Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Obika (would be) a brilliant addition to the squad?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Is this "done deal" then? I haven't read about it anywhere else!
  • Options
    nope title misleading
  • Options
    He knows where the goal is and has a confident hard shot, I hope we see more if him.
  • Options
    Based on this, he was our best goalscorer last season. I'd certainly welcome him back.

• Options
    Knocked on SCP door and wanted to play. Scored goals. I thought we would all want him back on a perm. He will get better with games and understanding. Would be a great signing as far as I am concerned. Much better than Haynes in my opinion.
  • Options
    I like the song more than i like the player. Obi Obi OKIKA!
  • Options
    I'd have much rather we gambled and got Dale Jennings (250k) if we're willing to spend money. Wouldn't be disappointed if he came here for a small fee but if we're going to pay a large chunk of our budget I feel there are better options, even putting the money into wages to tempt some free agents.

Part of me still wonders why Spurs want a fee for him. Levy is known to be very tight but for someone who isn't considered *that* young and hasn't got a wealth of Championship experience you'd think he'd just get him off the wage bill. Highly doubt we'll put up more than 250k and that is genuinely nothing to spurs. They probably paid more than 4x that for Paulinho's agent.
  • Options
    Top scorer in the reserve league. Scored a hat trick against Man utd. Must be shit
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Obika's got to be worth the money - he's not even Charltonised yet.

• Options
    Small upront fee, then rest on appearances sounds good. He certailnly looked very promising to me from what I saw of him last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the song should be...
    (To the tune of O bla di bla da)

Obika, Obika, scoring goals, whaoh!
    Obika scoring goals
  • Options

Am I the only one who thinks Obika is ridiculously overhyped on here? If it were not for the two late goals he'd be a total nothing-merchant

If he'd played a whole season and thats all he'd done then you might have a point but as stig pointed out, look at his goals to minutes ratio. He can't score when he's not playing.
  • Options
    I think he's a confidence player, those goals and THAT song (huge kudos to @Plaaayer) made him feel wanted and important. Hopefully that and CP's management skills if he joins will only benefit us.
  • Options
    Davies to Preston Ngoo to Yovil i would have taken both of those at the moment.
  • Options
    Can't understand why anyone would have a downer on him. He has potential and could be an important goalscorer for us. I hope we get him, but don't have to part with lots of cash to do so - after all, Spurs are swimming in it!
  • Options

Am I the only one who thinks Obika is ridiculously overhyped on here? If it were not for the two late goals he'd be a total nothing-merchant

If Messi didn't have legs he'd be rubbish
  • Options

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
  • Options
    If moneys too tight to mention, Can't we just sign him on a season long loan, rather than buying him?
  • Options
    edited July 2013

If moneys too tight to mention, Can't we just sign him on a season long loan, rather than buying him?

I think this was mentioned before/in another thread - and to me it sounds like the right idea. Naturally though, Spurs would probably prefer to get him off their wage bill completely - and with some £££ in return. Combined with the fact his performances with us (and in the reserve league) have probably opened up the possibility of other clubs coming in.

That said, I'd rather have him nailed down as "our player" and not have to worry about one of our main senior strikers being taken away on a whim.

Also, Here's the obligatory....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrUB0g8Vjgg
  • Options
    Stig said:

Based on this, he was our best goalscorer last season. I'd certainly welcome him back.

Based on stats like that, David Nugent is Englands best ever goalscorer with 1 goal every minute on the pitch!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Though he scored some important goals towards the end of last season, I'm not really convinced he is a player that is worth us spending hundreds of thousands on. No real traits stood out...

He had a bit of pace, but nothing that most Championship defenders can't handle (unlike Danny Haynes).
    His touch and control was pretty average.

I'd have him down as an average player who I would be welcome to have back on loan.

That's pretty much how I feel. He's highly regarded at Spurs, but I haven't seen enough of him to be convinced. Good late goals for us, of course....

• Options
    Stig said:

I know these sorts of stats only tell part of the story, but the bit of that table that caught my eye was how poor Dale Stephens' goals vs minutes stat is.
  • Options

Stig said:

I know these sorts of stats only tell part of the story, but the bit of that table that caught my eye was how poor Dale Stephens' goals vs minutes stat is.
    Still 3.5 times as good as Solly... ;)

In all seriousness though, that table is pretty good. Shows just how effective Haynes and Kermo were last year, as well as Jackson.

Was pretty surprised to see Hulse compared to Fuller though.
  • Options
    So in other words Spurs want to see if anybody will offer money for him before he gets a chance to come to us on a free.