Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wiggins to be sold?

WSSWSS
edited August 2013 in Rumours
Not purposely scaremongering, just keeping the threads on topic.

According to Airman, RW is to trying to be sold by the board to fund loans.

Comments

• I agree if true.
  • edited August 2013
    In the current squad I honestly believe Wiggins is one of the most comfortable and best players on the ball we have. I would be gutted if he went, however if it was to finance a move for Sordell, then as much as it pains me, I expect it would be worth it.
  • Not happy if true.
  • What sort of fee would we get ?

10 months on contract
    Last season hampered by injury

Is this just to shift his wages ?
  • Imagine if we sell Rhoys to finance Sordell and Sordell comes in and scores 10-12 up until January and Bolton then recall him......

Doubt we will get our money back on Wiggins. Last year of contract.
  • johnny73 said:

Not happy if true.

This times a hundred

• Bloody hell was on a high last night now I feel bit down only charlton can do this to you :-(
  • Moneyball comes to South East London if this information is correct of course.
  • Would seem bizarre to flog Wiggins to finance a loan. What's even more bizarre is getting someone in the door before someone goes out. I thought that wasn't an option this summer.

• Imagine if we sell Rhoys to finance Sordell and Sordell comes in and scores 10-12 up until January and Bolton then recall him......

If we pay a fee to loan sordell there won't be a recall option
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems like we are selling the family silver when the silver market is at its lowest, then borrowing some roulette chips for a year.
  • Rob62 said:

Imagine if we sell Rhoys to finance Sordell and Sordell comes in and scores 10-12 up until January and Bolton then recall him......

Staged payments. One upfront. One in January. They will put a recall in, equally if he gets crocked we'll want to send him back.
  • Its not a big deal imo as we have cover and isn't that what all teams do sell to fund

Let's just hope we get a good price
  • We've just sponsored him again so its forbidden to sell him
  • Quality player but his contract is up in less than a year and if he's not going to sign a new one or we're not able to offer an extension then selling him is the right thing to do.
  • Not ideal, but if it finances some strikers coming in then so be it. Evina is good enough to replace him imo.

Would also like to see one of Hollands or Stephens moved on to free up further finances for another winger. We have plenty of cover in the centre, and it would also give Cousins more of a chance.
  • not long on his contract left, last year he had injuries and we are potless. Not a strong position to be in is it? Still most clubs are selling clubs its just the need to and the value coming in that varies.
  • Disaster if it happens. I think Wiggins is just about our most valuable player both in terms of his on field contribution and his sales potential. At the very least we should be extending his contract so that if he does go we get a reasonable fee. I'd always thought he'd go to Everton when they sell Baines as he's their sort of budget range. Needs must when it comes to strikers but for my money we are a couple of sales (both full backs) away from a car crash. Wilson and Evina are simply not in the same class. I'd much rather flog off a few fringe players and the likes of Hollands and Stephens for the same sort of money/wage saving ands run with a smaller squad than flog Wiggy. I suspect 3 September is going to be an uncomfortable evening.
  • really hope this isnt true
  • Rob62 said:

Imagine if we sell Rhoys to finance Sordell and Sordell comes in and scores 10-12 up until January and Bolton then recall him......

Staged payments. One upfront. One in January. They will put a recall in, equally if he gets crocked we'll want to send him back.
    If there is indeed a recall option then I like the idea even less. Like AB says though, management is about making tough decisions. We are desperately short up front and wiggins is one of our best, and therefore most valuable players. Think we'll get a pittance compared to his true value tho, very little money changing hands at the moment, he was injured for a large part of last year, and he has only 10 months on his contract. I think he is worth millions, but can't see us getting 1m
  • Sponsored links:

• He has no resale value in ten months he is one of the eighteen that can leave for free

Shift now imo
  • Would be gutted think our full backs are the best areas of our team at the moment. We would probably only get about 500k too. Sell Stephens!
  • Can't we just have 1 day that we feel happy please.
  • Considering the financial situation, out of all our biggest assets I think he is the one I'd be least devastated about going.
  • If we are selling wiggins to fund anything it should be to retain key players and management on longer contracts NOT a loan signing, however good he may be.
  • Also the board may have sounded out players about new contracts and Wiggins may have indicated he is unlikely to sign. Probably not though.

CAFC at the moment is like a wife, it tries with all it's soul to ruin your mood.
  • I'd rather they try and shift Hollands or Stephens and give Cousins and Poyet some game time this year.
  • Rob62 said:

If we are selling wiggins to fund anything it should be to retain key players and management on longer contracts NOT a loan signing, however good he may be.

we need a striker or two, needs must. if this is the only way then so be it. Ceddy is good enough to step up to the plate.

• Airman is not the one to lie about things and not surprised by the board at all. Would be heartbroken if Wiggy goes... hes one of our best players and doesnt get as much credit as he should.
  • Rob62 said:

If we are selling wiggins to fund anything it should be to retain key players and management on longer contracts NOT a loan signing, however good he may be.

we need a striker or two, needs must. if this is the only way then so be it. Ceddy is good enough to step up to the plate.

In 10 months we will need a whole new team. Retaining as many of the first team on long term contracts has to be the priority
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!