Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Ireland

Comments

• Options
    kafka said:

I hate seeing the empty expensive seats at Wembley. Either change the camara side or sell the seats to real fans

could not agree more - always looks empty!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Think we've been better second half.

Still believe we would be a better side with someone like Carroll as a focus point in attack. He isn't world class I know, but he gives us a different option.

Rooney drops too deep and sturridge/Defoe aren't good enough to play alone.
  • Options
    Rooney needs to be played as the main striker it's where we have seen his best form throughout his career.
  • Options
    Hate to say it but Forde has been excellent
  • Options
    For Man Utd in the Prem, yes. International football is a lot different though.
  • Options

Hate to say it but Forde has been excellent

He has been good, hopefully this performance will earn him a move!
  • Options
    shite.
  • Options
    Shane long and his chewing gum get right on me tits
  • Options
    Someone better tell the Irish fans this cup final doesn't go to ET
  • Options
    Utterly pointless game, how this prepares us for any World Cup games is absolutely beyond me.

I can understand playing in Rio against Brazil, that's a great game, but Ireland at Wembley is nothing more than a 'Game 39' of the Premier League season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Ashley Cole wasn't going to talk to the media?
  • Options
    Dog shit. Anyone who expects more from England is a deluded fruit loop.
  • Options
    Can we stop playing the player that can't even get into the Arsenal team?

Plus I don't see what Rooney brings to the team, he's rubbish and lazy.
  • Options

Rooney needs to be played as the main striker it's where we have seen his best form throughout his career.

He has been but never bloody stays there, doesn't follow game plans and drops too deep all the time leaving fck all up front, been shit for England since 2004 (I think) when he was fearless and just stayed up front and ran at players.

• Options
    Play 4-3-3.

Sturridge on the left, Defoe through the middle and Walcott on the right.

Lampard, Carrick and Wilshere/Cleverly in the midfield.
  • Options
    Rooney isn't rubbish.

Second half I thought he did ok. Some nice touches and link up play.

However, without Gerrard or an out and out centre forward with him, he doesn't look like he's going to get plenty of chances.

With the current standard of the premier league (this year was shite) I've lowered my expectations of the national team. Not having a goalscorer is a major concern.
  • Options
    Thought Rooney had a good game unlike the rest who had complete shockers.
  • Options
    Should have watched Springwatch.

Probably would have if Kate was still in it.
  • Options
    Why on earth did I happen to end up in a pub surrounded by 5-6 wankers with Crystal Palace shirts, scarfs etc. AND supporting Ireland just because "well my uncle's from there".

Nigel pricks. Can't they just vanish until August?
  • Options
    Rooney has done nothing special for England, yet he's undroppable. Is it because he's from the 'golden era' and therefore must play at every opportunity?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rooney has done nothing special for England, yet he's undroppable. Is it because he's from the 'golden era' and therefore must play at every opportunity?

35 goals in 81 matches. Hmmm!
    Tonight the midfield created nothing, the defence was woeful and Rooney had to drop deep to try and get things going. Hoofing the ball up to him isn't and didn't achieve anything.
  • Options

35 goals in 81 matches. Hmmm!
    Tonight the midfield created nothing, the defence was woeful and Rooney had to drop deep to try and get things going. Hoofing the ball up to him isn't and didn't achieve anything.
    Rooney drops deep in every game regardless.

World Cup qualifiers against minnows = 20 games, 14 goals.
    World Cup = 8 games, 0 goals.

For a player of his apparent quality, he should be leading the line. Not just walking about in midfield because he doesn't have the mental strength to stay in his position where we need him.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Why on earth did I happen to end up in a pub surrounded by 5-6 wankers with Crystal Palace shirts, scarfs etc. AND supporting Ireland just because "well my uncle's from there".

I know a couple of saps who do the same mate. My Uncle drank a pint of Guinness once. Does that mean I'll support Ireland despite being born and bred in England? No. It's bizarre. I could understand it (ever so slightly) if Ireland weren't a dogshit team. But they are.

The fact we couldn't beat them is besides the point!
  • Options
    We're not great, we've no properly class players but we are far from dogshit.
  • Options
    Ireland in an Umbro shirt and us in a Nike one. It makes us look like the USA.
  • Options

This

Was shocking at South Africa, as were 90%, yet they all were still in the quad for the past 2 years bar Rio
    (who they begged back)

Travesty of a once great football nation.

• Options
    Always manage to disappoint.

Embarrassing
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Should have watched Springwatch.

Probably would have if Kate was still in it

me too

• Options
    edited May 2013

cafctom said:

I know a couple of saps who do the same mate. My Uncle drank a pint of Guinness once. Does that mean I'll support Ireland despite being born and bred in England? No. It's bizarre. I could understand it (ever so slightly) if Ireland weren't a dogshit team. But they are.

The fact we couldn't beat them is besides the point!
    You bring it up and then say it isn't the point? Strange.

England were far better in the second half, but couldn't break down the Irish Team. Better than the launching of the ball from back to front that they were trying in the first half. Forde had a very good game (please leave the spanners), wonderfully taken goal from Shane Long and some good football in the first half from the boys in green.

Glad that both anthems seemed well respected. Hopefully, it won't be so long before the next game :)
  • Options
    Well said Tel. For me Forde and Coleman were excellent and Rooney was starved of the ball. Good night in Charlton shared by fans of both sides and long may it continue.:)