Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Smith To Wombles on loan until Jan

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 14m
#cafc striker Michael Smith has signed for #afcwimbledon on loan until the start of January.

So that leaves us with 2

Comments

• Probably will become the next Mambo now...

However, a striker must be imminent otherwise why would Powell let him go?

could just be that he is not ready regardless of who we have/'nt got coming in.

could just be that he is not ready regardless of who we have/'nt got coming in.
    Indeed.
    Powell must not think that Smith is ready/good enough.
  • Didn't he get loaned to League One last season? Worrying that he's dropped down a level.
  • OK . Another wage off the monthly bill so perhaps the opportunity to offer more to A N Other striker to tempt him to sign ?
  • It's hardly a surprise that he's out on loan, as he's been with us 2 years and not looked like becoming a first teamer.

A bit surprising to send him out now though, if Kermorgant was to pick up a knock between now and Saturday, he's the only replacement 'target man' on our books.
  • OK . Another wage off the monthly bill so perhaps the opportunity to offer more to A N Other striker to tempt him to sign ?

Not necessarily, we may still pay all or part wages, whilst he gets experience.

• Smith starts for Wimbledon today. He's been given the #9 shirt (Not that it means much).
  • edited September 2013
    Goal yesterday against Fleetwood. His second league goal this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2013
    ...... and in the Football League Paper's Div 2 team of the week.

• Described by his manager as "unplayable".
  • Good to know. Hope he does enough to get a chance here in the new year.
  • On a hat trick against York
  • Nice one Moaty
  • Played Smudger.
  • Really thought he'd turn out to be nothing more than a lanky non-league player. Starting to look like a great peice of business now.

Ooh, I do love a nice slice of humble pie every now & then.............................
  • edited September 2013
    Scored a tap in and a decent lob.
  • "Smith is a revelation" according to one poster.

http://www.wupgb.co.uk/
  • Sponsored links:

• They certainly seem to like him (and our old boy Pell)

"Michael Smith is a star and apparently Harry Pell was superb."

"Michael Smith's signing is our Robin Van Persie moment. I just hope we can keep him for the second half of the season"

"With Sturridge injured and Wellbeck suspended on Tuesday night is it too late for Smithy to get a call?"
  • Glad he's doing well, hopefully he can come back and give piggott some competition for a place on the bench.
  • "Wazza - fucking mental - i was telling my Nigerian Chelsea supporting mate today that Micheal Smith is "The White Drogba""
  • Blimey he absolutely destroys the CB for the first goal!!
  • Bless his cotton socks !!!
  • Chris Smith according to the bloke on SSN!
  • I've always thought he's been decent and this loan looks like its doing him the world of good. Top stuff Smithy.
  • "And Michael Smith is the league's white Drogba."

"Loved Smith today, just bullied their defenders for 90 minutes!"

"Fenlon, Luke and Smith stood out for me"

"Sammy Moore and Smith were definitely superb today"

"Nice first goal by Smith, just holds the defenders off like they were a pair of 5 year olds."

"So would you be willing for us to pay a record transfer fee to bring Smith to KM on a permanent deal? If we were able to make the deal happen."

"Smith is a revelation, I hope we can extend his loan for the season!"

"I hope Smith will stay for the whole season, would be gutted if he had to go."

"With Sturridge injured and Wellbeck suspended on Tuesday night is it too late for Smithy to get a call?"
  • Who needs Obika