Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kick It Out meeting with Clark Carlise, the current Chairman of the PFA.

Yesterday before the Embrace diversity....and build your winning team event at 7 Bedford Row, WC1R London, where I updated Spurs supporter Paul Eeles the Senior Civil Clerk, and Simeon Maskrey QC who is Head of Chambers at 7 Bedford Row http://www.7br.co.uk/barristers-and-staff-profiles/simeon-maskrey-qc.asp with regard to my own critical Old Addeyans FC case for the defence against police backed NF/BNP entry-ism into London's Sporting/Planning Arena 1991-2013, I spoke to Clarke Carlisle, the current Chairman of the PFA.

I told Clarke, how after 42 years we had finally, recently broken the critical FARE story of the former Charlton Athletic Le Havre Tour player Ben Odeje, who in 1971 became the first black footballer to play for England at any level http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22648085 . I recommended to Clark that he speak to Ben Odeje, and Marc Ashdown the BBC News reporter who produced the news item, as Ben's story is critical to South East London's wider fight for JUSTICE NOT VENGEANCE.

At the end of our brief interaction Clark Carlise saluted me.

Comments

• What sort of salute?
  • A genuine 'hat tip' I think it's called :-)
  • Good work Roy.
  • Thank you.
  • What is "police backed NF/BNP entry-ism" when it's at home?
  • Off_it said:

What is "police backed NF/BNP entry-ism" when it's at home?

Mate you have to have a little think before you post sometimes.
  • Seen Clarke Carlisle on TV a couple of times, an absolutely fantastic speaker and a gentleman of a man. His documentary on depression in football was genuinely moving, especially given his own issues.
  • se9addick said:

Off_it said:

What is "police backed NF/BNP entry-ism" when it's at home?

Mate you have to have a little think before you post sometimes.
    Sorry, but I genuinely don't understand. Must've missed something I guess, but I don't know what that means.

• I'm with off-it what is the story behind those words

Thanks. Glad it's not just me. I feel like I've walked into a play halfway through, but nobody has told me the plot or that a play was even going on in the first place!
  • Sponsored links:

• +1 Offy. I don't know what any kind of entryism is. Sorry if that's offended anyone.
  • I'm sure Roy will explain but hopefully in simple layman's terms so we can understand
  • Off_it said:

I'm with off-it what is the story behind those words

Thanks. Glad it's not just me. I feel like I've walked into a play halfway through, but nobody has told me the plot or that a play was even going on in the first place!

you're not alone. I think the lack of responses to Roys posts show that there is quite a bit of head scratching going on.

Also im with Off-it

• I find it all a bit weird to be honest. I'm sure Roy's intentions are good and the cause is of course to be commended but I just find it all a bit crazy.
  • Excellent work, Roy. The intelligence and dignity of Clarke Carlisle always reminds me of our own Chrissy Powell, who of course also did much good work for the PFA.
  • Clarke Carlisle is, indeed, an impressive man. I posted elsewhere what a breath of fresh air he is as a TV pundit and how he is a world away from the poor performances and mangled English of the likes of Andy Townsend.
    I think I'm right in saying that the Chair of the PFA has to be a current player and Clarke retired from playing this summer. I hope the PFA can find a good replacement as he and Chris are going to be hard acts to follow.
  • cafcfan said:

Clarke Carlisle is, indeed, an impressive man. I posted elsewhere what a breath of fresh air he is as a TV pundit and how he is a world away from the poor performances and mangled English of the likes of Andy Townsend.
    I think I'm right in saying that the Chair of the PFA has to be a current player and Clarke retired from playing this summer. I hope the PFA can find a good replacement as he and Chris are going to be hard acts to follow.

There was a rather touching vignette at the AFC Wimbledon game last week. Chris Powell was standing by the dug-out when a line of Wimbledon reserves trooped past along the touchline: Powell affectionately touched one of them on the shoulder, and he turned and grinned in acknowledgement. Someone Powell had helped or advised during his tenure at the PFA? I feel sure he is liked and respected throughout the game.

• Sponsored links:

• Thanks Curb_it for the link. I note that Roy claims that the new DPP is a QC and 'represented the Lawrence family...' Alas neither is true. The new DPP is Alison Saunders who is a barrister who joined the Crown Prosecution Service in 1986 and apart from a stint in the Attorney General's office has remained in government employ since. She is not a QC (Queen's counsel.) As a government employee she would not have been permitted to 'represent' those in such a campaign. Here is her CV http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/new_director_of_public_prosecutions_appointed/

I hope Roy's other assertions are more accurate but he comes across to me as obsessed by something (the 'entryism stuff) which appears to be vague and of little interest to most others. He doesn't seem to be having much success getting his complaints taken seriously.

As for CC, I side with the others who have posted positive comments about him.
  • Thank you everybody for your comments. I use library PCs so I don't get much time to respond to everything which appears.

@Curb_It Excellent work, the two links that you have provided reveal exactly what NF/BNP entry-ism in London's Sporting/Planning Arena 1991-2013 means to me, and how it has affected my life since discovering that the odious BNP leadership were being allowed to hold their malevolent meetings at the Old Addeyans FC/Densitron International PLC clubhouse development

@legaladdick thank you for clearing up the issue regarding the new DPP (does she start work in October?), I repeated what I thought I heard on a BBC Radio London 94.9 broadcast on Tuesday, July 23rd 2013 i.e Today I have received a related letter from Bexleyheath Police Station, and I have also heard on the radio that we have a new woman QC as head of the CPS who represented the Lawrence Family in their fight for JUSTICE NOT VENGEANCE, and on the same radio broadcast it was also announced that Nicholas Jacobs (44) has been charged with the murder of PC Keith Blakelock some 28 years after his murder on Broadwater Farm in Tottenham.

I did receive a letter from Bexleyheath Police on Tuesday which I have since referred to the IPCC. The IPCC have already upheld my associated appeal against the non-recording of my complaint against the Met Commissioner of Police Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, by Stephen Greenhalgh the Deputy Mayor for Policing & Crime, which is an amazing groundbreaking success, which as usual with such a piece of work has left everybody scratching their heads, and wondering what to do next. John Austin the former MP for Erith & Thamesmead, and leader of Greenwich Council can confirm that we have already defeated both the IPCC, and the Office of the Met Commissioner at Judicial Review before the Hon Mr Justice Goldring in the RCJ on the 28th February 2007, and that the Home Secretary and the former Police Minister Nick Herbert turned down our request to discuss this Thames Gateway, City Challenge FOOTBALL AGAINST RACISM IN EUROPE legal case development.

I think it's extremely unfair therefore for you to say that I don't seem to be having much success getting my complaints taken seriously.

My individual fight for justice has certainly been the totally consuming, but that goes with the territory.

I do hope you agree that getting Ben Odeje's story told after 42 years of selective silence is a GREAT SUCCESS indeed.
  • My head hurts
  • I do hope this thread isn't hijacked by the usual few and that Roy's fight it backed to the hilt . I'm sure it will.
  • Strange.
  • Roy , Laymens terms please .

Make it simple for me please

Are you puttin up a battle against the fact the police knew and alllowed the NF/BNP to use Old Addeys clubhouse as a meet a good few years back ?
  • i thought it was about Charlton and Clarke Carlisle ??????????????????
  • I'm sure what you are doing in full of merit, and I'm sure all of the above makes complete sense,

But to me, with obviously not a high enough IQ, you just come across as a bit of a nut. I suspect that's just me.

All the best though.
  • edited July 2013
  • Roy said:

Thank you everybody for your comments. I use library PCs so I don't get much time to respond to everything which appears.

@Curb_It Excellent work, the two links that you have provided reveal exactly what NF/BNP entry-ism in London's Sporting/Planning Arena 1991-2013 means to me, and how it has affected my life since discovering that the odious BNP leadership were being allowed to hold their malevolent meetings at the Old Addeyans FC/Densitron International PLC clubhouse development

@legaladdick thank you for clearing up the issue regarding the new DPP (does she start work in October?), I repeated what I thought I heard on a BBC Radio London 94.9 broadcast on Tuesday, July 23rd 2013 i.e Today I have received a related letter from Bexleyheath Police Station, and I have also heard on the radio that we have a new woman QC as head of the CPS who represented the Lawrence Family in their fight for JUSTICE NOT VENGEANCE, and on the same radio broadcast it was also announced that Nicholas Jacobs (44) has been charged with the murder of PC Keith Blakelock some 28 years after his murder on Broadwater Farm in Tottenham.

I did receive a letter from Bexleyheath Police on Tuesday which I have since referred to the IPCC. The IPCC have already upheld my associated appeal against the non-recording of my complaint against the Met Commissioner of Police Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, by Stephen Greenhalgh the Deputy Mayor for Policing & Crime, which is an amazing groundbreaking success, which as usual with such a piece of work has left everybody scratching their heads, and wondering what to do next. John Austin the former MP for Erith & Thamesmead, and leader of Greenwich Council can confirm that we have already defeated both the IPCC, and the Office of the Met Commissioner at Judicial Review before the Hon Mr Justice Goldring in the RCJ on the 28th February 2007, and that the Home Secretary and the former Police Minister Nick Herbert turned down our request to discuss this Thames Gateway, City Challenge FOOTBALL AGAINST RACISM IN EUROPE legal case development.

I think it's extremely unfair therefore for you to say that I don't seem to be having much success getting my complaints taken seriously.

My individual fight for justice has certainly been the totally consuming, but that goes with the territory.

I do hope you agree that getting Ben Odeje's story told after 42 years of selective silence is a GREAT SUCCESS indeed.

I do worry about people like you