Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

fifa confederation cup

Comments

• Options
    Neymar is extremely irritating. The fact that the spotlight is on him so much makes it even more cringeworthy.
  • Options
    Who won pls?
  • Options
    Brazil 2-1, last min goal
  • Options
    Thks
  • Options
    Nice to see Italy giving it to the tippy tappy midgets, unlucky to not be ahead.
  • Options
    You get the impression though, that they're going to live to regret their missed chances. Hopefully not.

The commentators' pronunciation of Candreva's name is annoying me.
  • Options
    Looking like Penalties
  • Options
    Pens it is
  • Options
    Oh dear Italy, bad record at pens continues
  • Options
    top class shootout. Spain just can't stop winning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When was the last time we saw a 7-6 on pens I wonder? ;)
  • Options

Oh dear Italy, bad record at pens continues

Still better than ours!
  • Options
    some absolutely incredible penalties. Just goes to show the gulf in class in technique that the top teams in the world have compared to English players
  • Options
    Spain played much better again without the striker!

Italy will be kicking themselves after the 1st half domination.

Quality penalties but one was always going to miss - was it a defender as well?
  • Options

When was the last time we saw a 7-6 on pens I wonder? ;)

We won a play-off (semi) by that score too..never felt so nervous.

Goodness knows how as generally we're hopeless at penalties!

• Options
    Not that I really buy the "footballers get knackered playing twice a welej the little loves" argument, but if I were an employer of Mata or Cazorla etc I'd be a bit worried about over-playing. These guys played the Euros last summer and will play the World Cup next year. Their clubs are back for Pre season training and they are still slogging away. Seems odd. But then again I don't buy the tiredness thing.........
  • Options
    Fantastic game of football. It's a great little tournament.
  • Options

Not that I really buy the "footballers get knackered playing twice a welej the little loves" argument, but if I were an employer of Mata or Cazorla etc I'd be a bit worried about over-playing. These guys played the Euros last summer and will play the World Cup next year. Their clubs are back for Pre season training and they are still slogging away. Seems odd. But then again I don't buy the tiredness thing.........

Mata played in the Olympics, last summer, too.
  • Options
    He will get 2 weeks off when it finishes or when Chelsea go on tour. Thats what most clubs do when their players have been on international duty.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Nice to see Italy giving it to the tippy tappy midgets

Just plain weird this view. This is exactly the prevailing attitude that has led us to win precisely doddlysquat for decades whereas Spain, even when they are not on top of their game, are not only several classes above pretty much everyone else but also converting good football into winning matches, even if they have to take it to penalties. They could have been taking pen's all night and you still knew that they wouldn't miss.

TBH I really hope you're not involved in coaching kids with that view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-0 Italy coming up to half time...................tad lucky goal but better team.
  • Options
    game on 1-1
  • Options
    2-1 Italy another diamanti free kick, thinks its the fella who was at west spam
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cavani lovely free kick 2-2
  • Options
    what channel is this on?
  • Options

what channel is this on?

Its online i think.
  • Options
    bbc is streaming it, choose sport/football at bbc.co.uk
  • Options
    In regards to Mata being overplayed that's just what he wants to do. He's been quoted in an interview saying how he wants to play as much football as he can before he retires as he'll have all the time he needs then. Quite a refreshing view really, seems to genuinely play football for the football. Also worth noting whilst his schedule is full of travelling for matches & training he is also continuing a business & marketing based degree.

But there is some merit to this resting argument I guess. After playing in both the Euros & Olympics Mata was pretty off the pace at the start of last season and Hazard pretty much carried. After he had around 4 games off though he came back and was pretty much unstoppable and continued that form for the rest of the season.

Uruguay Italy game was decent, think Italy did deserve it but that might be just my bias. Interesting to see the Italian based Uruguay players missed (Caceres, Gargano), that little extra knowledge definitely helped Buffon.
  • Options
    Who do people think is going to be be the winner tonight , Spain or Brazil?

I'm going for Spain by the odd goal.
  • Options
    If Spain play like they did against Italy I'm going for Brazil.... They wont miss as many chances. 2-0 Brazil.