Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you watch another football team when Charlton are away?

If I have a Saturday free Ill indulge in a bit of extra-curricular football activity during the season. I went to a few Brentford games last season as I have a friend who goes and has spares tickets going every now and then. Also took advantage of the cheap tickets they had during the early rounds of their FA Cup run and their great "pay what you like" promotion. Even managed to ponce a couple of freebies for their play off final. All in all its actually quite enjoyable to watch a game live without the rollercoaster of emotion I get at the Valley.

Comments

• Options
    Quite a bit of non-league
  • Options
    Whitehawk
  • Options
    Biggleswade Town - just been promoted via the play offs to the southern league ( Evostick ) premier division . #Waders
  • Options
    Central Coast Mariners......they play nice football, but wont ever replace Charlton.
  • Options
    Used to go watch Gravesend & Northfleet back in the 80/90's when I was free. Thought about doing so again a couple of years ago til I saw what they were charging..................
  • Options

Whitehawk

You got no fans.

you got no ground.
  • Options
    Been west ham with my girlfriend twice this season when she's had a spare ticket and we're not playing
  • Options

Whitehawk

You got no fans.

you got no ground.
    Made me chuckle............
  • Options

Whitehawk

You got no fans.

you got no ground.
    I was at that game, he wasn't even the worst fan there. If you'd seen the state of the bloke that ran on...
  • Options

Whitehawk

You got no fans.

you got no ground.
    You want some? I'll give it you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Occasionally Hamlet
  • Options
    Hitchin Town / St Albans City
  • Options
    With Welling having been promoted, they'll be playing Dartford in the Conference next season. Might be a tasty local derby.
  • Options
    Troche
  • Options
    bit of Chelmsford City, time permitting
  • Options
    This season did a total of 5 Brentford, 3 Dulwich Hamlet and 1 SV Hamburg.

Back in the 80's when there was terracing....quite a bit of Brentford, QPR and Fulham and a few Millwall, Orient, Crystal Palace, Spurs and West Ham. Orient was always a good option when there was snow because they always played when others didn't! Palace played a few Sunday games and the others were either midweek or when we'd been knocked out of the FA Cup(!) or when the trains didn't run to Norwich!!! (Mortimer 3-1) :-(
  • Options
    I used to go Aylesbury United until we moved back to Essex. Been a couple of Arsenal games in the last few years because the missus is a fan. Hopefully going to attend some lower league games next season (Chelmsford, Billericay etc).
  • Options
    Welling United
  • Options
    Used to go to Orient BITD when they were in "Division 3" and I was too young to go to long distance or midweek away games on my own... made sense as they were my local team and it was only £30 for an U16 season ticket at one point (but a tenner on the gate), so with us in the PL and having a different fixture schedule you could easily do a handful a year.
  • Options

Whitehawk

You got no fans.

you got no ground.
    I was at that game, he wasn't even the worst fan there. If you'd seen the state of the bloke that ran on...
    My brother bought the t shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    "If you want some, I'll give it ya!"

• Options
    edited May 2013
    season just gone i went to about 4 ebbsfleet matches, 1 millwall match, 1 spurs match and 1 dagenham match.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thats the t shirt he got.
  • Options
    That's the lout from that video isn't it?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

What video? Can we see it?
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Welcome to the board btw.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Welcome to the board btw.
    Thanks, Bournemouth. It's a pleasure exchanging views with y'all.

• Options
    I go to about 15 Tonbridge Angels matches a season in the Connie Sarf.
  • Options
    I go Ebbsfleet a couple of times a season, pwopa football.