Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrews Sign Up For Second Year Sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks very much Brendan, we are up to 24 employees now and just took the plunge to open our 2nd office, bloody hard work. You never know one day it might be us on the shirt front.
  • Options
    So is this just another one-year shirt deal?
  • Options

Again this year I will not be purchasing any shirts etc with the sponsors logo on, well I do own a much better refrigeration and air conditioning company, so you can't expect me to advertise my opposition, can you? Plus they never invited me to any function last year either, after dropping many hints to their sale personnel.

Is your company larger or smaller than Andrews Sykes?
    Unfortunately a lot smaller on the AC side, Andrews make most of there money in hiring equipment both heating and cooling + pumps etc. my company is a very poor relation, but we are larger on the fridge side, mainly because they are intelligent and don't do it, we are a good old fashioned maintenance / contracting company.

To be fair and to take my tongue out of my cheek, they are a well run company with some great owners (bloody hell if I don't get an invite to there box now I really will be annoyed :-)) who are much to there West Midlands branch great annoyance are true Charlton fans. It nice to see our Cinderella industry getting some publicity.
    Mr F was a refrigeration /air con engineer for 50 years until he retired last November.

J & E Halls apprenticeship too.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Fanny, I was the first male in my family not to have worked at JandE Halls in over a 120 years, most the female side had worked there as well, my father was in charge of the foundry, my middle brother was a pattern maker and my eldest brother was a draughtsman / designer. Being a rebel without a clue I was determined not to work down there, which I achieved but I did play cricket for them for 25 years and somehow have worked in refrigeration for approaching 40 years, still know a lot of the old lads from Dartford and in fact have started to employ them. So it most likely that your husband know of my family, and perhaps even knows me. Still live in Dartford, up east hill. Got my Fellow of Institute of refrigeration by doing a thesis on my family history within the refrigeration industry, oh and some technical rubbish.

Almost cried yesterday when we interviewed an Aussie in Costa coffee at Dartford and I pointed out this was nearly the spot where my father used to light the furnace and in the winter when the sky went red I knew he would soon be home. Shame. Great local industry employee many generations of high skilled engineers where destroyed by foolish big business, makes my blood boil.

Sorry to be so off topic, but there ain't many of us old'ens about.
  • Options

Sunday league sponsor again. Funny.
  • Options

Thanks very much Brendan, we are up to 24 employees now and just took the plunge to open our 2nd office, bloody hard work. You never know one day it might be us on the shirt front.

Upbeats could use a second sponsor ;-)

• Options
    .........I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading posts about the merits (or otherwise) of air conditioning companies! Currently stabbing myself with needles to keep awake. I'm off to get myself a life now.
  • Options
    MOG - are you talking to yourself?? ;-)
  • Options
    I totally love the fact that they are our sponsor , local company done good . It's what our club is all about as far as I'm concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a good news story, better then the Football League who are struggling for title sponsor for the league from next season
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

The weird thing is I wouldn't mind if we had "Andrews Sykes" on our shirts, Its just the heating and air conditioning mixed with the template kit that makes it all look a bit Sunday league.

This.

I got the coach up to Bristol City, and when I got off and was waiting for a mate to meet me outside the little tescos, some guy walked up to me and said "Oh mate, thank god you've arrived... The heating has gone up the blink.".

I didn't have a clue what he was on about, then when it clicked he just laughed and walked off. Funny b*st*rd.
  • Options
    Local firm, and seem to be fans on the board. I really can't understand why anyone would have anything to moan about tbh. Cheers Andrew's for a second year.
  • Options
    I've got to be honest, I'd not heard of Andrews-Sykes this time last year. But I've been to several places with my work in the last year and seen there equipment about. Obviously it would have been about before that, but I'd never noticed. So in that sense of brand-recognotion, it seems that shirt sponsorship does work. Unfortunately I'm not in a position where I'm likely to be hiring heaters or air conditioners. If I was though, I'd now have a firm that would be my first port of call.

All credit to Andrews-Sykes for supporting Charlton. I wish them well.
  • Options
    Millwall have unveiled Prostate Cancer UK as their shirt sponsors. Quite a good kit to be fair and a nice gesture but they are still absolute scum.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options

Again this year I will not be purchasing any shirts etc with the sponsors logo on, well I do own a much better refrigeration and air conditioning company, so you can't expect me to advertise my opposition, can you? Plus they never invited me to any function last year either, after dropping many hints to their sale personnel.

Unfortunately a lot smaller on the AC side, Andrews make most of there money in hiring equipment both heating and cooling + pumps etc. my company is a very poor relation, but we are larger on the fridge side, mainly because they are intelligent and don't do it, we are a good old fashioned maintenance / contracting company.

To be fair and to take my tongue out of my cheek, they are a well run company with some great owners (bloody hell if I don't get an invite to there box now I really will be annoyed :-)) who are much to there West Midlands branch great annoyance are true Charlton fans. It nice to see our Cinderella industry getting some publicity.
    Why does it annoy their West Midlands branch? Did they want a different club to be sponsored?
  • Options
    Great gesture by Millwall.
  • Options
    I believe they rejected quite a relatively substantial offer from QuickQuid too.
  • Options
    looks like an old primary school kit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why does it annoy their West Midlands branch? Did they want a different club to be sponsored?
    Interviewed the MD and marketing Director for the next issue of Trust news.
    The MD is a fan of CAFC, and yes they do have there main base in the Midlands, but have had a connection with Charlton as an area for years.
    They are very supportive of CAFC as a 'brand', which sounds very corporate, but they like the way the club is part of the community, and the way the club works such as the community trust.
    Important as it is to have there name on the shirt, they maintain they will be a business partner of CAFC for the future. ( finances allowing)
    You can read this and more about the deal in the next issue of trust news. Personally I am glad we have a sponsor that is not just handing over a cheque for the tv exposure,
    and then pulls out or goes bust ( remember them) or a dubious betting syndicate, but some will just say show me the money.
    Both sides see this as a long term arrangement.
  • Options
    Friend or Defoe, yes, I was told that in there opinion it they should of have sponsored Wolves, obviously they didn't manage to convince the owner, our gain and well done to him.
  • Options
    Credit where it's due-great move by Millwall
  • Options
    They weren't too pleased when I explained about the 'curse', I went on to assure them it was an urban myth, not at all true, and how they had turned the corner with a lot fans now (as I dug myself out of the large hole I'd made) :D
  • Options
    Comment by SAM3110 "Suits them, both millwank and the sponsor's history is full of arseholes"
    People like me who have had prostate cancer can take a lot of offense from rather stupid inane comments that you have made.
  • Options
    Fair play to Millwall, you've got to give them immense credit for that.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Obviously an attempt by the owners/board to try and repair some of their bad/damaged reputation.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Obviously an attempt by the owners/board to try and repair some of their bad/damaged reputation.
    Slightly synical view, a good decision regardless.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Yep. A complete empty gesture by the board to try & score some good publicity in the short term. Nothing at all to do with a former player & current board member suffering from male cancers and our recent work with Prostate Cancer UK. & we didn't turn down a sponsorship deal from QuickQuid that was 3 times more than what we received last year either.

A fantastic decision by the club, one that many families have been seriously affected by and a cause that needs much greater awareness.

• Options

DA9 said:

Yep. A complete empty gesture by the board to try & score some good publicity in the short term. Nothing at all to do with a former player & current board member suffering from male cancers and our recent work with Prostate Cancer UK. & we didn't turn down a sponsorship deal from QuickQuid that was 3 times more than what we received last year either.

A fantastic decision by the club, one that many families have been seriously affected by and a cause that needs much greater awareness.

Pity no other companies, bar dubious lenders, wanted to sponsor the shirts.

Good pr though, more of the richer clubs should adopt this policy.