Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

fifa confederation cup

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't it make you sick to hear Shearer talk about how passionate the Brazil players are . A Man who gave up international football for England to score more goals for the scabby Geordies . This has to be the last time we see Hanson and Shearer at the BBC.
  • Options

Doesn't it make you sick to hear Shearer talk about how passionate the Brazil players are . A Man who gave up international football for England to score more goals for the scabby Geordies . This has to be the last time we see Hanson and Shearer at the BBC.

If they can stick with Lawrenson after years of horrible commentary, they can stick with those two.
  • Options

If they can stick with Lawrenson after years of horrible commentary, they can stick with those two.
    Sadly your right.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

No not really.

30 goals in 63 games, captained his country 34 times and was part of one of England's greatest performances when we beat Holland 4-1 in Euro 96.

With all the shite and half hearted merchants this country has produced, I'd probably rank Alan Shearer quite a way off them.

He is a shit pundit tho
  • Options

In play £10 on Spain to win the trophy at 9/1

lol that went well
  • Options
    You have to hand it to Fred.
  • Options

lol that went well
    What price are they now lol
  • Options
    30/1 it looks like
  • Options
    edited June 2013

No not really.

30 goals in 63 games, captained his country 34 times and was part of one of England's greatest performances when we beat Holland 4-1 in Euro 96.

With all the shite and half hearted merchants this country has produced, I'd probably rank Alan Shearer quite a way off them.

He is a shit pundit tho
    That could have quite easily been 100 Games and 50 goals for England and he would have been an England legend . As it stands he is a legend in Newcastle and Newcastle alone .
  • Options
    uncle said:

lol that went well
    What price are they now lol
    Odds have gone on Bet365 for that bet, dont know why, but for Spain to win in ET is 33/1 and Spain on Pens is also 33/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here we go #clutchingatstraws
  • Options
    At least the whole 'Greatest team ever' talk can die down for a year or two.

Comeback on...
  • Options
    Spain have completely shit the bed tonight
  • Options

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Great tackle Pique
  • Options
    Proper English defending
  • Options
    Time to lay Brazil for the World Cup as their stock will be as high as it possibly could be at the moment.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or is that pitch a bit ropey looking?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lawro is a truly great commentator isn't he? Not understanding the hate on here...

Other commentator: 'They pronounce it Fredge' (referring to Fred I assume)
    Lawrenson: 'Looks like he's been in the Fredge'

You can't teach that
  • Options

Brazil are too open defensively to win the World Cup and with Luiz at CH ae always going to concede .

Great clearance by Luiz, shows what I know !

You're still right Large. Luiz is shite. Great clearance though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luiz is certainly not shite
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Luiz is certainly not shite

If he was good, people wouldn't keep talking about his "susceptibility to making mistakes". Just because he is tidy with the ball at his feet does not mean he's a good defender. He's crap.

If you know any Chelsea season ticket holders, ask them what they think of him.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

• Options
    I know Chelsea season ticket holders and they love him just think he needs to develop some consistency, he certainly isn't crap. On his day (which isn't once a blue moon) he is the best centre back in the world and if you watch him more than a couple of highlights on MOTD you'd see the progression he's already made.

He was excellent tonight and looks even better when forming a good understanding with a(nother) world class centre back. I agree that he always does keep you on your toes and needs to improve in concentration and general football understanding but apart from the likes of Chiellini, Silva, Hummels, Kompany and Vidic you'd struggle to name a lot of central defenders better than him. I haven't even mentioned what he gives you going forward too...
  • Options
    @valleygary

What with 'Robsons on her way out' and you lumping on Spain here, I look forward to following you in the new season on the betting thread !!!
  • Options

I think this Brazil team look great. I can see them walking it next year. No matter what their defensive frailties, they are excellent going forward, strong in midfield and have a nasty streak to them

I think the Germans have the defensive discipline to snuff out Brazil and at the same time exploit them at the back. Only problem is European teams don't have a great record in South America.

Will be a fascinating World Cup tho, this tournament has defo done a job in hyping it up.
    The Argies should put up a good fight too, they have an outstanding set of forwards to choose from and shouldnt mind playing in S. America! Italy are dark horses too, they have good team despite maybe having less stand out individuals.

I'm with Leroy though, Brazil have been surprisingly impressive and seem to thrive in the home atmosphere. Neymar has lived up to the hype too. They'll take some stopping if they play like this.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

@valleygary

What with 'Robsons on her way out' and you lumping on Spain here, I look forward to following you in the new season on the betting thread !!!

Charlton Athletic wont win the Championship ;-)
  • Options

I know it's a year away but I can't see Brazil winning their own WC with this team.

Really?

• Options
    That was worth staying up for. Thoroughly enjoyed the match. The niggly edge added to the occasion. Having Neymar to score 2nd @ 6-1 as my only bet was pleasing too. Bit shattered this morning though after a 5am boot sale start on Sunday. Yawwwnnnnnnnnnnn.
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant tournament. Shame we had to put up with BBC commentary for it, but better than ITV, I suppose.