Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Inverness Calley preseason friendly 27th July at home

edited June 2013 in General Charlton
Been told we're playing them on the 27th at home?

Comments

• Options
    Ah, I was hoping it was up there, would be a great pre-season
  • Options
    Blimey, that will really set the pulses racing!
  • Options
    Provisionally, i understand you may be right !
  • Options
    If true, no one can say we're not playing a big name team : - )
  • Options
    Tickets only available to Red card holders with a previous purchase history.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Ah, I was hoping it was up there, would be a great pre-season

Definitely.
  • Options
    Confirmed by ICT
  • Options
    We appear to be the highlight of their pre-season fixtures. That's a first...
  • Options
    Give me an I!
    Give me an N!
    Give me a V!
    Etc....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Super Cally go ballistic, Charlton are atrocious"

headlines on CL if we lose
  • Options

We appear to be the highlight of their pre-season fixtures. That's a first...

Well I reckon Keith has his hands full when he plays them.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Disappointing.

I was hoping for a slightly more glamorous side, perhaps the likes of a Motherwell or a Dundee or even a Partick Thistle.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Tickets only available to Red card holders with a previous purchase history.

Best post ever!

• Options

Disappointing.

I was hoping for a slightly more glamorous side, perhaps the likes of a Motherwell or a Dundee or even a Partick Thistle.

Second best post ever!
  • Options
    Is this a joke? cant see more than 2k turning up.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    Charlton will play @ICTFC at The Valley next month the club confirmed on Friday --> http://bit.ly/12tgYKo (JS) #cafc pic.twitter.com/ZFCRz2w5tG

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 35s
    Terry Butcher's men travel to SE7 in what will be our final friendly before the 2013/14 season kicks-off http://bit.ly/12tgYKo (JS) #cafc
  • Options
    Looking at Caley's pre-season, they're playing a team called "Clachnacuddin" - that's a fantastic name !
  • Options
    Would've rather had Dundee if it were to be a small Scottish team...
  • Options
    Has there been any kind of update on a potential event in memory of Lee Rigby? Thought it was a great idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Has there been any kind of update on a potential event in memory of Lee Rigby? Thought it was a great idea.

need to ask Steve.bradshaw@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Swap the game to Welling's ground and save the pitch......

or maybe a telephone box in Welling?
  • Options
    Well done the club on securing the visit of a top 4 club.
  • Options
    Find it a bit of a joke to be honest. What a shit game. We'd attract a bigger crowd if we invited Stevie Browns Ebbsfleet round for a kick about.

Still, I suppose it'll cut down the policing cost. 5 coppers to deal with a dozen drunk jocks and 20 home fans.

Underwhelmed hugely......................
  • Options
    Maybe I'm too easily pleased, but I'm just glad we will have a home friendly lined up now. And Cally won't be pushovers - scottish teams always want to win against the English so it should at least be a competitive match rather than a jolly kick-around. Plus it's a weekend oot in London for the sweaties so I reckon they'll bring a couple of hundred down. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Will I be able to get a ticket for this game?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Maybe I'm too easily pleased, but I'm just glad we will have a home friendly lined up now. And Cally won't be pushovers - scottish teams always want to win against the English so it should at least be a competitive match rather than a jolly kick-around. Plus it's a weekend oot in London for the sweaties so I reckon they'll bring a couple of hundred down. I'm looking forward to it.

I think ICT have more English players than Scottish !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Davo55 said:

I think ICT have more English players than Scottish !
    Don't matter mate, they become jocks when they play up there. Even Terry Butcher keeps a haggis or two up his kilt these days.
  • Options
    I actually think its a decent match up.

ICT finished 4th last season, 2pts off 3rd. If we were announcing Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc, who all finished lower that ICT, people would be pleased.

Its all about prep for the season. Top me there is more benefit playing a Scottish team that a more prestigious European 'name' that play a completely different style and tempo of football that what we do in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Inverness are a top SPL side now, hard working and well drilled. It'll be a great test for the players.