Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That Bloke in midfield for The Toon

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
You know....Little spotty fella, got the ball then spun around in circles a lot, got booed for some reason, tried to play us on his own, we all asked him the score...you know the chap, one question...has he won anything in his career since he left SE7?

Just thought I'd ask!

Staying up? OH-PHUCKIN-YES!!

Comments

• Options
    has he won anything in his career since he left SE7?

The Premiership with Chelsea.
  • Options
    yep premiership winner!!!
  • Options
    Some people are so petty and small minded - not to mention childish. Fancy booing someone who left years ago. I'd have him back like a shot.
  • Options
    Nonsense. Bloke represents what too many footballers are about these days. Money.
  • Options
    No, it's not nonsense - I would.

Anyway, I'll take your "nonsense" and raise you a piffle!
  • Options
    Booing lifts a player and also add's to him kickin lumps out of players we can ill afford to lose.
  • Options
    Didnt seem to lift him today did it Steve ? What I will say about the money grabber is he seemed very reluctant to play his normal passing play, seemed to hog it at times and do everything himself. May have created a few more chances if he had looked around more rather than his head down belting towards goal. Although saying that instead of fizzing a shot after one run he passed it and it was a waste !
  • Options
    I would have him back or someone like him.Every team needs one.
  • Options
    Jesus, why are you so bothered about the bloke. Get over it. We won.
  • Options
    Oh come on, Black Forest. You can hardly say that Parker won a Premiership title with Chelsea when he only played a handful of games in that season for them. I am not even sure he would have qualified to get a medal.
    The days of my complete hatred of Parker are over but he must realise now that he made a huge error leaving us when he did and going to Chelsea for a wasted three years. If he had stayed till the end of the year and been our fulcrum then he would have got a move to one of the other big clubs and had a much better chance of getting a regular spot which he never had a prayer of doing at Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree Ormiston, he was poorly advised and behaved badly. But I guess his bank balance is better than mine.
  • Options
    Sorry Chaps, he didnt get a medal for the Prem with The russians. So he has won a big fat zero. Oh by the way it was supposed to be a light-hearted post. FAO Off It, wind yer neck in!
  • Options
    you have to play 8 games,he did so.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Couldn't believe how subdued he was today. Does he always play that deep these days?
  • Options
    I was pretty ambivialant about the little shit until the tackle for which Faye got booked. Facing the East Stand he went down as if shot, his face contorted in agony to to the extent that I thought he was seriously injured. However, once he realised that he had won the free kick and that Faye was getting booked he winked and jumped up like Lazarus and trotted off laughing. Two bob tosspot.
  • Options
    Did parker actually get a medal that year? I don't recall.
  • Options
    Apparently Parker played 11 games for Chelsea on 2003/04 (under Ranieri) and only 4 in 2004/05 so he would NOT have got a Premiership medal in the 2004/05 season and then left to play for Newcastle in 05/06.

So, no medals for Spotty and he probably will never get one unless he gets a move to one of the big four which looks a bit unlikely.
  • Options
    Strange to watch him today, he's a shadow of the player he was.His shots summed him up, thought he looked frustrated and ineffective.
  • Options
    Perhaps we can buy him back in the summer.
    He seems to have gone off the boil for the second half of the season.
  • Options
    as sentimental as we'd all like to be about football , in the cold light of day can anyone blame spotty parker for leaving to double his salary and secure his families future when he's only one bad tackle away(i know it's not likely to happen , but it could have) from the end of his career.... how many of us would have stayed in the same situation, how many of us have turned down double your salary offers to stay loyal to a firm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [
    He seems to have gone off the boil for the second half of the season.

That's his Charlton pedigree showing through! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]has he won anything in his career since he left SE7?

The Premiership with Chelsea.

Did he get a medal though? You have to appear in ten league games I think and I'm not sure he did, unless they count unused subs these days!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]as sentimental as we'd all like to be about football , in the cold light of day can anyone blame spotty parker for leaving to double his salary and secure his families future when he's only one bad tackle away(i know it's not likely to happen , but it could have) from the end of his career.... how many of us would have stayed in the same situation, how many of us have turned down double your salary offers to stay loyal to a firm

The poor lad..he was only on £15k a week at Charlton, although I did hear that he was down to his last Aston Martin.

I'd have had no problems with him going at the end of the season, just as I had no problems had he left the previous summer when Chelsea first came in for him. But he chose to leave while the club that had nurtured him from a school kid through to a professional was enjoying its best ever season and looked set for European football. He spent ten odd years at Charlton and the club did a good job on him, helping him turn his talent into reality. Charlton could have overplayed him as a teenager and he had several stretches out the game then with injury, at each one the club were patient and out his needs and career first. He turned his back on that and an achievement of getting Charlton into Europe in favour of a short-term personal gain - at the end of that year there would have been offers and if not he had a five year contract at Charlton to fall back on. Playing at Chelsea may have made him rich - in two years he earned several million quid, but he played just 15 times. Part of my annoyance with him going was that I knew he'd never get a game there (at least not while Lampard and Veron etc were fit) and that maybe Chelsea were buying him to prevent us from playing him, of those matches he did play at Chelsea he was mostly stuck on the wing and wasted.
  • Options
    Agreed BFR, very good points
  • Options
    unfortunately there's not much room for sentiment in football , hence he moved on to the detriment of his playing career but to the bettterment of his bank balance
  • Options
    Sorry, but hasn't all of this been said before - countless times?

Someone will be dredging up the old Valley Gold debate again soon.
  • Options
    he's gone thats it let sleepin dogs lie
  • Options
    Some of the foul mouthed stuff was over the top yesterday. However, asking him what the score is perfectly reasonable banter in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yeah the Greedy whats the score was a good un! The booing yesterday could of been worse tho, so i think he got off lightly, which was good for us, as he was shite yesterday!
  • Options
    I didn't boo, but did at least join in witht he score chant.