Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrews Sign Up For Second Year Sponsorship

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Go fat bloke!
  • Options
    Can everyone calm down now?
  • Options
    New strip announced next week then..
  • Options
    "We couldn't find anyone else, so we done it on the cheap again"

;-)
  • Options
    FFS
  • Options
    Announcement may be sooner than next week, OS is currently down
  • Options
    Well that's settled my stomach......

#forourolderfans
  • Options
    WSS said:

;-)

What I heard was that Andrews were by far the better option both financially and image wise (think Bolton/Sheff Weds).

Locally based firm that makes things and who are fans = very good news.
  • Options
    Excellent news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Announcement may be sooner than next week, OS is currently down

Takeover?
  • Options

WSS said:

;-)

What I heard was that Andrews were by far the better option both financially and image wise (think Bolton/Sheff Weds).

Nice Pun Henry!! ;o)
  • Options
    Don't understand why people look on this so negatively.

There seems to be an assumption that this is somehow a poor option. Unless people have some actual figures to support this (i.e. how much we are getting from them, and how much other similar-sized Championship clubs are getting by comparison), then this is pure speculation.

Most of us are proud of the club's strong links with the community. Mutual support from a local company forms part of this community link.

And as for people that are embarassed by having the name on the shirt, I think they need to get out more. There are Premiership teams with far more embarassing sponsors (Wonga.com anyone?)
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

Don't understand why people look on this so negatively.

And as for people that are embarassed by having the name on the shirt, I think they need to get out more. There are Premiership teams with far more embarassing sponsors (Wonga.com anyone?)

Great point and well made.
  • Options
    Some info on Andrews-Sykes for anyone interested:

http://www.andrews-sykes.com/info/about-us/
  • Options

WSS said:

;-)

Nice Pun Henry!! ;o)
    Riviera's was sharper, about Andrews "settling my stomach".

• Options
    I didn't realise they were now linked in with Sykes? I remember their brown glass building on Woolwich Road, very futuristic looking it was in the 70's. My mates Dad worked for Sykes for a long time, did a lot of stuff in Saudi I seem to remember. Can't imagine what they needed pumps for out there with all that sand?
  • Options
    Pleased about this. In an ideal world we wouldn't need sponsors, but as we're not I'm far happier it's a local firm that makes things as Henry said.
    TBH there is some sense in raising brand awareness by sponsoring a football team. A colleague is just about to leave for F&C and I was the only one who'd heard of them, cos they sponsor Birmingham City. Now if I ever need air conditioning.....
  • Options

WSS said:

;-)

Agreed.

Just a shame it looked rubbish on shirts last season...

• Options
    Riviera said:

I didn't realise they were now linked in with Sykes? I remember their brown glass building on Woolwich Road, very futuristic looking it was in the 70's. My mates Dad worked for Sykes for a long time, did a lot of stuff in Saudi I seem to remember. Can't imagine what they needed pumps for out there with all that sand?

Oil??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

;-)

Nice Pun Henry!! ;o)
    Riviera's was sharper, about Andrews "settling my stomach".

I'm too young to get that (I wish)! ;o)
  • Options
    Great news as far as I am concerned. I did a bit of checking when the deal was initially announced last year and looked at all the other Championship clubs. Most sponsors were local businesses and where they weren't they were betting organisations or payday lenders pretty much.

I'm proud of what we do in the community and the fact that we are a shining light, winning awards for it. I'm also proud that we have a local sponsor, who actually support the team and contribute locally with manufacturing jobs.

It would be nice to think that the increased exposure from their sponsorship of us helped in the 20%+ profit uplift for the firm and we therefore both win from the relationship.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Oil??
    I am surprised at you BFR.
  • Options
    In the assumption we weren't going to be sponsored by some global giant, willing to pump squillions into a deal, Andrews will do fine. Hopefully they won't go bust like most of our sponsors do...

• Options
  • Options
    The weird thing is I wouldn't mind if we had "Andrews Sykes" on our shirts, Its just the heating and air conditioning mixed with the template kit that makes it all look a bit Sunday league.
  • Options
    Was a bit unsure at first but now I find it endearingly odd, and have got used to it. Another year will be fine.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Oil??
    How do you get water to the top of sky scrappers?
  • Options

Riviera said:

Oil??
    What is a sky scrapper?

• Options

Riviera said:

Oil??
    What is a sky scrapper?

Someone who likes a punch up on a plane!