Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tottenham get a bye 1st game of season...

Comments

• Options
    All I said was 3 points for Tottingham, didn't mention the P word...
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Where has his finger been is more the questio n VG

Surely that finger under nose is for the smell my bird approach

Well he is a Palarse fan...

se9addick said:

Why is it "sad" or "embarrassing" to have threads that poke fun at your rivals ?

Its à bit pathetic this thread.

"Ha ha, you're playing spurs. We'd much rather be playing bournemouth"

At least wait until there us something to take the piss about.
    I would rather be playing Bournemouth than Spurs though , nice trip to the south coast in the summer sun.

A day in the Sun? Thats not for certain :-)
  • Options

se9addick said:

Why is it "sad" or "embarrassing" to have threads that poke fun at your rivals ?

I would much rather be playing Bournemouth than Tottenham and I'm sure the majority would agree
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    MLS said:

se9addick said:

I would much rather be playing Bournemouth than Tottenham and I'm sure the majority would agree
    My point is being missed like a waddle penalty.

Are you saying the excitement of playing a top Premier league side at the valley actually in the premier is better than playing bournemouth?!

Ridiculous. Totally ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Freak show

How anyone can try and kid theirselves that they'd rather be playing Bournemouth than Tottenham is beyond a joke

I mean there's 6 weekends you can get to Bournemouth for for a piss up laugh etc before the season starts, when there'll be a load more blokes in town for a booze up and bars/clubs etc get a bit more funny about letting lads in ...

Give me palaces fixture list over ours all day long

I mean it started with our relegation from the Prem when all the cringey bullshit about going down not being a bad thing for us etc
    Weird just weird
  • Options
    Oohaah just remember....at least it's not millwall
  • Options
    *Deep breaths*

cheers Gary

*and relax*
  • Options
    Who goes to Bournmouth during the summer holidays? It isn't the 1960s any more.

I would prefer to go there than to play Spurs at home. You must be flabbergasted that some people prefer non-league to league football.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I was talking football. Not going out on the piss.

If we had gone up we would be laughing at palace having bournemouth.
  • Options

it may not be pc but is that a `special' outing.
    Looks like at least three of this lot should not be going anywhere, whether or not for the first game of the season against Spurs, and before they have made urgent visits to the dentist followed by a series of trips to the orthodontist and dental hygienist.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a day out for football - Bournmouth away all day long over Spurs at home zzzzz. The Prem is shite, expensive, predictable and our away support becomes full of even more numptys.
  • Options

As a day out for football - Bournmouth away all day long over Spurs at home zzzzz. The Prem is shite, expensive, predictable and our away support becomes full of even more numptys.

couldnt of put it any better
  • Options
    Bournemouth away weekender is simply brilliant. Anyone who has done it before will know that is a more exciting fixture than any regular home game in the Premier League.
  • Options
    "9 goals went past Julian".
  • Options
    Well personally i want to see us play the best and be the best we can be.

If some want to see us play a third tier club punching above their weight for the sake of a bit seaside then Fair play.
  • Options
    I just want to see my team with my mates. Who we are playing and what league we are is is pretty irrelevant to me.

I enjoyed winning 2-0 at Sheff U two years ago as much as winning at Anfield for example.
  • Options

I just want to see my team with my mates. Who we are playing and what league we are is is pretty irrelevant to me.

I enjoyed winning 2-0 at Sheff U two years ago as much as winning at Anfield for example.

Fair enough. Well put.
  • Options

If some want to see us play a third tier club punching above their weight for the sake of a bit seaside then Fair play.

The Premier League is everything that's wrong with modern football. The money, the "fans" etc.

I'd rather pay £20 to watch us play and have a decent weekend away with my mates than sit and watch my team get thumped by a load of foreign twats.

As The Organiser said, some of the trips we've had playing these "third tier clubs punching above their weight" have far surpassed those when we were in the Prem.
  • Options
    MLS said:

The Premier League is everything that's wrong with modern football. The money, the "fans" etc.

I'd rather pay £20 to watch us play and have a decent weekend away with my mates than sit and watch my team get thumped by a load of foreign twats.

AsThe Organiser said, some of the trips we've had playing these "third tier clubs punching above their weight" have far surpassed those when we were in the Prem.
    proper made me laugh that.
  • Options
    MLS said:

As The Organiser said, some of the trips we've had playing these "third tier clubs punching above their weight" have far surpassed those when we were in the Prem.
    So you will be sitting in the other end if we get to the play off final?

Didn't think so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the fact that we've been there, done that, come down and down again, means we've had a taste of it all in the last few years.

Lower league football isn't as bad as we thought and reminded us of 'real football'.

Championship football has a good balance of real fans, old grounds and decent football.

However, I wanna see Charlton play the best and if I said I'm not bothered about us not playing at Old Trafford, The Emirates and Anfield then id be lying.

I wanna see us back in the prem soon.
  • Options

I think the fact that we've been there, done that, come down and down again, means we've had a taste of it all in the last few years.

Lower league football isn't as bad as we thought and reminded us of 'real football'.

Championship football has a good balance of real fans, old grounds and decent football.

However, I wanna see Charlton play the best and if I said I'm not bothered about us not playing at Old Trafford, The Emirates and Anfield then id be lying.

I wanna see us back in the prem soon.

Spot on.
  • Options

Freak show

How anyone can try and kid theirselves that they'd rather be playing Bournemouth than Tottenham is beyond a joke

I mean there's 6 weekends you can get to Bournemouth for for a piss up laugh etc before the season starts, when there'll be a load more blokes in town for a booze up and bars/clubs etc get a bit more funny about letting lads in ...

Give me palaces fixture list over ours all day long

I mean it started with our relegation from the Prem when all the cringey bullshit about going down not being a bad thing for us etc
    Weird just weird

Spot on. It may have a been a laugh for some but being in Division 3 was terrible for the club and the football was pants. I was more relieved to get out it rather than ecstatic than we won the thing. We should have never have been in that league (not because of our size really but cos what we achieved and at speed totally f***ked it up).

I remember when we won at Hartlepool, a friend of mine and regular CL poster was really excited whilst my other mate and I were thinking 'has it really come to this?'.

I didn't go the the blades away but doubt very much that it would have bought a tear to my eye like winning at Anfield after the '50th' attempt

Of course if I'd have made Rochdale away after two failed attempts that may have been better than Anfield.
  • Options
    I only want to see Charlton go as high as they can, always. Yes it is not much fun seeing us lose 4-0 or so at poxy Chelsea, paying probably £60 to see it and having lots of empty seats around. But if you don't aspire to do better you will forever be toiling in the Championship. If we never won that play off we may have crowds less than Smallwall now. If we were stuck in League 1 or worse again we would become a smaller club. At Welling in a few weeks all I will be hoping is that I can see signs of a promotion season ahead. Top six would be so good.
  • Options
    Was going to add maybe its an age thing? You can spend twenty-odd years up and down the country, young, free and relatively single enjoying the delights of the towns and cities of England, it don't really matter about the football and you do feel like you are making a 'journey' with the players.

When you are a bit older for various reasons, you can't carrying on spunking your cash on football weekends away, you have made the journey with the team and want to see players that can pass to each other for the cash you spend.

Bring on Bournemouth
  • Options
    Football gets in the way of a fucking good dayout

It can ruin your weekend and although winning is great sometimes i could stay in theboozer than go to the game regardless of the result

When you go back to the most memorable game thread

There wernt many who said prem fixtures bar the villa game in 99
  • Options

MLS said:

Didn't think so.
    Obviously not and that's not the point. But, from the sound of it, you'd rather be at Selhurst Park on the opening day.

The point is, I don't give two shits who we are playing, I'll still support them. But, I'd take a weekend in Bournemouth over a trip to North London any day of the week.
  • Options
    Would I rather go Bournemouth than North London?...yes.

Would I rather see Charlton playing Bournemouth than Spurs?...no.

It's all about whats greater for you. The football experience or the social experience.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    MLS said:

MLS said:

Didn't think so.
    Obviously not and that's not the point. But, from the sound of it, you'd rather be at Selhurst Park on the opening day.

The point is, I don't give two shits who we are playing, I'll still support them. But, I'd take a weekend in Bournemouth over a trip to North London any day of the week.
    No i would rather be in the premier league on the opening day as was my original point that continues to be missed.

your point keeps changing. Are you anti Premier league or just want a beer up?

" i don't wanna see my team get thumped by foreign twats" and " the premier league is whats wrong with modern football, the money, the fans"

You slagged of the premier league but if we needed a point against blackpool at the end of the season to finish second and we achieved it would you take part in the celebrations? Of course you would.

Because after you strip down all the bullshit, thats our goal and it will be our goal every time we take to the field. Thats why this " i don't want Premier league football" argument is utterly flawed.
  • Options

Would I rather go Bournemouth than North London?...yes.

Would I rather see Charlton playing Bournemouth than Spurs?...no.

It's all about whats greater for you. The football experience or the social experience.

I'd choose Bouremouth given that choice :)