Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tottenham get a bye 1st game of season...

13»

Comments

• Options

When you go back to the most memorable game thread There wernt many who said prem fixtures bar the villa game in 99

Most of them were pre 1998 weren't they? Expectations were very different then, we got excited by wins over Millwall and a 1-0 win at Blackburn. Not sure we ever will again.

There were some very memorable games in the Prem. 5-0 wins over Southampton and Citeh, 4-3 at Villa, 3-3 home to Utd, 4-2 at Arsenal, 2-2 against Palace (sha la la), etc. I think we're glossing over the last 5 years a little, which have frankly been truly humbling. The good thing is that our expectations have settled down a little, hoping for promotion but expecting a decent mid-table. This means that wins mean that little bit more, and therefore the games have more on them.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Was going to add maybe its an age thing? You can spend twenty-odd years up and down the country, young, free and relatively single enjoying the delights of the towns and cities of England, it don't really matter about the football and you do feel like you are making a 'journey' with the players.

When you are a bit older for various reasons, you can't carrying on spunking your cash on football weekends away, you have made the journey with the team and want to see players that can pass to each other for the cash you spend.

Bring on Bournemouth

I bet you still moan when we win there :-)

It's probably because you still support the Hamsters at heart :-)
  • Options

MLS said:

MLS said:

Well personally i want to see us play the best and be the best we can be.

If some want to see us play a third tier club punching above their weight for the sake of a bit seaside then Fair play.

The Premier League is everything that's wrong with modern football. The money, the "fans" etc.

I'd rather pay £20 to watch us play and have a decent weekend away with my mates than sit and watch my team get thumped by a load of foreign twats.

As The Organiser said, some of the trips we've had playing these "third tier clubs punching above their weight" have far surpassed those when we were in the Prem.
    So you will be sitting in the other end if we get to the play off final?

Didn't think so.
    Obviously not and that's not the point. But, from the sound of it, you'd rather be at Selhurst Park on the opening day.

The point is, I don't give two shits who we are playing, I'll still support them. But, I'd take a weekend in Bournemouth over a trip to North London any day of the week.
    No i would rather be in the premier league on the opening day as was my original point that continues to be missed.

your point keeps changing. Are you anti Premier league or just want a beer up?

" i don't wanna see my team get thumped by foreign twats" and " the premier league is whats wrong with modern football, the money, the fans"

You slagged of the premier league but if we needed a point against blackpool at the end of the season to finish second and we achieved it would you take part in the celebrations? Of course you would.

Because after you strip down all the bullshit, thats our goal and it will be our goal every time we take to the field. Thats why this " i don't want Premier league football" argument is utterly flawed.
    My point hasn't changed, I don't like modern football (premier league sums it up) and I want a beer up. Surely I'm allowed to do both simultaneously?

Obviously I want to see Charlton do well and I'd support them if they were playing Man Utd or Morecambe. You're hypothetical situation has nothing to do with your argument.

Bournemouth away or Tottenham at home? For me, it's Bournemouth every time.
  • Options
    MLS said:

MLS said:

MLS said:

Well personally i want to see us play the best and be the best we can be.

If some want to see us play a third tier club punching above their weight for the sake of a bit seaside then Fair play.

The Premier League is everything that's wrong with modern football. The money, the "fans" etc.

I'd rather pay £20 to watch us play and have a decent weekend away with my mates than sit and watch my team get thumped by a load of foreign twats.

As The Organiser said, some of the trips we've had playing these "third tier clubs punching above their weight" have far surpassed those when we were in the Prem.
    So you will be sitting in the other end if we get to the play off final?

Didn't think so.
    Obviously not and that's not the point. But, from the sound of it, you'd rather be at Selhurst Park on the opening day.

The point is, I don't give two shits who we are playing, I'll still support them. But, I'd take a weekend in Bournemouth over a trip to North London any day of the week.
    No i would rather be in the premier league on the opening day as was my original point that continues to be missed.

your point keeps changing. Are you anti Premier league or just want a beer up?

" i don't wanna see my team get thumped by foreign twats" and " the premier league is whats wrong with modern football, the money, the fans"

You slagged of the premier league but if we needed a point against blackpool at the end of the season to finish second and we achieved it would you take part in the celebrations? Of course you would.

Because after you strip down all the bullshit, thats our goal and it will be our goal every time we take to the field. Thats why this " i don't want Premier league football" argument is utterly flawed.
    My point hasn't changed, I don't like modern football (premier league sums it up) and I want a beer up. Surely I'm allowed to do both simultaneously?

Obviously I want to see Charlton do well and I'd support them if they were playing Man Utd or Morecambe. You're hypothetical situation has nothing to do with your argument.

Bournemouth away or Tottenham at home? For me, it's Bournemouth every time.

I think we are missing each other's points now to be honest.
  • Options
    We'll call it truce, see you at Bournemouth!