchy and couldn't wait for the new season to start. The first game, you'll remember, was home to Orient in the League Cup. When it went to extra-time I groaned - I wanted that rubbish to be over and done with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Last summer, as usual, I was getting twitchy and couldn't wait for the new season to start. The first game, you'll remember, was home to Orient in the League Cup. When it went to extra-time I groaned - I wanted that rubbish to be over and done with.

you was not alone.
  • Options
    Echoes of 2002, when I popped down to The Valley one fine evening to watch us get knocked out by this outfit on penalties!
    Our stupid cup form does annoy me, especially when we don't seem to like using home advantage (no change there!).
    Anyway, I am looking for a turnaround in this respect and think this time we will do it! Wembley beckons!!!
  • Options
    Surely we're due a cup run by now?
  • Options
    Big bet on Oxford to qualify. We don't bother with the cups
  • Options
    After years and years of cup embarrassment and equally years of saying never again I am finally taking my own advice and staying at home. Therefore I predict a very comfortable home win.
  • Options
    Pigott is starting with church
  • Options
    We should bearing in mind the strength of this league this season look to make sure we stay in the championship and avoid relegation. If we make the play offs we will have over achieved. we should look to go as far as we can in both cup competitions and field our strongest team ALWAYS.
  • Options
    I get the impression that this is not going to be a sell out crowd. Any predictions? 5,254
  • Options
    Will be a 1-0 win for us or them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wrap Kermy in cotton wool and play whoever
    21st or above is my priority for the season so anything else is a bonus
    3-1 Charlton and the "we're gonna win the League and League Cup" freak show can replace the "we're going down , we're going bust" fruits
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hamer
    Wilson Woods Cort Evina
    Yann Sordell

We will make a hard job of beating a team 2 divisions lower than us, but 2 late goals will make the scoreline look a comfortable 3 1.

I go with your prediction and team but swap Yann for Church
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to this.
    But then I'm an annoying optimist.
    I would like to see a couple of the kids get a go too.
    COYR!!!
  • Options
    pretty much a full strength squad I hope .. Oxford had a good win on Saturday and will be well up for this. Our cup record is embarrassing, we need a win to earn a few quid in the next rounds and to restore some cup credibility
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm going along tonight, deluded into thinking we may actually beat lower league opposition at home in the League Cup. That will wear off by 10pm and I'll remember that not a single soul at Charlton cares about this competition, fans included. Roll on Saturday.
  • Options
    Actually think we will win this one
  • Options

The Gafffer: "It's the League Cup you stupid old duffer"

Current arguments on who will be representing the AFKA household at this one
    Hurray !!

For the first time in 17 years, i finally won an argument.

Say hello to Mrs AFKA for me :-)

• Options

Hamer
    Wilson Woods Cort Evina
    Yann Sordell

Sorry to pull you up on this, but his name is Wood NOT Woods.

As a fellow Wood, I effin hate it when people address me as Woods. Why do people always want to add an 's' grrrr!

Mind you when I was younger everyone of course called me Woody including my teachers.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

• Options
    0-0 full time lose 5-4 on pens jacko missed pen and we all start to shit our pants
  • Options
    Good preview Henry.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm going for they agony of 0-0 and a penalty exit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!