Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Obika (would be) a brilliant addition to the squad?

edited July 2013 in General Charlton
He scores goals. He's fast. I like him.

Comments

• Options
    he's not an addition yet is he?
  • Options
    Who's this Obika lad? not seen him mentioned on this site.
  • Options
    Obika might be an alternative to a Cup.
  • Options
    Brilliant might be stretching it a bit
  • Options
    Loan or free yes money no thanks.
  • Options
    Rated him
    So a yes from me
  • Options
    Seems okay to me - hope he signs.
  • Options
    No thanks
  • Options
    Glimpses of talent, bit of gamble, hope we don't spend our "small" budget on him, happy with loan for another year.
  • Options
    Yes. He has a number of attributes....,seemingly good attititude, decent pace, decent touch, good in the air, takes up good positions in the box. I see great potential but I suspect, so do other clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually think given a run of games Obika could be a very good Championship striker he seems to have improved a lot over the last few years so I'd like us to get him permanently.
  • Options
    Never mind all this , his full name is Jonathan 'Chiedozie' Obika!!
  • Options
    I thought the partnership he built up with Yann was very good. A bit rusty understandably when he came but he finished the season in great form after he got a few games under his belt. A definite yes and no brainer as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Scored three league goals for Charlton in the Championship despite not having much of a run out, two of them game winning goals, and he likes the club. Can't understand how anyone would turn down having him in the team, especially when we only have one striker
  • Options
    Didn't play enough to really judge but looked like he could do well at this level.

We're not going to be able to afford a proven Champ goalscorer, anyone we sign will most likely be an older player on the way down, someone that hasn't had a good season or younger player on the way up.

He seemed to work hard, had a bit of pace and strength, decent touch, not bad in the air and scored a few goals.

As one of 4/5 strikers competing for a place I think he'd be a good option. There's a player we can develop there and shouldn't be too expensive, he's not going to make it at Spurs.
  • Options
    Seems to score goals for us and as a striker that's not a bad habit
  • Options
    Wouldn't want him first choice. We'd be in trouble if he was expected to score our goals if kermy/jacko got injured/lost form
  • Options
    Even if he signs we still need another two.
  • Options
    Wouldn't say brilliant, passable maybe.
  • Options
    It's a yes from Fanny
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After he returned to the Spuds, at the end of his loan spell, he scored 3 goals in 2 games for their development squad.
    I don't think we should take it as a given that Spurs will let him go.
  • Options
    Be a good addition to the squad, needs to be a regular on the subs bench and be used on a regular basis if his game is to improve.
    Could well find himself a regular if things work out
  • Options
    I think he would be a good signing. Time will tell if he would be the goal getter we truly need but he has good movement and given a longer run i think could improve alot. Would prefer a permanent to loan as i feel permanents are more committed to the cause, but i wouldn't blow any huge chunk of any budget we have on one player.
  • Options
    impact. he scores goals late which stats will tell you is what we are missing
  • Options

Scored three league goals for Charlton in the Championship despite not having much of a run out, two of them game winning goals, and he likes the club. Can't understand how anyone would turn down having him in the team, especially when we only have one striker

This.
    I'm 100% we want him back, loan or perm, it just comes down to how Spurs see things.
  • Options

This.
    I'm 100% we want him back, loan or perm, it just comes down to how Spurs see things.
    I'm sure we want him and that spurs are prepared to sell him. But what it will come down to is money, for both spurs and obika

• Options
    Rob62 said:

This.
    I'm sure we want him and that spurs are prepared to sell him. But what it will come down to is money, for both spurs and obika

And us !

• Options
    Yes from me. Lets make him realize his potential
  • Options

After he returned to the Spuds, at the end of his loan spell, he scored 3 goals in 2 games for their development squad.
    I don't think we should take it as a given that Spurs will let him go.

In an earlier development game away at Man U he scored a hat trick.

• Options
    If he joins us and plays enough games, he'll get 15 goals next season, easily. His record stands up