Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Ireland

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    TelMc32 said:

cafctom said:

Why on earth did I happen to end up in a pub surrounded by 5-6 wankers with Crystal Palace shirts, scarfs etc. AND supporting Ireland just because "well my uncle's from there".

Nigel pricks. Can't they just vanish until August?

I know a couple of saps who do the same mate. My Uncle drank a pint of Guinness once. Does that mean I'll support Ireland despite being born and bred in England? No. It's bizarre. I could understand it (ever so slightly) if Ireland weren't a dogshit team. But they are.

The fact we couldn't beat them is besides the point!
    You bring it up and then say it isn't the point? Strange.

England were far better in the second half, but couldn't break down the Irish Team. Better than the launching of the ball from back to front that they were trying in the first half. Forde had a very good game (please leave the spanners), wonderfully taken goal from Shane Long and some good football in the first half from the boys in green.

Glad that both anthems seemed well respected. Hopefully, it won't be so long before the next game :)
    It's completely besides "the" point. My point was that it's very odd how so many Englishmen seem to cling onto a diluted sense of Irishness despite living in and being born in England. I've even seen people post pictures of "England away," when they were born in London. Bizarre.

For the record, I also never said we (England) were good. We were crap. Against a crap side. No surprises there.
  • Options
    I forgot that England were playing.That shows how interested I am in my national team.I am sorry if that upsets a few of you.
  • Options
    Put it this way, I weren't too bothered that I didn't own a telly last night
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Ain't you the lucky ones. Feel for us poor souls that actually went and witnessed it first hand!

• Options

BIG_ROB said:

Ain't you the lucky ones. Feel for us poor souls that actually went and witnessed it first hand!

I went. Good job i had 7 pints before hand. Utter shit.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I forgot that England were playing.That shows how interested I am in my national team.I am sorry if that upsets a few of you.

Why do people feel the need to talk about England like this? Like everyone else in the nation is gonna be begging you to love the national side again.

It's like you really don't care but you care just enough to tell everyone how little you care. Strange.
  • Options
    I care 100%, just glad I never watched it
  • Options
    Its a friendly they sometimes are brilliant they sometimes are poor its a non competitive match at the end of a long season

• Options
    BREAKING: Brazil v England has been 'suspended' for now, by a court, as the Maracanã is deemed not safe for hosting events.
  • Options
    If that stays so, that's an absolute sickener for anyone heading over. There are at least a couple of domestic games taking place to try and make up for it (a little).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice play up until we got in an near the box, then crowded out. Ireland defended well apart from our goal and this was the sort of game you need a Carroll type playing in.
  • Options
    8 pints last night, in the family section with my sons football club, I thought I did well considering the shit I watched last night. Better than the two English pricks who fronted up a couple of young irish fans who were with another Junior football team and then proceeded to sing no surrender. So embarassing and made themselves look stupid as everyone just looked at them in disbelief.
  • Options

BREAKING: Brazil v England has been 'suspended' for now, by a court, as the Maracanã is deemed not safe for hosting events.

Maracana debacle now being reported on BBC website...

• Options
    @SkySportsNews: Sky Sources: FIFA expect Brazil v England on Sunday to go ahead after reports claim match suspended over safety concerns at Maracana Stadium
  • Options
    Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 3m
    FIFA told safety certificate for Maracana Stadium to be issued on Friday & England's game with Brazil to go ahead as scheduled. #SSN
  • Options

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 3m
    FIFA told safety certificate for Maracana Stadium to be issued on Friday & England's game with Brazil to go ahead as scheduled. #SSN

I should imagine some money exchanged hands. Been to that stadium btw. Vast doesnt even begin to cover it
  • Options
    kafka said:

I hate seeing the empty expensive seats at Wembley. Either change the camara side or sell the seats to real fans

I don't think they can. I believe that the cameras on the other side are recording the away team coverage in order that they can put adverts for their country on the opposite side of the pitch.